Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 101 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by bahbevans
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C124403D-EA9C-4E77-B4DC-6F2E4C02E5B1 (resized).jpeg
    4CA32F80-D64E-4AC0-BFCC-BCB27C82B178 (resized).jpeg
    image.jpg
    th-9.jpeg
    th.jpeg
    There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 11 years ago

Seems like there could be considering it's so big, but they change things very, very often. Curious if any of you guys have seen tables there and where.

#2 11 years ago

I've had about 10 machines out of Disney World now. Very few new ones going in. Most of them are at the resorts, and are the Disney machines (POTC, TRON...).

#3 11 years ago

We're at Disney every year....

Disney Quest had about half a dozen games

We also saw games at several of the hotels and parks (we usually stay at Bay Lake), but they were always the same ones:
    POTC
    and
    Tron

(guess that's not too surprising).

#4 11 years ago

last month I got a grand champion score at Caribbean Beach on TRON- played well too

#5 11 years ago

On March 10, 2013 Disney Quest had Spider Man, Pirates of the Caribbean, Avatar, Transformers, Rolling Stones, Iron Man, Tron, and Avengers.

#6 11 years ago

At the end of Space Mountain there is an arcade with 3 or so pins. One is IJ....all are barely playable as they are not maintained. Most of the premium hotels have an arcade, and most have at least Tron and most likely a Pirates of the Caribbean. Disney Quest has 6 or so just as bcraft stated above. The Avatar is an LE. The Rolling Stones was basically unplayable due to a broken ramp. There was a Spiderman at Disney Quest as well. Have fun!!

#7 11 years ago

Huh. Neat. Might have to do a bit of traveling (by which I mean riding the resort transportation), but there's more than I thought.

#8 11 years ago

Disney's interest in pinball goes way back.

th.jpegth.jpeg

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Disney's interest in pinball goes way back.

Payout machine. Banned.

#10 11 years ago

The Contemporary Arcade had 4 machines (including the obvious Tron and POTC). Did not need to pay to gain access to the arcade unlike Disney Quest. I bought a game card and passed it off to a family when I left.

#11 11 years ago

Best machines when I was there were at Contemporary and Pop Century.

Although I've never been there, Ive heard many say to stay away from Disney Quest for pins.

#12 11 years ago

I stayed at Camp Wilderness several years back at my only trip to Disneyworld on a cross country camping trip ( I live 15 minutes from Disneyland) and they had two brand new Pinball machines in a gameroom next to the pool. Addams Family and Twilight Zone.

#13 11 years ago

We saw a couple Shreks, POTC, IJ. All were unplayable due to lack of maintenance. It was kinda sucky as younger people would walk up drop a quarter then just walk away after a few short minutes due to the unplayability.

#14 11 years ago

All I know is
    Ij
    Tron le
    And POTC
    Tspp
    Elvis
    Riplies
    Rct

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballgeek:

All I know is
    Ij
    TRON LE
    And POTC
    Tspp
    Elvis
    Riplies
    Rct

Oh and shrek

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I stayed at Camp Wilderness several years back at my only trip to Disneyworld on a cross country camping trip ( I live 15 minutes from Disneyland) and they had two brand new Pinball machines in a gameroom next to the pool. Addams Family and Twilight Zone.

This is actually where I'll be. I'll search around.

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from tcv:

This is actually where I'll be. I'll search around.

Cool, I'm curious to know what you'll find! That was 20 years ago.

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Wow I'd love to see a nib taf and tz 20 odd years after it left the factory unopened

#19 11 years ago

this January, at the Space Mountain arcade in Magic Kingdom, there was Elvis (broken but in service), IJ4 (out of service), RFM (out of service) and PotC (in service but really hard looking).

#20 11 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

this January, at the Space Mountain arcade in Magic Kingdom, there was Elvis (broken but in service), IJ4 (out of service), RFM (out of service) and PotC (in service but really hard looking).

Disney doesn't really care about pinball because they don't make any money on it (that I know of),
    if they could they probably would.

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Disney doesn't really care about pinball because they don't make any money on it (that I know of),
    if they could they probably would.

