Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 743 posts
  • 86 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1822 (resized).jpeg
    306FC10C-9F05-483C-82FA-F781C6FBC71A (resized).png
    3F6B24FC-6ED0-478A-BE4F-E9E36FFDCE66 (resized).png
    3CF0283C-3E16-4570-8280-E8CA73CE7B05 (resized).png
    285 (resized).jpg
    survivor-41-cast-photos-Shantel-Smith.jpg
    survivor-41-cast-photos-Erika-Casupanan.jpg
    survivor-41-cast-photos.jpg
    530A89E7-F45E-4EEA-9F18-EEFA606627FC (resized).jpeg
    B01ADDFB-3373-432D-9DED-E43C03F3F83C (resized).jpeg
    FB_IMG_1581689918532 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1581689955204 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1581689942533 (resized).jpg
    anyone.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pdxmonkey.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 4 years ago

I’m a fan

#70 4 years ago

EoE looks miserable, I’m a fan.

1 month later
    #76 4 years ago

So how good is this season?

Last weeks was one of the best, I can’t wait to see who makes it off extinction

#90 4 years ago

Be interesting to see who comes back next week.
    Assuming EoE works the same with one person coming back at merge and another later.

3 months later
    #154 3 years ago

Found an oasis in the drought...
    No spoilers...

Started watching Australian Survivor and it’s pretty good. Started with season 3 and just started season 4. 3 was alittle slow but glad I stuck through it. 4 so far has been much more fast paced.

Each season is longer than US version, 55 days instead of 39 and 25 episodes.

Started watching on YouTube and lately have been watching on a website called dailymotion. Heads up on daily motion search Australian Survivor S03 or S04. I also had an issue adding the space in the search bar unless you add it quick. I also like a user videos named Peter, better video quality.

#157 3 years ago

I’m not 100% sure on this but somehow I think they started on 3. Maybe that’s the reboot? I asked a reddit group and they said S04-S07 are the best though 3 I liked overall though there is some slow parts. Also they recommend South Africa season 6-7 but I going to go through Australian first.

The challenges are great some new some old. Season four is pretty great but if you have time 3 is worth it.

1 week later
    #159 3 years ago

I would start at season 3 then.
    Just finished four, four was pretty good.
    Definitely won’t be a new season here till 2021 at the earliest.

Look who joins a later season.

B01ADDFB-3373-432D-9DED-E43C03F3F83C (resized).jpegB01ADDFB-3373-432D-9DED-E43C03F3F83C (resized).jpeg

#168 3 years ago

Season 5 is Champions v Contenders with some Olympians in there.
    Every season is getting better and better, Jonathan (Australian Jeff) has really found his groove this season and the contestants are entertaining and playing hard.

#170 3 years ago

Yeah haven’t finished five but getting close. Watching two or three a day with the wife

1 week later
    #188 3 years ago

Onto Australian Survivor season 7 (2020). Definitely watch them all before starting 7.
    Seven is All Stars best season yet. I’ve really enjoyed the Aussie seasons. Actual there are some aspects like the challenges I fell are better than the USA version.

Quoted from PinballTilt:

My only complaint so far with the Australian survivor is they need better mic's. There's many times I can't figure out what the contestants are saying at max phone volume

Found it gets better as they go along.

#191 3 years ago

No they definitely get better. The first season (season 3) has some growing pains. While it is weaker of the seasons it is worth watching to meet the contestants and host. As the contestants come back and the backstories help. The mics get better each season, actually everything gets better. By the later seasons it’s really good. Better than some of the US seasons.

I don’t really want to get to into as not to spoil anything. But there are some neat things AU has that they don’t do for US.

Also on dailymotion.com search around for a user you like. Some don’t have commercials and are higher res

2 months later
    #194 3 years ago

Us version still not filming yet.

Australian promises new season to air 2021.

Something is better than nothing

2 weeks later
    #211 3 years ago

I watched them on dailymotion

Multiple users so search around for the best ones. Some have better resolution and some have no commercials.

Every season gets better and better by season 5 they really hit their stride.

#220 3 years ago

5 was good

6 is great too.

I’d definitely watch the Australian ones in order 3-6.

#226 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I liked when Survivor did "Eye of the Tiger" for the Rocky III

The best Rocky by far

2 months later
    #230 3 years ago

Fiji approved filming to restart (US version)

4 months later
    #234 2 years ago

#239 2 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:When's the next season airing? Survivor has been part of all of my adult life. I miss it. Wish they had a season or two in the can before the pandemic.

No date for AU just said 2021.

Fall air date for US.
    I’m alittle worried about the US version this time. Cast doesn’t look great, no theme, and shorter time for the season.

2 weeks later
    #241 2 years ago

Australian Survivor airs tomorrow night (AU time). So T-minus 16.5 hours…

Lmk if anyone finds a good link to watch it.

#242 2 years ago
    530A89E7-F45E-4EEA-9F18-EEFA606627FC (resized).jpeg530A89E7-F45E-4EEA-9F18-EEFA606627FC (resized).jpeg
    #244 2 years ago

I used a Plex server, sorry not much help.
    Pretty good first episode. Another new one tonight too.

#246 2 years ago

No spoilers yet…
    Ripping first three nights a new episode each night. Good job Australia! These challenges are pretty awesome.

#247 2 years ago

Here’s a link

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x82rual

Warning on the intro to this it may spoil a winner or two from previous seasons. So I’d skip ahead like 5min if you haven’t seen all the AU seasons and plan to watch them later.

1 week later
    #250 2 years ago

Loving this season so far

X3 episodes a week is wonderful.

#252 2 years ago

Have those gotten better?
    I tried to watch one a few seasons back and the host, contestants and cinematography wasn’t that great. Only made it a few episodes in.

1 week later
    #253 2 years ago

Loving the Aussie season

1 week later
    #256 2 years ago

Oh man
    The Aussie seasons just get better and better.

3 weeks later
    #259 2 years ago

It’s going to be tough to top Australia.
    It’s been an amazing season and down to top 3 now.

1 week later
    #264 2 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

This is the first season of Survivor where half the contestants are people of color. It will be interesting to see how this affects the tribe dynamics. On Big Brother this summer, an all black alliance formed on day one. We could see something similar happen on Survivor.

Race wars season 13 was pretty diverse and a great season.

#274 2 years ago

Tomorrow

#287 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Survivor has gone woke. After 40 seasons, I just can't watch anymore...couldn't even make it through the premiere. When "guys" is offensive and you have to look hard to find the white straight people, it's not something I can stomach. I appreciate diversity and am all for it, but this is way over the line, IMO.
    And PS - I'm already expecting Amazing Race to piss me off as well...

Welcome to 2021 and behind. Australia last season is mostly white ppl if you prefer that.

#289 2 years ago

But somebody was offended, whether you think it’s offensive is irrelevant.
    That’s the point, Jeff is saying he wants to not offend ppl so he is making that change for him. He’s not saying you have to stop using guys as a non gender specific call out.

#292 2 years ago

I like that losing a challenge now has a penalty. And they have to earn the rice.
    Make sense since it’s a shorter season this time.

Hoping somebody plays the voting dice right.

1 week later
    #294 2 years ago

There’s too much outside influences on the game this season…. Secret idol this, secret advantage that and I don’t really like any of the contestants too much.

#298 2 years ago

My least favorite newer season was the island of idols with Sandra and Rob.

Read that Sandra is going to be on the next Australian Season. Blood vs Water is the theme

#300 2 years ago

Have you seen Australian Survivor?
    That’s right up your alley

#307 2 years ago

Hard to argue with that logic but she really had next to zero chance of making off that island and I think she knew it.
    I wonder who she’ll bring for her blood partner.

#314 2 years ago

What are your favorites?

Season 28 brains v brawn v beauty
    Season 19 Samoa
    Season 33 Millennials v GenX

Lots of good seasons out there
    Australia Survivor is way better

#317 2 years ago

Very cool

3 weeks later
    #331 2 years ago

Australian
    Every season gets better and better.

4 weeks later
    #347 2 years ago

The Australian Survivor is great. Starts alittle slow but each season gets better and Jonathan really steps up as a host too.
    The challenges are so much more brutal along with longer not shorter seasons. Really felt like you got to know the characters. Loved that this last season aired three episodes a week too.

Want to talk more about it but will refrain for the ppl that haven’t seen it yet.

#349 2 years ago
    Quoted from fxdwg:

that, and now you cant even say "come on in guys" because that could alienate someone that doesnt identify as male... wtf??

I was thinking about that the other day… as a society we’re just getting gentler and gentler as a whole. My generation is softer than my fathers and we are both softer than my grandfathers.

1 week later
    #384 2 years ago

Positive note Australian just wrapped shooting their season. Coming Q1 2022

#393 2 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

For those of you that think Xander was robbed, you have to understand that what we see on TV doesn't necessarily reflect reality. At the end of the day, the editors try to craft a season that is as entertaining as possible. In doing so, they often highlight certain players that provide the narrative they want to tell, while downplaying the less "exciting" players. From our point of view, Xander was playing an amazing game, but clearly that wasn't the case. During Danny's exit interview, he was asked why everyone was letting Xander skate by without trying to flush out his idol. Danny basically said that the reason they did this was because nobody was particularly worried about facing him in the end. So it turns out that, Xander was actually the goat, not Heather. When he chose to take Erika to the end, I thought it was a huge mistake, but now that I know how he was perceived by the jury, I don't think it would have mattered. Even if it was Xander, Deshawn and Heather in the final, I still think he would have lost.

His best path to victory would have been giving up the necklace and stepping in the fire challenge to eliminate Erika or Deshawn…

#397 2 years ago
    Quoted from mkecasey:It's interesting that this board is so against this past season. When I get into a show, I dive into podcasts and read articles and spend time on the subreddit. In all of those cases, this season was universally seen as good and entertaining. Nobody claimed it was the best season, that isn't what I'm saying. But I'm seeing a lot of comments on here claiming it is the worst season to date and it feels like that is nowhere near the consensus in all the other outlets that I'm checking out. I found that interesting.

I think it has to do with the average age on Pinside of baby boomers and GenX. That being said, I felt this wasn’t a good season at all. My wife liked it though.

1 month later
    #406 2 years ago

Australian Survivor back next week.

#410 2 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Where are you watching it?

I use a Plex server…sorry that isn’t much help.

However I just tested it. If you have a VPN you can change your IP address to Australia and watch it on their 10play site.

3CF0283C-3E16-4570-8280-E8CA73CE7B05 (resized).png3CF0283C-3E16-4570-8280-E8CA73CE7B05 (resized).png
    #414 2 years ago

Check out Australia Survivor…way better than US imo

#420 2 years ago
    Quoted from fairplay:

My cast assessment for Australian Survivor Blood v Water. And YES, I’m Jonny Fairplay from Survivor…
    YouTube.com/RealityNSFW

What did you think of last US season?

#426 2 years ago

What a great first episode.

Love Australian Survivor, next episode tomorrow.

#431 2 years ago
    Quoted from marioparty34:

I haven't found a contestant that I am drawn to yet, but the scenery is beautiful. It makes me want to go visit

They’ve really been stepping up production every season. There’s a few characters I like so far. I like how you have the blood v water plus just a few returning players, giving it a fans v favorites feel. I think that’ll add an interesting dynamic.
    Edit: this is the survivor I wanted, not the last season of US

#432 2 years ago

Love the schedule too x3 episodes a week.
    Genius.

#437 2 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

How does the 3 episodes per week work? If the challenge is 47 days, does that mean we're checking in with them 3 times a week? How many episodes per season?

Survivor is never live, except sometimes the last episode. Usually the season is already done filming before we even see an episode.

#445 2 years ago

What an opening week for Australia. Solid first three episodes.

#451 2 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

Where are you watching the current season of SurvivorAU?
    I’m currently watching Brawn vs Brains.

I’m watching on Plex, which is a p2p site. If I didn’t have Plex I would use a VPN to change my IP to an Australian one and watch it for free on 10Play.com. VPN is legal and is a good practice to make your data harder to harvest for online activity. Some are free, but the one I like is called Nord VPN. It gives you up to 12 devices for a pretty low yearly fee.

Speaking of awful survivor players…how about Brandon or J’Tia?

#458 2 years ago

Another great week of Australian Survivor.
    I’m surprised more ppl aren’t getting hurt, these challenges have been pretty brutal.

#460 2 years ago

Season 9 episode 6 was last episode to air

#468 2 years ago

Nice link dude!

Btw season 9 has been a banger of season so far. This is everything I’ve wanted to see in survivor, given to me three nights a week!

#473 2 years ago

Just streamed fine for me…
    I used Nord

3F6B24FC-6ED0-478A-BE4F-E9E36FFDCE66 (resized).png3F6B24FC-6ED0-478A-BE4F-E9E36FFDCE66 (resized).png
    4 weeks later
    #487 2 years ago

I like 42 better than 41 at least

#489 2 years ago

Cast is way better… the 25 days still bothers me.
    Australia is good, last episode was a pretty big twist to the game.

1 month later
    #497 1 year ago
    Quoted from loneacer:

That Tribal was rough. I’ve been meaning to post that Jonathan has single handedly made this an enjoyable season for me. Had he been voted off early, it would have been a disastrous season. So I take back my initial view of this season, at least until that tribal last night.

Agree, that dude is not only carrying his tribe in ever challenge, he’s also carrying season.

4 weeks later
    #533 1 year ago

Mary Ann had the best final tribal by far… in the end I think she deserved it.

Australia’s last season was way better…actually all of the latest Aussie ones have been so good.

3 months later
    #538 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bellystyle:

Ben "Coach" Wade from Survivor "Tocantins", "Heros vs Villains" and "South Pacific" is a friend of mine, and a fellow pinhead! He lives in Susanville California and is an actual Coach at the High School. He does own a few pins and really wants a Whitewater, badly. Next time he's over to play some pinball, I'll get a picture with him.

Nice! Nobody has played the game like Coach.

New US season starts next week. Cast looks alittle bland. 25 days again which I don’t like as much.

1 week later
    #551 1 year ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

Getting a bit sick of this trend they seem to be following of only casting super-fans. Also not alot of age diversity this season. And definitely sick of Fiji. Challenges/twists seem to be same as last couple of seasons so far.

Agree with Fiji… they do it because it’s a lot easier to film there. And the 25 days is too short imo.

Really more excited for Australia to start than this one.

1 month later
    #565 1 year ago

I can't wait for the next Australian survivor season!

January

Love that they move the location country ever year.

Announced contests so far
    Shonee
    Nina (Sandra’s daughter)
    George
    Hayley

2 weeks later
    #567 1 year ago

In a lukewarm season last episode was pretty good.

#571 1 year ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Why the hell did Cody give his idol to Jesse? To gain trust from him? What a fuckin dumb ass. Jesse is a back stabbing piece of shit and I don’t care if it’s a game, that move shows his integrity. I’ll do anything for my family. Oh ok. Sure hope that dude does not win.

Most brutal move I’ve seen in awhile. Was pretty smart for Jesse though. Hardest possible road he has to final three is a fire making challenge (unless they throw in a new curveball). We’ll see if it bites him in the end.

#577 1 year ago

If Cody had an idol he would have played it, since he voted for Owen. After Karla played hers too only Cody, Jesse, and Gabler could be voted out…. No way he went home with one.

#588 1 year ago

The end of this season was good, liked it better than last couple seasons anyway. Middle dragged with a lot of safe votes.

Australia coming back next month!

#592 1 year ago
    Quoted from djsolzs:

And Gabler wins - can’t be serious thinking that’s a good ending. Been watching since day 1 ready to hang my hat.

I thought it was great ending. Who would you voted for out of those three?

#595 1 year ago
    Quoted from djsolzs:

He killed it at tribal no doubt - but the wife and I would have chosen either of the other 2. Cass would have been the choice although she got called out on what she thought was her strategy. Honestly we didnt care who won at the end it was that type of season for us.

Im one of the 9 of 10 that will continue even though I thought this season was flat and am saying Im not.
    Australia is just so much better.

Respectfully I disagree that Owen or Cassidy should have won. Owen was just there it felt like he had no real effect on the game the entire time with the exception of winning a few challenges. Cassidy chickened out of the fire challenge and got called out at tribal when she claimed to mastermind Ryan’s vote. Plus it looks like Karla threat of campaigning against her was cashed in. Gabler really did play a great silent game, I think it’s a strategy we haven’t seen pay off often but he almost swept the entire vote. He had an alliance with almost every jury member and no real bad animosity towards him (versus Cassidy).

#603 1 year ago
    Quoted from fxdwg:

I just started watching last seasons australia, but i have a couple of issues... first, Sandra "the Queen" , OMG, i really do not like her and now i have see her again... and dont even get me started with her fake "right mate?" BS... Grrrr.... but the speed of the show seems so much slower than the USA version. At tribal the "Probst" dude asks a question and it seems it take forever for an answer, and then drama music, before he asks another question... anyone else notice this?

No, Australia is awesome.

#607 1 year ago
    Quoted from fxdwg:

can you elaborate why you feel that way? specific examples? i know the challenges seem to be better. but other than that, i dont see much else.

Challengers are better, contest is longer 55 days versus US is now 26 days, auction, more episodes in a season, rewards are better towards the end.

The season you started on maybe not the best because they recap a lot of previous seasons.

#612 1 year ago

Russel Hantz was also in one season.

1 month later
    #619 1 year ago
    Quoted from rai:

How are you watching it?

I watched on 10play.com with a VPN set to Australia

#621 1 year ago

#622 1 year ago

I forgot three episodes a week

Here’s 2

#624 1 year ago

Starting off good.

#626 1 year ago

Third episode was great, first two were good but three really shines.

1 week later
    #628 1 year ago

Just saw episode 7… loving this season.

#630 1 year ago

What an awesome tribal council! Top 5 of all time.

Great season… what do you think those disks are?

1 week later
    #631 1 year ago

USA Survivor starts this week and it’s hard to get that excited for it. Meanwhile this season of Australian Survivor really reminds me of why I fell in love with this show, hope they can keep up the pace post merge.

#637 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

i still havent found a good episode 12 to watch. pdx sent me one, but the audio and video is so poor its unwatchable. Nothing on pdx, just the mirror is a bad one

Vpn bud… then you can watch it on 10play
    Merge was great episode

#650 1 year ago
    Quoted from frolic:

Ok, first episode thoughts:
    I've seen every episode of US survivor since episode 1 season 1. I now watch it with my teens, 14 + 18. They've been watching with me since Game Changers, or around there. It's a designated family viewing night, which is special. So Survivor is more than just about the season itself, it's a shared family experience. There's not many shows like that, and have a legacy like that.
    For the show itself:
    Casting: too early to tell much, but appreciate that drug counselor lady who seems kind of nuts. That's some good wildcard casting.
    I appreciated the immediate challenge as they set foot on the beach. Nothing as brutal as that one season many years ago where they did an immediate tribal vote and some poor middle aged woman was sent home 5 minutes in.
    Bruce's thunk to the head was painful. Could clearly hear it. I knew there was no way he could stick around without being checked out in a hospital. I'm surprised they let him stay until night.
    The cage in the woods was cool and spooky. Hopefully one of the other tribes will open it without everyone being there and we can see the fake bracelet get used.
    Not sure what to make of the multiple shot in the darks being used. That one lady seemed to play it for no reason other than straight paranoia. I don't see her doing well in the game.
    We were entertained by the episode.

Are you watching the current season of Australia?

#654 1 year ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Is it streaming anywhere? I'm tired of this survivor, would like to try aus. Thx

https://m.youtube.com/@Macy76/videos

Marioparty might be able to help you with a nicer quality video.

I watch on 10play but you need a VPN to watch there.

3 weeks later
    #655 1 year ago

What a great season Australia.

#657 1 year ago

The best seasons for me are when I change who I root for during the final few episodes and that person wins. And in this case, that happened. I am pretty happy with it. Bring on the next season!

My favorite seasons are where they can put in twists that balance between unexpected and not too radical or abundant. This season really did that well.

Edit
    Spoilers in next post…skip if you haven’t seen yet.

1 week later
    #663 1 year ago
    Quoted from rai:

my BIL just gave me a VPN access but when I go to sign up for 10Play Australia it says for me to disable my VPN before signing up.
    Is there any way around this?

His VPN isn’t a great one…

306FC10C-9F05-483C-82FA-F781C6FBC71A (resized).png306FC10C-9F05-483C-82FA-F781C6FBC71A (resized).png
    #665 1 year ago
    Quoted from adol75:

I use (and recommend) Nord VPN, just wait for one of their deals including when you want to renew and it usually cost me 20$ a year.
    I don't know what they do differently than the others I tried but I never get a you're on a VPN message or a wrong country message.

Nord is great, you get 12 devices for the same price.

5 months later
    #687 6 months ago
    Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Alone has ruined watching survivor for me, just binge watched the last season A+ again. Great show.

I really like Alone… started watching the UK version. It’s pretty good too they pick much more average ppl.

1 month later
    #690 5 months ago

Liking this season so far…
    Not greatest hits by any means but way better than last few

#697 5 months ago

I liked the money twist… that was really cool.
    Vote twist was okay.
    Advantage twist I didn’t like.

Overall Australia runs a better auction house imo.

2 months later
    #701 86 days ago

First episode of Survivor Australia is live

1 week later
    #713 77 days ago
    Quoted from rai:

I can't understand why it's so hard to see AU survivor in the USA, I tried a VPN with 10Play and it says I can't watch with a VPN.

How good is your vpn? is it a free one? Those can be garbage.
    Nord works 100% but it’s like $40 for a year.

Just finished episode six.
    This season is fantastic so far.

#722 75 days ago
    Quoted from Flipsteen:

and ranks up there for most annoying amongst all survivors in all seasons.

Definitely want to sit next to her at final tribal though

3 weeks later
    #726 51 days ago

This Australia season is fantastic
    So many dangerous players

#729 49 days ago

US challenges have zero physical confrontations against other players which makes it duller

Seasons are also too short

Not enough hot people, just social media clowns

Also Jonathan is a better interviewer than Jeff now

Australia has solved all of USA problems, I’m loving this season…

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pdxmonkey.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-other-survivor-fans-out-there?tu=Pdxmonkey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.