(Topic ID: 298961)

Any pinball/arcade game techs in the Albany, NY area?

By SteveO

57 days ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 47 days ago by TimStevens
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 57 days ago

I am moving back to Albany and as my tech skills are poor would like to find a tech. The last guy I used was 75 years old when I moved 11 years ago.

#2 57 days ago

There are several of us in Albany who can help you. It’s about an hour for me but I’m down there at least once a month

#3 57 days ago

Check out https://pinball518.org/ to start. Also plan to attend Pintastic New England; a lot of Capital District NY people will be there.
    .................David Marston

#4 57 days ago

Thanks guys! I applied for a job in the Saratoga/Gansevoort area so I might end up near you.

#5 57 days ago
    Quoted from SteveO:

Thanks guys! I applied for a job in the Saratoga/Gansevoort area so I might end up near you.

Awesome! You can spend lots of time at my arcade to get your pinball fix! I make sure to put the uncommon/unusual games out that most people don’t get to play

#6 57 days ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Awesome! You can spend lots of time at my arcade to get your pinball fix! I make sure to put the uncommon/unusual games out that most people don’t get to play

Thanks! That is a cool collection you have. I know someone here that also has a Granny and the Gators. Definitely a game you don't see often.

#7 57 days ago
    Quoted from SteveO:

I am moving back to Albany and as my tech skills are poor would like to find a tech. The last guy I used was 75 years old when I moved 11 years ago.

Courious who you used before ?

#8 57 days ago

I’ve bought some games around the area and some “techs” in Albany are horrifying hack-jobs. I’d be interested as well

#9 51 days ago
    Quoted from mollyspub:

Courious who you used before ?

I don't remember his name. He was referred to me from a game company in Watervliet. I also had a tech from Greco Brothers in Albany come to my house once but they generally only service games they sell.

#10 47 days ago

Just chiming in to say howdy. Am in the area as well. Hardly a tech but have done a few rebuilds and am getting there. Good luck with the job hunt!

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside