(Topic ID: 261854)

Any other Survivor fans out there?

By gweempose

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1822 (resized).jpeg
    306FC10C-9F05-483C-82FA-F781C6FBC71A (resized).png
    3F6B24FC-6ED0-478A-BE4F-E9E36FFDCE66 (resized).png
    3CF0283C-3E16-4570-8280-E8CA73CE7B05 (resized).png
    285 (resized).jpg
    survivor-41-cast-photos-Shantel-Smith.jpg
    survivor-41-cast-photos-Erika-Casupanan.jpg
    survivor-41-cast-photos.jpg
    530A89E7-F45E-4EEA-9F18-EEFA606627FC (resized).jpeg
    B01ADDFB-3373-432D-9DED-E43C03F3F83C (resized).jpeg
    FB_IMG_1581689918532 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1581689955204 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1581689942533 (resized).jpg
    anyone.gif
    There are 741 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 15.
    #101 3 years ago

It was definitely a Tony episode last night. Good editing as it didn't look like Jeremy was believing him. Sure would have blown up Nick and tonys game if he voted for Ben.

#102 3 years ago

Tony was always a hard player to like but this season he’s playing real good.

I have to suspect a jury of all past winners won’t get too bent out of shape about being blindsided because they all know the game.

Can Tony last though?

#103 3 years ago
    Quoted from Eightball88:

Yeah Tony really handled that extortion deal well..... Wins immunity AND orchestrates a last minute blindside to boot! He is impressive this season, I like him more now than I did in past seasons he appeared. Not sure he is lining up his jury votes, though....

This was probably the most dominant single episode performance we have ever seen on the show. First, Tony finds an immunity idol. Then, he has the misfortune of having the extortion (dis)advantage played against him. With his back up against the wall, he somehow manages to convince Jeremy, Nick and Ben to give him three fire tokens so he can compete in the challenge and won't lose his vote. He then goes on to win the challenge, and uses that safety as leverage to save Jeremy and organize a massive blindside against Sophie who has an idol in her pocket.

You gotta love it! I'm just so glad Tony stuck around long enough to pull something like this off.

#104 3 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

This was probably the most dominant single episode performance we have ever seen on the show. First, Tony finds an immunity idol. Then, he has the misfortune of having the extortion (dis)advantage played against him. With his back up against the wall, he somehow manages to convince Jeremy, Nick and Ben to give him three fire tokens so he can compete in the challenge and won't lose his vote. He then goes on to win the challenge, and uses that safety as leverage to save Jeremy and organize a massive blindside against Sophie who has an idol in her pocket.
    You gotta love it! I'm just so glad Tony stuck around long enough to pull something like this off.

great commentary.

Boston Rob's winning season was very dominant and sealed the deal of his legacy. If Tony can make it to the end he would be a rightful owner of a winner amongst winners.

2 weeks later
    #105 3 years ago

Spoiler alert

Just want to say partway through the finale that I'm done with this show if Natalie wins. DONE. It was dumb and a disappointment when Chris win after coming back, if she wins - what's the point it's not even a game if they give a player making nice to the jury so many chances to stay safe after coming back.

PS, how could you think she wouldn't have an idol Sarah. She bought three advantages and clearly had coins

#106 3 years ago

I am watching the show live and have it on pause so I can type this comment. If I hang out long enough I can skip the next few commercials.

#107 3 years ago

What an amazing game by Tony. Won immunity when he needed to, never had his name written down, completely changed how he played the game from previous seasons. I for one did not see his win coming at the beginning of this season. Kudos to him. How are they going to top this.

Jeff has said in interviews that they'll likely expand on fire tokens in upcoming seasons, so I hope y'all liked them. Rumor is they may hide tokens instead of idols and then I'm guessing you can buy an idol with enough tokens. I would be for that, mix up the game a little bit.

#108 3 years ago

Tony was the clear dominant player and best choice for winner. Glad to see such a dominant performance for this winners' season.

Natalie did great on extinction but I agree that would have been a travesty for her to win.

#109 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinballTilt:

I would be for that, mix up the game a little bit.

They've done an amazing job evolving the game over the years.

I can say I've seen every episode since the beginning and I'm amazed how the show continues to entertain.

#110 3 years ago

It's my total guilty pleasure. I've yet to come across someone in real life that actually says they like survivor.

My only regret is not placing a sizeable bet on Tony to win months ago. It was clear at the Tony episode he was going to win. Like frolic, I've seen every episode and generally know who is going to win by editing. I said to my wife I bet you a hundred bucks Michelle doesn't get a vote. She didn't take me up on it but saw that one coming a mile away. Hopes the show keeps going and long live survivor!

#111 3 years ago

That was definitely the best season I’ve seen for a while. All three of the finalists really deserved to be there, but Tony played the best game. Congrats Tony!

#112 3 years ago

Wow! That fire making challenge was intense! I'm just glad that Tony won. He played an amazing game from start to finish. I hope they never do a season with Edge again.

#113 3 years ago

Great season and well deserved win for Tony. If Sarah beat him in fire, (and she was damn close) would she have won? I would like to think so.

#114 3 years ago
    Quoted from sirisles:

Michele Fitzgerald all the way!
    Enjoy the show!

This post had me terrified all the way up til the last minute it was a spoiler! Thank god!

#115 3 years ago

I haven’t watched the episode yet, but I followed the posts here, bc if Natalie won, I wasn’t going to waste 2 hours of my time watching it. The appeal of Survivor for me has always been that delicate balance where you have to figure out how to backstab people but keep them respecting you. Putting someone back in the game at such a late stage who hasn’t had to do as much, if any, dirty work just dilutes the impact of the hard decisions the players have made along the way. It’s also not fair to the final people voted out—if anything, they should just have it get down to two players and then have ALL the eliminated players have a chance to be the third finalist. Don’t bother mixing in the returnee after all in to the game.

#116 3 years ago

Congrats to Tony he was amazing. To win the way he did.

I've watched every season, see my post #12. I agree I don't like how someone can come off the island and win. That one season was a disappointment.

Natalie did make it interesting though.

#117 3 years ago

I feel bad for Amber that she doesn’t think of her self as an actual winner of survivor. That people only voted for her because they hated her less than they hated Rob.

That is Survivor. You have to have people like you more than the other finalists. That’s why Russell Hantz could never win. So she is a deserving winner.

That does seem to be a thought with many of the winners though. That they’re not deserving. But a win is a win.

#118 3 years ago

I thought it was a very solid season.

#119 3 years ago

No flies on Nathalie, who played a bad hand very well. The only thing I can think of that she could have done differently is beat Tony making fire. Even then, it would have been hard to justify her winning it all when she was on Exile for almost the entire season.

The fact that nobody wrote Tony’s name down is remarkable given how hard he played. Kudos on a masterful performance and a well-deserved win!

#120 3 years ago
    Quoted from DaWezl:

I haven’t watched the episode yet, but I followed the posts here, bc if Natalie won, I wasn’t going to waste 2 hours of my time

Natalie was an exceptionally strong physical player who dominated on Extinction. She played as strong as Tony given the hand she was dealt early on. She influenced the remaining players more than any other exiled player.

I agree her only chance to win was to put herself in the fire challenge against Tony. But hindsight is 20/20.

Both Natalie and Tony were solid players deserving to win.

Sarah was lucky that she wasn't voted off after her bonehead move convincing Tony that Natalie didn't have an idol. That foolish move flushed out all the idols killing their advantage.

#121 3 years ago
    Quoted from RTS:

Sarah was lucky that she wasn't voted off after her bonehead move convincing Tony that Natalie didn't have an idol. That foolish move flushed out all the idols killing their advantage.

Sarah played a fantastic game up until the final episode where she committed two huge blunders. The first, as you mentioned, was insisting to Tony that Natalie didn't have an idol. This was completely illogical. At the very least you have to assume that Natalie will came back into the game with half an idol like Chris Underwood. If Sarah and Ben listened to Tony and they put two votes on Denise, neither Ben nor Tony would have had to play their idols and Natalie would have been screwed.

The second mistake was voting out Ben. I simply don't understand what she was thinking. I've tried to analyze this move every way I can, and I simply can't come up with an argument as to why it made any sense. If she votes out Michelle, then she is practically guaranteed to make it to the final three no matter who wins the final immunity. In retrospect, she essentially voted herself out of the game.

#122 3 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

The second mistake was voting out Ben. I simply don't understand what she was thinking. I've tried to analyze this move every way I can, and I simply can't come up with an argument as to why it made any sense. If she votes out Michelle, then she is practically guaranteed to make it to the final three

Getting rid of Ben made sense because Michelle had no chance of beating anybody in the end, so keep her. Especially once Ben told her it was okay to vote him out.

