Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 101 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by bahbevans
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C124403D-EA9C-4E77-B4DC-6F2E4C02E5B1 (resized).jpeg
    4CA32F80-D64E-4AC0-BFCC-BCB27C82B178 (resized).jpeg
    image.jpg
    th-9.jpeg
    th.jpeg

There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 10 years ago

actually @ Disney this weekend......IJ and POTC in Magic Kingdom Arcade, around the corner from the video games...easy to find...only got to play each game once (out of respect, actually a mini line of kids wanting to play...made me happy to step aside after one long round on each)....both machines played well (weak flippers, leveling issue on POTC) and were pretty well lit. My first time at both tables and enjoyed them both....overheard some teenagers commenting on how much they loved pinball...good stuff.....sure beat the 75 minute wait for space mountain. Already rode rockin rollercoaster earlier at the other park, so my near-death fix had already been filled for the day...PINBALL STILL ALIVE in the Kingdom!!!...mark

btw - quality of parks are definitely NOT declining ( used to live in Tampa years ago, and I was one of the first to ride the "new" Space Mountain when it was unveiled)...they are rebuilding and adding on like crazy out there........

#52 10 years ago

final Disney post after a long weekend....

Stayed @ Clarion Inn, Lake Buena Vista:

Arcade on-site in lobby:

TSPP- very weak flippers, overall, a little slow (second one I've played, sort of stop and go, anyway) but playable w/ some getting used to....btw.....not even in the same league as TZ, comparing stop and go, in my opinion......very glad I bought SM as my STERN.....

Dale Earnhardt Nascar Pin - crazy fast, great shape, and pretty fun to play (I don't really like these type of machines, but the double, triple loop had me going after a long day at the parks...made me dizzy keeping track of the ball..)...took a fair amount of quarters off of me...wouldn't own one, but definitely filled the pinball fix for the night....

that's it...back home, and hope to be sleeping soon......mark

#53 10 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

Dale Earnhardt Nascar Pin - crazy fast, great shape, and pretty fun to play

Quoted from MK6PIN:

definitely filled the pinball fix for the night....

That it can do!

1 week later
    #54 10 years ago

There's a Tron Pro and POTC at Disney's Polynesian next to Capt. Crook's quick serve restaurant. The Tron is really tight. I've never played before. Costs only 25 'credits' to play. (600 credits for $10). Fruit Ninja was 50 credits, so you can see the difference in popularity.

Played 10 games or so. Replayed about 6 times. Liked the game a lot. POTC was in good shape but plays slower and seemed a little sluggish.

image.jpgimage.jpg

1 month later
    #55 10 years ago

You guys should check out Cow Lick's in Daytona, they have SS, MB, SWEP1, Bally HD, and they recently added RFM. Games are in great working condition. Give them a spin and support the place, and don't forget to get food/ice cream!

1 year later
    #56 9 years ago

Played the pins in Space Mountain yesterday. Avengers, Xmen, Avatar, Indiana Jones and POTC. They were all running, meaning "powered on" but were filthy. Xmen was soot black and ran left so hard that anything dropping out of the Magneto lock drained the ball. My wife played Avengers and walked away muttering "That sucked." I asked "Your one game or that game in general?" She said "both"

I did see some kids playing and enjoying the pins though. There is still interest....far more in the redemption room with the crane games etc but still interest.

OT it was my seven year olds first time on Space Mountain. What started in tears of fright ended in big smiles and "can we do it again?" Disney is great!!

#57 9 years ago
    Quoted from Underspin:

Played the pins in Space Mountain yesterday. Avengers, Xmen, Avatar, Indiana Jones and POTC. They were all running, meaning "powered on" but were filthy. Xmen was soot black and ran left so hard that anything dropping out of the Magneto lock drained the ball. My wife played Avengers and walked away muttering "That sucked." I asked "Your one game or that game in general?" She said "both"
    I did see some kids playing and enjoying the pins though. There is still interest....far more in the redemption room with the crane games etc but still interest.
    OT it was my seven year olds first time on Space Mountain. What started in tears of fright ended in big smiles and "can we do it again?" Disney is great!!

I was there a few weeks ago and played some of the pins. They were all very dirty, but mostly working. Between earning free games and matching, I left 3 games on Avengers after I had played all I wanted to. I found a guy with his son and told them there were free games on it and they ran over to play.

#58 9 years ago

I had time for one horrible game on Xmen and was pulled away by my excited daughter wanting to ride again. I'll tell you what this is the best time of year to be here. American kids are back in school (except for...ahem...ours and there are some foreign families traveling but that's about it. We did Thunder Mtn railroad three times in a row. No wait, trains were not full. Space Mtn had about a 10 minute wait but that's it. Really nice down here in fact Im back to it now! L8R

#59 9 years ago
    Quoted from Underspin:

Played the pins in Space Mountain yesterday. Avengers, Xmen, Avatar, Indiana Jones and POTC. They were all running, meaning "powered on" but were filthy.

Wow, sounds like they haven't cleaned them since I was there in January. In January they were all clean and looked like they were taken care of. Avengers was not working and IJ had a divot at the magnet by the ark, but otherwise it worked and was playable. I posted about it on my site:
    http://kcpins.com/archives/1446

4 years later
    #60 5 years ago

Any updates on locations on Disney property with pinball machines? I know some of these are no longer around.

#61 5 years ago

Love it when an old thread is resurrected!

#63 5 years ago

Disney Quest was torn down last year.

#64 5 years ago

Not directly related but there was a spiderman vault and I believe avengers at universal studios orlando.

#65 5 years ago

There are typically a couple of pins at some of the major resorts. The last I remember was a Tron at the Contemporary.

#66 5 years ago

Each "All Star" hotel has an arcade in the main building (at least the ones I went into). They all had between 2 and 4 pins all of which were Stern/Disney licenses.

#67 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinwizkid:

Each "All Star" hotel has an arcade in the main building (at least the ones I went into). They all had between 2 and 4 pins all of which were Stern/Disney licenses.

All of the onsite hotels have an arcade. Most are pretty small. In the last several years I have not come across a fully working pin at any of the hotels.

#68 5 years ago
    Quoted from Boat:

Not directly related but there was a spiderman vault and I believe avengers at universal studios orlando.

In the marvel arcade in Universal, I only saw spiderman. I was there a few weeks ago.

#69 5 years ago

Take a Trip to the Pinball Lounge during non peak driving hours!
    A New 4000 sq ft arcade has also opened nearby.

This weekend is Freeplay, Nearby, and Next week is IAPPA, if ones in town.

#70 5 years ago

Pinball map shows a handful at some on property hotels. I will try and check those out.

#71 5 years ago

We were there this summer. I played a lot of Star Wars at the pop Century resort it was in great shape, but I read here just a few months later it had all kinds of lights out. Tron and xmen there were all beat up. Avengers at Art of Animation hardly worked.
    Animal kingdom Lodge Jambo house had Tron and Stern POTC, both had so many lights out you could hardly see the ball and weak flippers. Over at Animal Kingdom Kidani Village they had Stern Indiana Jones. The skill shot switch on the plunge was completely missing. Right flipper was so weak you could only hit the ramp if it was perfect.
    Very disappointing. We go every summer and I used to play a lot at the resorts and they were in pretty good shape. Not anymore.

#72 5 years ago

Was there in Oct, stayed at the Polynesian. Arcade gone, Contempory acrcade gone, Floridian nothing. No pins in any of the theme parks. Downtown Disney is big and may have some, but didn't want to go there to look.

#73 5 years ago

At Art of Animation now. They have a tron, avengers and stern star wars. Avengers and Tron are pretty dirty. Star Wars has LEDs and looks pretty good. Didnt have time to play them.

#74 5 years ago

Question of the decade is, WHO is the distributor of Disney's pins? Apparently, from what I've gathered, they don't own them and when they really get shitty, they pull them and then they're never seen again. We're talking a lot of pins from RBION/ELVIS on up, sitting around in a warehouse collecting dust, needing major shop jobs, or, unthinkably, destroyed....

#75 5 years ago
    Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

WHO is the distributor of Disney's pins?

I was wondering this last week while I was there. Prob have like 5 IJs and potc's beat to shit laying around. They take such poor care of the games there. I stayed at several resorts this last trip AOA did have a busted up tron with the upper left flipper not working game was dirty as shit. Star wars was good and fully working and I played it alot. Avengers was out of service. We then went to Bay lake where they had a Stern IJ, the flippers we're super weak and all the spot lights were not working could barely see a thing. We go there every year and stay at different resorts all the resorts that have pins which is not many are in poor shape.

#76 5 years ago
    Quoted from V_piscopo:

I was wondering this last week while I was there. Prob have like 5 IJs and potc's beat to shit laying around. They take such poor care of the games there. I stayed at several resorts this last trip AOA did have a busted up tron with the upper left flipper not working game was dirty as shit. Star wars was good and fully working and I played it alot. Avengers was out of service. We then went to Bay lake where they had a Stern IJ, the flippers we're super weak and all the spot lights were not working could barely see a thing. We go there every year and stay at different resorts all the resorts that have pins which is not many are in poor shape.

Either they (unlikely) or their distributor have dozens, if not a hundred, well routed pins just sitting around. Hard to figure out just how to get to the source, but if they do in fact still have them, it's very hard to believe they wouldn't sell them each for a couple grand a piece.

#77 5 years ago

A couple years ago, I met two Techs at a Party here, that worked for the Party responsible.
    I dont recall names, but when asked, they shared they were aware, but had no authority, or opportunity
    to purchase replacement parts, and were issued rules to spend the most minimal of time on routine maintenance.
    They felt bad they couldnt do their job correctly.....All about money, and not about people/players.

#78 5 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

had no authority, or opportunity
    to purchase replacement parts,

Two years ago i was at the Disney Quest in Downtown Disney and this explains the state of the 10 pinball machines they had. My favorite was the Xmen. The magnet in front of Wolverine was missing and the hole was covered with layers of tape.

9 months later
    #79 4 years ago

We are here in Disney for a few weeks.
    Most of the resorts have added GOTG pro models. I played one at Pop Century, Art of Animation, French Quarter and Riverside. All but the Riverside worked great. That one the pops aren’t working and it’s crazy out of level. Played Avengers, Tron, Stern Indiana Jones, Star Wars and a few more. Only the Guardians worked great, everything else pretty beat. Someone has been working on the Trons though, last year they were unplayable, this year some have recently rebuilt flippers that are quite strong and most things worked well enough to play a fun game. Super cheap entertainment still while my girls nap. 25 cents a game when you buy the value card, replays are set low, high scores are low and match percentage is high, I often get 3 free games in one play. Just had to walk away from a 726 million score on Guardians and a bunch of free games because we are headed off to the magic kingdom.

#80 4 years ago

Update
    Had time today before we headed to Animal Kingdom to see how far I could go on Guardians with no tilt. I nudged whenever I needed to and saved a few that were going down the middle with a gentle slide to the side an inch, but never abused the machine
    1.4 billion. Made it to Immolation Initiative and was only missing the Groot Multiball part of getting to Save Xander. Not sure what I needed in Groot to get there.

4CA32F80-D64E-4AC0-BFCC-BCB27C82B178 (resized).jpeg4CA32F80-D64E-4AC0-BFCC-BCB27C82B178 (resized).jpeg
    #81 4 years ago

I always think these 'I'm at Disney -where are the pinballs ?' threads are odd... To me it's like being at an orgy and asking if there's a football game on.
    : )

#82 4 years ago
    Quoted from Parkshow30:

We are here in Disney for a few weeks.
    Most of the resorts have added GOTG pro models. I played one at Pop Century, Art of Animation, French Quarter and Riverside.

They had probably around 4 machines at the Contemporary when we stay in May. GOTG for sure.

As you can imagine the games looked and played like shit, if they worked. I mean the 1 ball that was free and I played; too much time when I could be in line waiting to meet princesses *sigh*

#83 4 years ago

Here’s the contemporary as of early May 2019. The Star Wars was minty fresh, the others not so much. Maybe they changed some out after our visit...

C124403D-EA9C-4E77-B4DC-6F2E4C02E5B1 (resized).jpegC124403D-EA9C-4E77-B4DC-6F2E4C02E5B1 (resized).jpeg
    #84 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinJim:

Here’s the contemporary as of early May 2019.

Ah you are totally right...it was SW when I was there too; hwo could I forget that with all the SW they throw at you now?!
    Avengers was in bad shape at our visit

#85 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinballSTAR:

I always think these 'I'm at Disney -where are the pinballs ?' threads are odd... To me it's like being at an orgy and asking if there's a football game on.

We have annual passes and stay between 2 and 3 weeks each summer. I’m not missing out on anything by playing pinball. We stay a long time so we never have to rush through going from ride to ride sun up to sun down. We get to spend a lot of time at the resorts enjoying the pools and recreation as well as parks mostly at night.

#86 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinballSTAR:

EXACTLY!! Unless you are able to take an extended stay at Disney, there is just way too much to see and do to worry about pinball for a few days. And even if you are on an extended stay, with WDW prices, you better make the most of the attractions to get your money's worth!

#87 4 years ago

My experience may be a little different. I have a 4 and 5 year old. They can only last so long at the parks. So in the evenings, we often retreated back to the hotel. At the Contemporary, the arcade is a kids paradise. So we spent an hour or so there a day. Mom was there too, which gave me the opportunity to play some pinball. And my boys like to play too; they are familiar with them from the house (and don't constantly slap the flippers). Good times for all. Man their Star Wars was nice, I seriously thought about getting one after the trip but simply am out of room at the house. =(

#88 4 years ago
    Quoted from sbmania:

EXACTLY!! Unless you are able to take an extended stay at Disney, there is just way too much to see and do to worry about pinball for a few days. And even if you are on an extended stay, with WDW prices, you better make the most of the attractions to get your money's worth!

I'm a passholder and go all the time. We usually stay at the Boardwalk, and there is usually a pin in the clubhouse by their quiet pool area. After doing Disney a lot, downtime is nice.

And I'd imagine that even at an orgy, you'd eventually want to take a break...

#90 4 years ago

I must be getting old. Orgy or pinball all night by myself. I’ll take pinball. Lol

#91 4 years ago

99% sure I’ll be back at Disney for the Gartner show again. Hopefully they have pins still! Pretty sure I was at the French quarter last year and they had a game.

1 month later
    #92 4 years ago

Here we go again!

I'll be at the animal kingdom for hotel, curious if there is an arcade there?!?!

And for the gartner fun event, it is at the Magical Kingdom. Since I saw a small arcade at every hotel I would assume there would be some around.

#93 4 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Here we go again!
    I'll be at the animal kingdom for hotel, curious if there is an arcade there?!?!
    And for the gartner fun event, it is at the Magical Kingdom. Since I saw a small arcade at every hotel I would assume there would be some around.

We were there last year. There was a Tron and a Pirates of the Caribbean that were in poor shape at the arcade by the main pool. There was a Stern Indiana Jones that had a weak left flipper and a broken skill shot in the arcade at kidani village. Disappointing for pinball but the resort was amazing between the pools and the animals and food and activities. Enjoy!

#94 4 years ago

They had nice GOTG at New Orleans a month ago. All the Trons are poor that I've seen.

#95 4 years ago
    Quoted from Parkshow30:

We were there last year. There was a Tron and a Pirates of the Caribbean that were in poor shape at the arcade by the main pool. There was a Stern Indiana Jones that had a weak left flipper and a broken skill shot in the arcade at kidani village. Disappointing for pinball but the resort was amazing between the pools and the animals and food and activities. Enjoy!

Ah nice! Thanks! I won’t have time to enjoy the pools but I’ll be able to sneak away after booth hours

#96 4 years ago

The main lodge at animal kingdom resort has a gotg pro in decent shape. Got some games on this am, but wow $2 for a single play

2 months later
    #97 4 years ago

Just spent a week in Art of Animation resort. They had 4 pins. Stern SW, Avengers, GOTG, and Tron.. All were shit. Most were not even close to being level, especially Tron. All were extremely wobbly (loose legs?). Flippers not aligned on SW and I mean SEVERELY misaligned. Left flipper rested so high you could flip the ball on the left sling with the left flipper. I really wanted to play SW since I am deciding whether to get one. I did play it anyway just to see but the condition sure took away a lot of the enjoyment. All the machines had plunger or flipper issues, and some had a lot of GI out.

I guess the only good thing is they all had the tilt disabled (had to anyway as they were that wobbly).

#98 4 years ago
    Quoted from MrMikeman:

Just spent a week in Art of Animation resort. They had 4 pins. Stern SW, Avengers, GOTG, and Tron.. All were shit. Most were not even close to being level, especially Tron. All were extremely wobbly (loose legs?). Flippers not aligned on SW and I mean SEVERELY misaligned. Left flipper rested so high you could flip the ball on the left sling with the left flipper. I really wanted to play SW since I am deciding whether to get one. I did play it anyway just to see but the condition sure took away a lot of the enjoyment. All the machines had plunger or flipper issues, and some had a lot of GI out.
    I guess the only good thing is they all had the tilt disabled (had to anyway as they were that wobbly).

If you can get out of Disney to Oviedo Florida

https://www.arcademonsters.com/

Free play just pay $10/hr or $15 all day.

Or The Pinball Lounge

http://www.thepinballlounge.com/

About an hour drive.

#99 4 years ago

Anybody know of any pins at the Yacht Club?

#100 4 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Anybody know of any pins at the Yacht Club?

Only arcade machines when I stayed there in February.

There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-pinball-at-disney-world/page/2?hl=juicerc51 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.