(Topic ID: 57972)

Any pf restoration guys willing to help save this rare TOM?

By Pinballer22

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC00747.JPG
DSC00748.JPG
DSC00749.JPG
DSC00750.JPG
DSC00630.JPG
DSC00629.JPG
DSC00628.JPG
DSC00627.JPG
#1 10 years ago

Have asked a few top pf restoration guys if they could help me out with saving this rare prototype Theatre of Magic pf but haven't heard back soooo...anyone out there know someone really good that would be able to tackle this?

#2 10 years ago

Never mind on the pictures, I can't figure out how the hell to get the pics posted on this iPad.

#3 10 years ago

Pics

#5 10 years ago

I give up for now....stupid f ing iPad, crap cell phone and crap service. I will have to post them later

#6 10 years ago

Why don't you let us know who you tried to contact? I would recommend Christopher Hutchins from http://www.highendpins.com, but he could just as well be one of those guys you didn't hear back from...

#7 10 years ago

Contacted HEP first and heard back but then haven't heard anything the last couple emails, HSA n moving and backlogged so it would be awhile before they would take it, kruzman....never heard back, and I think that's who I have contacted so far.

#8 10 years ago

Try Neo .

#9 10 years ago

I think Neo is booked pretty solid for a while, as I'm still waiting in line to get a cabinet to him for restoration. I guess it never hurts to ask though....

#10 10 years ago

Yep Everyone that does this sort of work is going to be booked solid because the work is so time consuming . Just need to contact them and get in line .

#11 10 years ago

Installing Java...............

#12 10 years ago

Still not working.........

#13 10 years ago

As a collector of protos, I'm interested in seeing your ToM.

Post some pics when you find a way

#14 10 years ago

I have no trouble upload pics from my iPhone 4S
Ipad 2 and and dad ipad mini which I'm using

#15 10 years ago

In the process of the tail end of a vacation and will post some pics of the pf in the next couple days when I get home.

On a huge plus side HEP is going to take on the pf which I am more than confident he will do some amazing work!

Time for vacation to end and get the pf stripped ASAP!

#16 10 years ago

you never asked me Justin....

Chris

#17 10 years ago

Pics are promised...pf is pulled and will get stripping it tonight

DSC00627.JPGDSC00627.JPG DSC00628.JPGDSC00628.JPG DSC00629.JPGDSC00629.JPG DSC00630.JPGDSC00630.JPG

#18 10 years ago

What's the difference between production and proto I know the pop up ball saver between the flippers

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

What's the difference between production and proto I know the pop up ball saver between the flippers

Still trying to figure them all out but here is what I have found so far:

A lot of plastics are a little different shade of color, the Ring insert was black mylar, the illusion box is one solid color, shoot again insert, etc

Here is the original post from when I found it was a proto

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-this-a-prototype-tom

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

On a huge plus side HEP is going to take on the pf which I am more than confident he will do some amazing

Congrats. HEP is the best in the business at pf restorations.

#21 10 years ago

PF is stripped and shipping off soon....now I have lots of time to clean everything else and decide what do with the wire form and cabinet armor/coin door etc. Keep original or powder/plate????

DSC00750.JPGDSC00750.JPG DSC00749.JPGDSC00749.JPG DSC00748.JPGDSC00748.JPG DSC00747.JPGDSC00747.JPG

#22 10 years ago

I'd suggest sending the wireforms to Mike Chestnut, have them done in brass. Maybe do the Theatre Entrance in brass as well?

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from GaryMartin:

I'd suggest sending the wireforms to Mike Chestnut, have them done in brass. Maybe do the Theatre Entrance in brass as well?

I think this is the plan and maybe a few other things on the pf done in brass plating but the rails, lockdown etc keep original

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 47.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
$ 38.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 130.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Sandy Springs, GA
$ 11.95
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 33.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-pf-restoration-guys-willing-to-help-save-this-rare-tom and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.