Bing, Bing Bing....we have a winner.

Don't get me wrong, I think Disney is pretty great at least as far as how they treat their customers. But that is because they understand how their bread is buttered....paying customers.

#22 11 years ago

Disney COULD put a decent arcade in...

I'd think Downtown Disney (which they are renaming) would be a good choice. They have an arcade there, but its so-so.

I think another great spot would be on the Boardwalk. We're DVC members and one of our favorite places to stay (after Bay Lake) is the Boardwalk. Especially now that our kids are getting a little older- they love to be able to walk around there at night and hang out at the various venues. A nice arcade seems like it would be a great fit.

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

Disney COULD put a decent arcade in...

Or at the very least outsource somebody to come in and service the machines they have once a week instead of never.

#24 11 years ago

I don't get it! Are you going to go to Disney with your family and play pinball?? I love pinball too but priority's man, enjoy your family don't spend $80.00 a ticket to play pinball. We'll unless they have WOZ

#25 11 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

OH! Uh... then... hmmm... well.

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rock914:

I don't get it! Are you going to go to Disney with your family and play pinball?? I love pinball too but priority's man, enjoy your family don't spend $80.00 a ticket to play pinball. We'll unless they have WOZ

I don't get a lot of local pinball and there will be down-time. During those down-times, perhaps I can see what's at the hotel or maybe the kiddos will want to go to DisneyQuest anyway.

Or it may turn out that I don't see or play pinball at all. Just depends.

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from tcv:

OH! Uh... then... hmmm... well.

No, I meant whether there is still a gameroom by the pool or not. lol.

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rock914:

I agree- thats why I think its a waste INSIDE the theme parks.

But in the hotels- or the outside-the-park venues- a much better spot.

#29 11 years ago

There's a POTC at Pizza Planet that I played. It was in awful shape but well worth playing a Disney pin in Disney.

I also remember an Indiana Jones Stern edition somewhere in the magic kingdom but I don't remember. My girlfriend didn't let me stay in the arcades long enough to poke around. I can't blame her though. Cheers

#30 11 years ago

Who here would play a Steamboat Mickey pin?

edit: Steamboat Willie

#31 11 years ago
    Quoted from keysersoze981:

There's a POTC at Pizza Planet that I played. It was in awful shape but well worth playing a Disney pin in Disney.

Ahh, Pizza Planet- forgot about that arcade/restaurant.

That *WOULD* be an appropriate place (in the park) for Disney to have some decent games.... it obviously would fit in with the theme of the place!

#32 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rock914:

Sure.....but no cost to walk into "Downtown Disney", which is where the biggest....but lame arcade is located.

#33 11 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

Sure.....but no cost to walk into "Downtown Disney", which is where the biggest....but lame arcade is located.

Don't you pay a ridiculous entry fee to go into Disney Quest though?

Last time we went, that's what stopped me from checking out the pins. I wasn't paying $30+ just to see how crappy the pins were for myself.

#34 11 years ago

I may have to renew my pass. Their pins may be wrecked, but this is one great ride!

#35 11 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Don't you pay a ridiculous entry fee to go into Disney Quest though?
    Last time we went, that's what stopped me from checking out the pins. I wasn't paying $30+ just to see how crappy the pins were for myself.

True....which is the same reason we never go in there......but if they had some great well maintained pins......

#36 11 years ago

I'm heading dowm there in a couple of weeks..........staying @ Clarion /hotel, which claims to have Gameroom....anxious to see what's in it....however, previous post is right...Wifey and kids coming, so I won't be searching that hard of pinball............proably getting dizzy on the teacups, and sheer terror on Aerosmith Rockin' Roller Coaster...........

1 week later
    #38 11 years ago

And the answer is...

I didn't go to many of the places listed. I never made it to Downtown Disney so I didn't get to Disney Quest.

I stayed at the Wilderness Lodge. There was an arcade, but no pinball.

Animal Kingdom Lodge had POTC and TRON. This is where I played POTC for the first time and I actually enjoy it. The left flipper could be pushed down by a fast ball, though. Tron seemed to be fine.

