3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by ForceFlow
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2-digit_display (resized).JPG
    #1 3 years ago

Going through my box of alpha-numeric LCD displays and came across a few 2-digit displays, 2 with the nipple on the back and 2 with the nipple on the side. They look like they are NOS.

I asked a buddy and he didn't know. A quick search on the 'net didn't yield any results. Does anyone know of any game (pin or otherwise) that uses a 2-digit display?

See pic attached. Here's the info I have on them:
    2 x 2-digit with nipple on side, with flimsy leads, NEC FIP2A15S Tube No. 1J
    2 x 2-digit with nipple NEC FIP2A13 Tube No. 1L

Joe (joemagiera at ameritech dot net)
    [email protected]

2-digit_display (resized).JPG2-digit_display (resized).JPG
    #2 3 years ago

Perhaps Gottlieb machines like Black Hole?

#3 3 years ago

Early sterns used a weird credit display with smaller 2 digit displays, not sure if they were actually separate like this though...

Quoted from EEE:

Perhaps Gottlieb machines like Black Hole?

Nope, all 4+6 digit

#4 3 years ago

Maybe some of the cocktail table pins?

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

Early sterns used a weird credit display with smaller 2 digit displays, not sure if they were actually separate like this though...

They were 2 separate display glasses on one PCB, but they were very small and very crude looking; not anything like the loose glass displays in the photo.

I've never encountered anything else that wasn't at least 4 digits. I don't think these were for pins.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-pin-use-a-2-digit-display and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.