Personally, i don't understand Ben's sacrificial decision telling Sarah it"s okay to vote him. I don't think she would've done it otherwise.

#123 3 years ago

Great finale!
    Would have loved the 2 girls to do fire to stay going into final 4.
    Was also bummed for quick ending.
    Probst should have had at least 15 min zoom with all players.
    It ended quickly. 3 hour finale was almost rushed at end. Should have been dragged out 1 more week with 2/ 2 hour episodes.

#124 3 years ago
    Quoted from RTS:

Personally, i don't understand Ben's sacrificial decision telling Sarah it"s okay to vote him. I don't think she would've done it otherwise.

That was so odd, for someone to give up at the end of the game, but you never know what was left out of the editing. What we didn't see.

#125 3 years ago
    Quoted from RTS:

Getting rid of Ben made sense because Michelle had no chance of beating anybody in the end, so keep her. Especially once Ben told her it was okay to vote him out.

I think Ben was even more unlikely to get any votes at the end than Michelle. He was the ultimate goat.

#126 3 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I think Ben was even more unlikely to get any votes at the end than Michelle. He was the ultimate goat.

Yeah he didn’t really make any huge moves. He just went with Sarah and Tony most of the time. Even Sarah realized she needed to do something to boost her resume.

#127 3 years ago
    Quoted from GrandFireball1:

Yeah he didn’t really make any huge moves. He just went with Sarah and Tony most of the time. Even Sarah realized she needed to do something to boost her resume.

Sarah gave a good "I am woman hear me roar" speech before making the final Q &A. And gloated a bit to Tony before losing to him in the fire challenge.

I liked Tony and Natalie better.

#128 3 years ago

I was disappointed in Sarah who just threw Tony and Ben under the bus for what (?) to show that girls/women are mistreated in Survivor? I don't see that, but I am not even sure where it came from left field. Maybe I missed something but Sarah was saying that Nat came back from edge or so and then all the sudden she's crying because women aren't allowed to play a strong game or they are looked down on and then she's crying and all the guys are there and have to say they love girls and women *are discriminated against by society and by Survivor and even Jeff is apologizing for not calling women by their last name (?) what the heck?

To me officer Sarah was just putting on an act to try to win points with the jury as if she beat out Tony in fire making and she voted off Ben then that's a big feather in her cap. When all Ben has done is stay true and he said she could vote himself off (why did he say that?? Ben never was disrespectful to Sarah or put her down but then she's all boo hoo and he lets her vote him off??)

I don't understand what happened regarding Sarah, Ben, Tony where Sarah can just throw Ben under the bus? But lucky Tony beat her in fire, if he had lost that fire likely all the jury would vote for Sarah because she was discriminated against?

#129 3 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

I was disappointed in Sarah who just threw Tony and Ben under the bus for what (?) to show that girls/women are mistreated in Survivor? I don't see that, but I am not even sure where it came from left field. Maybe I missed something but Sarah was saying that Nat came back from edge or so and then all the sudden she's crying because women aren't allowed to play a strong game or they are looked down on and then she's crying and all the guys are there and have to say they love girls and women *are discriminated against by society and by Survivor and even Jeff is apologizing for not calling women by their last name (?) what the heck?
    To me officer Sarah was just putting on an act to try to win points with the jury as if she beat out Tony in fire making and she voted off Ben then that's a big feather in her cap. When all Ben has done is stay true and he said she could vote himself off (why did he say that?? Ben never was disrespectful to Sarah or put her down but then she's all boo hoo and he lets her vote him off??)
    I don't understand what happened regarding Sarah, Ben, Tony where Sarah can just throw Ben under the bus? But lucky Tony beat her in fire, if he had lost that fire likely all the jury would vote for Sarah because she was discriminated against?

You should read all their interviews that they gave after the finale. Sarah really believed Natalie that the jury was leaning towards tony and she was mad because as she saw it they were equals. In her mind, the only reason she wasn't getting the credit was due to gender bias

Ben told her to vote him out because he realized he had no shot of winning and didn't wanted to be crucified at the final tribal. He also wanted to be able to go home with his head held high. Again, all their words not mine. Natalie actually said in her interview she thought she would have beat Sarah though to win. That's a joke. I'm surprised she got any votes personally

#130 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinballTilt:

You should read all their interviews that they gave after the finale. Sarah really believed Natalie that the jury was leaning towards tony and she was mad because as she saw it they were equals. In her mind, the only reason she wasn't getting the credit was due to gender bias
    Ben told her to vote him out because he realized he had no shot of winning and didn't wanted to be crucified at the final tribal. He also wanted to be able to go home with his head held high. Again, all their words not mine. Natalie actually said in her interview she thought she would have beat Sarah though to win. That's a joke. I'm surprised she got any votes personally

thanks, tho if I was Ben I'd have wanted to go to the final 4 and a chance to win the immunity. I just can not see anyone saying it's OK to vote me off, he had nothing to be afraid of so not sure why. But anyway Tony's hand were clean he didn't backstab anyone, only voted Denise when he was forced to pick between Denise or Sarah. Tony didn't vote Ben or Sarah out. He was the cleanest pick I've seen.

#131 3 years ago

Cant believe there is no Survivor in the can.
    Could be Dec-Feb before we see another season.
    Waiting for Amazing Race to Start. They only have the one season in the can too.

#132 3 years ago

Loved the spy nest!!

#133 3 years ago

Spy nest multiball

#134 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Waiting for Amazing Race to Start. They only have the one season in the can too.

Survivor is on the schedule for the 41st season this fall. Jeff and CBS both said it recently. I don't know how they'll get it edited in time, that's crazy

#135 3 years ago

Amazing Race was supposed to follow Survivor but they bumped it because they're going to run out of shows for the Fall.

I did read an interview with Probst, that Survivor has a crew of 400, so doing the show right now is impossible. If they don't already have one filmed, it may be a while.

#136 3 years ago

I have survivor Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and Amazing Race Canada, Australia, China. All multiple seasons to watch.
    You may be able to find them on YouTube and such.

#137 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinballTilt:

Survivor is on the schedule for the 41st season this fall. Jeff and CBS both said it recently. I don't know how they'll get it edited in time, that's crazy

Probst said they will try and film in Oct if they can pull that off. If they do, i guess a 3-4 week lag to edit, could have survivor by Nov.

#138 3 years ago

They need to bring back the food auctions....

#139 3 years ago

Sandra saying , I cant win challenges and no way I will get to go back in the game, I am outta here. She left to hangout on the ponderosa alone with all the amenities...lol

No rice...smart....

#140 3 years ago

Probst said they will try and film in Oct if they can pull that off. If they do, i guess a 3-4 week lag to edit, could have survivor by Nov.

Most are on Hulu and CBS all access

#141 3 years ago

YouTube had a long extra piece on the ponderosa with all the players. they showed all the wight they lost . eating everything in site etc etc...

#142 3 years ago

I still wish they took Russell Hands even if he never won. He makes the game awesome to watch !

#143 3 years ago
    Quoted from adol75:

I still wish they took Russell Hands even if he never won. He makes the game awesome to watch !

I wonder what happened to the very first winner....all I remember he was convicted of tax fraud....

#144 3 years ago

Richard Hatch...hes still around. According to this page he was supposed to be on this past season....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Hatch_(Survivor_contestant)

#145 3 years ago
    Quoted from nascarrey:

Richard Hatch...hes still around. According to this page he was supposed to be on this past season....

Ahhh...yes....with rudy the bad ass vet. He just died recently....wow...2008....and still going.

Served 9 months...uncle sam got him.

#146 3 years ago
    Quoted from nascarrey:

I do agree with Probst that if he came back at this time the show would have to defend why a naked man who pressed his penis against a female player has been invited back, especially in light of what all happened on the previous season.

Hatch will always be the original winner, but I agree the show has moved on.

#147 3 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

I do agree with Probst that if he came back at this time the show would have to defend why a naked man who pressed his penis against a female player has been invited back, especially in light of what all happened on the previous season.

He absolutely would have been on season 40 if it wasn't for all the controversy surrounding season 39. It just goes to show how different of an era it was back then that they even allowed a contestant to play in the challenge naked.

#148 3 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

It just goes to show how different of an era it was back then that they even allowed a contestant to play in the challenge naked.

I agree aboot season 39, but Naked & Afraid seems to be getting away with it. Much smaller scale of course.

#149 3 years ago

Played pinball right before the shutdown with Johnny FairPlay at my local brewery - that’s where I have 4 pins on location. He keeps insisting I get a stern WWE

He lives here in Danville. He loves to play pinball

#150 3 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

Played pinball right before the shutdown with Johnny FairPlay at my local brewery - that’s where I have 4 pins on location. He keeps insisting I get a stern WWE

right on!

There are 741 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-other-survivor-fans-out-there/page/3?hl=adol75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.