(Topic ID: 261854)

Any other Survivor fans out there?

By gweempose

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1822 (resized).jpeg
    306FC10C-9F05-483C-82FA-F781C6FBC71A (resized).png
    3F6B24FC-6ED0-478A-BE4F-E9E36FFDCE66 (resized).png
    3CF0283C-3E16-4570-8280-E8CA73CE7B05 (resized).png
    285 (resized).jpg
    survivor-41-cast-photos-Shantel-Smith.jpg
    survivor-41-cast-photos-Erika-Casupanan.jpg
    survivor-41-cast-photos.jpg
    530A89E7-F45E-4EEA-9F18-EEFA606627FC (resized).jpeg
    B01ADDFB-3373-432D-9DED-E43C03F3F83C (resized).jpeg
    FB_IMG_1581689918532 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1581689955204 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1581689942533 (resized).jpg
    anyone.gif
    There are 741 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 15.
    #51 4 years ago

I've watched every season, but as others have said there are a few I can't even remember. I kept saying right from the opening, until the 2nd person was voted off last night, "Vote Sandra out you idiots. It should be 9-0." SMH.

#52 4 years ago

Adam Klein is a good buddy of mine from a project called the ThirstLounge we did over the last year. I've also played poker w/ Boston Rob & Tyson a few times so this will be a REALLY fun season to sweat

#53 4 years ago

My guilty pleasure. Seen every season. I don't remember half the winners but like anytime returning players are involved.

How long till we can talk about last week's episodes? It's rare I run into survivor fans and always nice to chat about the show

#54 4 years ago
    Quoted from AntennaMan:

I've watched every season, but as others have said there are a few I can't even remember. I kept saying right from the opening, until the 2nd person was voted off last night, "Vote Sandra out you idiots. It should be 9-0." SMH.

Man I was saying the sane thing to my wife. Why isn't it a unanimous Sandra vote? Morons.

#55 4 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

How long till we can talk about last week's episodes?

Go for it! There is no need to wait.

#56 4 years ago

I like the idea of redemption island and the token idea. It's funny that both Boston Rob and Sandra now have idols.

#57 4 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I like the idea of redemption island and the token idea. It's funny that both Boston Rob and Sandra now have idols.

Rob doesn't have an idol. Only Sandra. Rob has two fire tokens, though.

#58 4 years ago

Won't he Trade his token for a idol like sandra? Maybe I missed that? Oh well, should be interesting. Can't wait for next week.

#59 4 years ago

I absolutely hate this show and I've never missed an episode.

#60 4 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Any other Survivor fans out there?

anyone.gifanyone.gif

#61 4 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

Adam Klein is a good buddy of mine from a project called the ThirstLounge we did over the last year. I've also played poker w/ Boston Rob & Tyson a few times so this will be a REALLY fun season to sweat

That’s awesome! 3 people that would be a ton of fun to talk to!

#62 4 years ago

My wife and I are huge fans of Survivor. We were lucky enough to be part of the dream team on Heroes vs Villains (season 20 -Samoa) which meant we got to test out the challenges before the contestants and offer suggestions for improvement. Jeff is really cool and when our camera got stolen, he gave us his personal camera to use. He even personally drove us around the island and gave us super fans huge insight into the show.

I would like to think I am the only person to have voted out Jeff and he was not happy. lol

FB_IMG_1581689918532 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1581689918532 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1581689942533 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1581689942533 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1581689955204 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1581689955204 (resized).jpg
    #63 4 years ago

That's awesome man.

#64 4 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Won't he Trade his token for a idol like sandra? Maybe I missed that? Oh well, should be interesting. Can't wait for next week.

That's not how they work. Sandra was able to buy an idol because one was gifted to her from Natalie. Perhaps there will be an opportunity for Amber to send him something in the future, but unless I missed something, he was only gifted her fire token at this point. I like the idea of the fire tokens, I think that could add excitement to the game, but I dislike the whole Edge of Extinction. I prefer the finality of a vote out.

#65 4 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

That's not how they work. Sandra was able to buy an idol because one was gifted to her from Natalie. Perhaps there will be an opportunity for Amber to send him something in the future, but unless I missed something, he was only gifted her fire token at this point. I like the idea of the fire tokens, I think that could add excitement to the game, but I dislike the whole Edge of Extinction. I prefer the finality of a vote out.

Yeah I missed that. Must have zoned out. I like a final vote also but with all stars, the edge of extinction keeps interesting people in the game. I bet they figured Rob and Sandra would be targeted first and didn't want them off the show in the first couple of episodes.

#66 4 years ago

They had that one song, but honestly, how many times can you listen to "Eye of the Tiger".....

#67 4 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

I’d have to say probably 99% of people don’t like EoE. I think they brought it back because some players they brought back this season thought If they came back they’d be voted off immediately and wanted assurance they’d get another chance. Jeff said in an interview with Rob C that they won’t do EoE again for several seasons if not ever again so that’s promising. I don’t like it either.

#68 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

They had that one song, but honestly, how many times can you listen to "Eye of the Tiger".....

The singer also did those "real men of genius" beer commercials. Who can forget those?

#69 4 years ago
    Quoted from AndHart120:

I’d have to say probably 99% of people don’t like EoE. I think they brought it back because some players they brought back this season thought If they came back they’d be voted off immediately and wanted assurance they’d get another chance. Jeff said in an interview with Rob C that they won’t do EoE again for several seasons if not ever again so that’s promising. I don’t like it either.

I hated EoE the first time, and I'm not a big fan of it this time either. That being said, I think the key to fully enjoying this season is to embrace both EoE and the fire tokens. This is clearly a very different game of Survivor than what has been played in the past. When your torch get snuffed at tribal, you're not really voted out in the traditional sense. It just means that you have moved into a parallel, but still very important side game. It's clear from the power of the fire tokens that they are going to play a HUGE part in the game's final outcome.

#70 4 years ago

EoE looks miserable, I’m a fan.

#71 4 years ago

I'm sure the whole experience is pretty miserable, period. You are living outside for +30 days...without pinball.

#72 4 years ago

EoE is good for these all stars so we can still see our favorites if they get voted off early.

#73 4 years ago

Love the show, I caught on a little late and watched maybe the last 15 seasons. I'm with everyone else though that's it's gotten exhausting lately with all the real life drama messing up the show. I also think the advantages and twists have gotten out of hand. If something's not broke, quit trying to fix it!

Favorite player at least lately has been Rick Devins, he deserved to win that season, not the guy who befriended the jury on an island he couldn't be voted out from

#74 4 years ago

Big fan here and even though I have watched every episode since day one I do not remember some of these contestants. They need to vote Sandra, Rob and Parvati off as soon as possible. Their game play is too superior.

I think the show codgers the players too much anymore. The best seasons were the early ones where they were literally starving. The memory of Gervase eating his first rat was priceless. Lately it seems like some players actually gain weight over the course of the show. I know that is not accurate but seems that way.

Way too many creature comforts nowadays as well. Pillows, hammocks, tarps, rocking chairs and whatnot. I want to see these people suffer a little more.

#75 4 years ago

Just joined this thread. I can say I've seen every episode of Survivor.

My kids have started watching it the last few years and now it is our big family show.

I even had Boston Rob record a video for my kids:

https://www.cameo.com/v/tbxk0wf3Uh

1 month later
    #76 4 years ago

So how good is this season?

Last weeks was one of the best, I can’t wait to see who makes it off extinction

#77 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Loving the season so far! That was a baller move by Denise, although it can be argued that she wasted the second idol. I don't know what Sandra was thinking.

#78 4 years ago

I think this is a good season. The Extinction Island is a great tool to keep the big names on TV.

Quoted from gweempose:

I don't know what Sandra was thinking.

Considering you have to give away your fire tokens when you get voted out, yeah she should have been more aggressive with the deal making.

Although I find Sandra to be overrated. She only won the second time because everyone hated Russel Hantz, and her strategies have always been to vote with the group. She is not a mastermind player.

#79 4 years ago

Yeah I'm in and its like old times, great stuff.

#80 4 years ago

I think this season is shaping up nicely. Having every contestant be a former winner sort of levels the playing field. Glad to see last week go down the way it did. Really, just happy the show is still on. I keep looking at the eyes of the immunity idol (the one that is the skull) and wondering if they are actually two fire tokens?