The Contemporary Resort had POTC, TRON, and Elvis. Elvis was simply dead. I tried to turn it on, but the DMD showed a bunch of garbage so I figured it was off for a reason. I didn't find anything wrong with the Tron and POTC, however.

I looked for an arcade at Epcot, but didn't find one. The Disney website lists arcades, but only listed those at the various hotels and resorts.

#39 11 years ago
    Quoted from tcv:

I stayed at the Wilderness Lodge. There was an arcade, but no pinball.

Was it still next to the pool?

#41 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Was it still next to the pool?

Ummm... I guess not. As you walk into the lodge, went past the check-in and concierge on your right-side, there a hallway that goes to the right. Down that hallway is the "Mercantile." Through the glass doors and outside is the arcade.

#42 10 years ago

I hope you had a good time.

th-9.jpegth-9.jpeg

#43 10 years ago

Yep. I've been so many times that I don't care so much for the parks anymore. It's just enough to get away from things for a week, do a bunch of walking, etc. We did a Segway tour at Fort Wilderness which was pretty cool. Otherwise, taking the boats to and fro was fun. My brother's family was with us so we did a LOT of the character meals.

#44 10 years ago

none worth playing. I've been there four times and six years and none of the games have ever worked well enough to justify paying for them, especially when you're in freakin disneyworld!!

#45 10 years ago

heading down there this weekend for my daughter's cheerleading competition (good grief....3days for a total of 5 minutes of competion..2.5 per day)....even if the machines I find suck, I may play or beg someone to let me open one up..I can only take the park for so long.....mark

#46 10 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

heading down there this weekend for my daughter's cheerleading competition (good grief....3days for a total of 5 minutes of competion..2.5 per day)....even if the machines I find suck, I may play or beg someone to let me open one up..I can only take the park for so long.....mark

Well, the ones I found were not all okay. Indeed, now that I've watched a video on PAPA about playing Tron, I now know that the arcade shot was mostly borked... couldn't start lightcycle multiball.

So, that's a weak left flipper on POTC at Animal Kingdom Lodge.
    A dead as a doornail Elvis at Contemporary.
    A messed Tron at Contemporary.

That's all I saw. I didn't play POTC at the Contemporary. Maybe it was working.

#47 10 years ago

I kind of feel like the overall Disney quality has declined a little over the past 10 years. It's still pretty top notch, but anyway, I wonder if a person just put in a complaint about a game whether they'd get it shopped. Disney takes customer comments pretty seriously. I remember maybe 8 years ago or so we were there and the fridge was a little flakey when we got there. It was something like 11 pm. They immediately rolled in a new fridge.

#48 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rock914:

I don't ride Space Mountain or Thunder Mountain, Tea Cups, Dumbo etc..

So I have thirty minutes to kill while my kids are on rides, would be nice to have some working pins.

#49 10 years ago

SWE1 is gone from Magic Kingdom but from what I was told, it didn't get much love there likely due to lack of maintenance.

#50 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

I kind of feel like the overall Disney quality has declined a little over the past 10 years. It's still pretty top notch, but anyway, I wonder if a person just put in a complaint about a game whether they'd get it shopped. Disney takes customer comments pretty seriously. I remember maybe 8 years ago or so we were there and the fridge was a little flakey when we got there. It was something like 11 pm. They immediately rolled in a new fridge.

You may be right. I may sound as if I'm dismissing what they've done, but there's no denying that all of these machines in their arcades get a lot of play. That's the nature of it. I can't say, though, whether they have repair staff or these machines are serviced by an outside company and are only called in when there's a critical mass of broken machines.

But, yeah, I should have said something instead of tsk-tsked them.

As far as Disney quality declining? I don't know. I've been so many times over the years that I don't really see much decline. I do, however, see a changing in my own tastes. The Magic Kingdom is FUCKING AWESOME when you're six years old, but as you get older more and more of it appeals less to you. That's why some people go to Disney, hang out at the resort, and play golf. You can do that.

There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-pinball-at-disney-world and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.