Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 743 posts
  • 86 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1822 (resized).jpeg
    306FC10C-9F05-483C-82FA-F781C6FBC71A (resized).png
    3F6B24FC-6ED0-478A-BE4F-E9E36FFDCE66 (resized).png
    3CF0283C-3E16-4570-8280-E8CA73CE7B05 (resized).png
    285 (resized).jpg
    survivor-41-cast-photos-Shantel-Smith.jpg
    survivor-41-cast-photos-Erika-Casupanan.jpg
    survivor-41-cast-photos.jpg
    530A89E7-F45E-4EEA-9F18-EEFA606627FC (resized).jpeg
    B01ADDFB-3373-432D-9DED-E43C03F3F83C (resized).jpeg
    FB_IMG_1581689918532 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1581689955204 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1581689942533 (resized).jpg
    anyone.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lpeters82.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 4 years ago

It's one of the few shows we watch as a family.

Quoted from Whysnow:

what happened?

Basically, a male contestants, Dan, kept touching a female contestant, Kim, after she told him to not to touch her. I didn't view the touching as overtly sexual, but if someone tells you not to touch them...don't touch them. Some of the other contestants seemed to play into this for gameplay, which is where it became a bit more complicated. Some other female contestants were saying they also experienced unwanted touching. It's still unclear to me how much of that was true versus gameplay. Anyway, the producers stepped in telling them that if they had any issues they should report it to them. Then several weeks later Dan was abruptly removed from the game. Allegedly, he touched the thigh of a female producer while getting onto a transport boat.

I'm not sure the producers could have made all fans happy. Some think by openly talking about the issue, it's "to[o] political", others feel like the producers didn't do enough. I've already eluded to my feelings, but I'll repeat them anyway. If someone tells you not to touch them and you continue to touch them, I support anyone stepping in to help end the unwanted touching. I don't understand how that has become a political issue?

Quoted from hool10:

it should have been taken care of immediately

Quoted from timab2000:

Gotten to politicical too.

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from timab2000:

I think they're grooming Boston Rob to take over Jeff Probst spot when he leaves the show.

I could see that, though I do think there are a number of people that don't like him. How about Bear Grylls?

EDIT: Interesting, according to Bear Grylls, he was apparently offered the hosting gig and turned it down.

#47 4 years ago
    Quoted from Vyzer2:

I think Russel Hantz was one of the best that ever played.

I don't know. He was good a finding idols, but I think a major reason he has been "successful" in the game is others know he can't win.

#63 4 years ago

That's awesome man.

#64 4 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Won't he Trade his token for a idol like sandra? Maybe I missed that? Oh well, should be interesting. Can't wait for next week.

That's not how they work. Sandra was able to buy an idol because one was gifted to her from Natalie. Perhaps there will be an opportunity for Amber to send him something in the future, but unless I missed something, he was only gifted her fire token at this point. I like the idea of the fire tokens, I think that could add excitement to the game, but I dislike the whole Edge of Extinction. I prefer the finality of a vote out.

#71 4 years ago

I'm sure the whole experience is pretty miserable, period. You are living outside for +30 days...without pinball.

2 months later
    #118 3 years ago

I thought it was a very solid season.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lpeters82.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-other-survivor-fans-out-there?tu=lpeters82 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.