#81 4 years ago
    Quoted from Silverballer:

I keep looking at the eyes of the immunity idol (the one that is the skull) and wondering if they are actually two fire tokens?

I've had the same thought. Will we see a player pry them out?

#82 4 years ago

You guys want to place some bets on who will be in top 3/win? I'm sure I can find some odds online.

Hopefully whoever returns from redemption at least has a idol. Tyson buying PB last week was priceless

#83 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I can not figure out why Sandra would give away her immunity?

#84 4 years ago

I also started to watch Survivor Heroes vs Villains at the same time, good to see the likes of Rob, Tyson, Sandra in their more prime.

#85 4 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

I can not figure out why Sandra would give away her immunity?

Yeah me too. This is not the kind of mistake I would expect from her. I thought it was pretty lame of her to raise the flag and quit, even if she does suck at challenges.

#86 4 years ago

When the going gets tough... Sandra goes home.

#87 4 years ago

"I'm leaving the queen, and I'll always be the queen."
    Uh, whatever quitter.

#88 4 years ago

Bye Sandra- I always felt she was over-rated anyway.

#89 4 years ago

I was bummed to see Yul get voted off. I thought he was actually in a good position, but things sure do change fast. Now all of the old schoolers are gone. When you think about it, they really had quite a disadvantage. For starters, many of them had played multiple times and were very high profile players. Because of this, people like Boston Rob, Parvati, Tyson, etc. came into the game with huge targets on their backs. On top of this, the old schoolers were also outnumbered from the get go.

#90 4 years ago

Be interesting to see who comes back next week.
    Assuming EoE works the same with one person coming back at merge and another later.

#91 4 years ago

I've seen some theories that Michelle and Wendell are actually in cahoots. That would be quite diabolical of them.

#92 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Be interesting to see who comes back next week.
    Assuming EoE works the same with one person coming back at merge and another later.

I'd love for it to be Ethan who comes back, but I have a feeling it will be Tyson or Rob. Originally I thought it would be Natalie, but she barely received any screen time this week. Regardless, I think whoever comes back will immediately get voted right back out. The new schoolers seem pretty determined this season to stick together and prove that they are better at the game.

#93 4 years ago

Wendell is a class a douche. Wow does he think he's great and Michelle is so totally into him. Constantly calls him babe.

Sandra quitting was weak sauce. She never wanted to do hard work or challenges for that matter. I think she's so overrated and shouldn't have won even one time. Glad to see her gone.

#94 4 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Wendell is a class a douche.

It's really weird, because I liked Wendell a lot his first season. He probably got a very generous edit because they wanted the audience to like the winner.

#95 4 years ago

Good show. Glad Sandra quit. Difficult to pick a winner at this point in the season. Bummed that next season is delayed 2 months (so far) but enjoying this one very much.

#96 4 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Wendell is a class a douche. Wow does he think he's great and Michelle is so totally into him. Constantly calls him babe.
    Sandra quitting was weak sauce. She never wanted to do hard work or challenges for that matter. I think she's so overrated and shouldn't have won even one time. Glad to see her gone.

Agree also think it's lame that she was able to sit out most of the challenges when in past would not be able to sit out back to back challenges.

#97 4 years ago

I just started to rewatch season 4 which is first Rob and see how much has changes, that season they didn't give any food or much provisions just a pot and 2 machetes, two water cans and a magnifying glass.

Between then and now it's almost like Club Med the way they are given stuff now.

#98 4 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

I just started to rewatch season 4 which is first Rob and see how much has changes, that season they didn't give any food or much provisions just a pot and 2 machetes, two water cans and a magnifying glass.
    Between then and now it's almost like Club Med the way they are given stuff now.

I remember Season 3, Africa, they were digging into a mud pit to try and catch some water seeping into it to drink.

And the first All-Stars season (Season 8 ) had a lot of the returnees breaking down from the hardship.

#99 4 years ago

Good episode tonight. Should get interesting going forward.

3 weeks later
    #100 3 years ago

Spoiler alert !

Yeah Tony really handled that extortion deal well..... Wins immunity AND orchestrates a last minute blindside to boot! He is impressive this season, I like him more now than I did in past seasons he appeared. Not sure he is lining up his jury votes, though....

There are 741 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-other-survivor-fans-out-there/page/2?hl=eightball88 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.