Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 743 posts
  • 86 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1822 (resized).jpeg
    306FC10C-9F05-483C-82FA-F781C6FBC71A (resized).png
    3F6B24FC-6ED0-478A-BE4F-E9E36FFDCE66 (resized).png
    3CF0283C-3E16-4570-8280-E8CA73CE7B05 (resized).png
    285 (resized).jpg
    survivor-41-cast-photos-Shantel-Smith.jpg
    survivor-41-cast-photos-Erika-Casupanan.jpg
    survivor-41-cast-photos.jpg
    530A89E7-F45E-4EEA-9F18-EEFA606627FC (resized).jpeg
    B01ADDFB-3373-432D-9DED-E43C03F3F83C (resized).jpeg
    FB_IMG_1581689918532 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1581689955204 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1581689942533 (resized).jpg
    anyone.gif
    There are 743 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 15.
    #551 1 year ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

Getting a bit sick of this trend they seem to be following of only casting super-fans. Also not alot of age diversity this season. And definitely sick of Fiji. Challenges/twists seem to be same as last couple of seasons so far.

Agree with Fiji… they do it because it’s a lot easier to film there. And the 25 days is too short imo.

Really more excited for Australia to start than this one.

#552 1 year ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

And definitely sick of Fiji.

Unfortunately, I think we're stuck with Fiji for the foreseeable future. They permanently switched to Fiji starting with Season 33 ("Millennials vs. Gen X").

#553 1 year ago

Probst has talked alot about Fiji and how it makes the show possible. Don't think they're leaving.

2 weeks later
    #554 1 year ago

This season has provided a carefully crafted group of diversity.

Unfortunately, they failed to include any rude, offensive, and totally crass players who actually make the show a bit more fun to watch. As someone mentioned before, the best part of the show is watching the people you hate get voted off.

The show is striving so hard to be progressive, it lost a bit of its edge.

#555 1 year ago

I’m enjoying the season. It’s an enjoyable diversion for me. I will never get to do anything like that anymore so it’s fun to watch. The girl with the amputated leg is inspiring in real life. Good for her.

My brother lost part of his leg last year and he is not in that same positive space yet….

Anyways good show!

1 month later
    #556 1 year ago

Gotta say that this season is really kinda boring. It lacks the core gut drama and passion that made it good in the past.

They've diluted it too much so as not to offend the weenies. Everybody now has a stupid tear-jerking backstory of overcoming hardship. They all profess their love to the remaining players as they are voted off.

Bring back the a-hole personalities. They are fun to watch go down. It's just too vanilla now.

#557 1 year ago

We were talking about this last night. Won’t be watching another season if it’s this format again. Sooooo boring.

#558 1 year ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

We were talking about this last night. Won’t be watching another season if it’s this format again. Sooooo boring.

I can't wait for the next Australian survivor season!

#559 1 year ago

They should refresh the format every season. I’m getting tired of the trading of beads.

Have not seen this weeks, which shows my own personal interest disappearing as well.

#560 1 year ago

James voice is terrible can’t stand the gargling sound anymore… agree wish I hated or liked more of these folks

#561 1 year ago
    Quoted from djsolzs:

James voice is terrible can’t stand the gargling sound anymore… agree wish I hated or liked more of these folks

He sounds like a robot.

#562 1 year ago

His voice is so weird - it’s like it’s the exact wrong frequency for the recording equipment or something. Pity he got voted off - his voice was the only interesting thing this season.

#563 1 year ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

They should refresh the format every season.

I think that's a lot of the problem. New gimmicky 'advantages' especially. Too much randomization. I think a mix of people actually fit to 'outplay' and 'outlast' would be a nice return to form.

#564 1 year ago

You could eliminate all advantages in one season and then completely change it next season, for instance.

#565 1 year ago
    Quoted from marioparty34:

I can't wait for the next Australian survivor season!

January

Love that they move the location country ever year.

Announced contests so far
    Shonee
    Nina (Sandra’s daughter)
    George
    Hayley

#566 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

January
    Love that they move the location country ever year.
    Announced contests so far
    Shonee
    Nina (Sandra’s daughter)
    George
    Hayley

It sounds awesome!

2 weeks later
    #567 1 year ago

In a lukewarm season last episode was pretty good.

#568 1 year ago

Forgot this one was still on…

#569 1 year ago

Why the hell did Cody give his idol to Jesse? To gain trust from him? What a fuckin dumb ass. Jesse is a back stabbing piece of shit and I don’t care if it’s a game, that move shows his integrity. I’ll do anything for my family. Oh ok. Sure hope that dude does not win.

#570 1 year ago

I can tell I will need to stay away from this thread to avoid spoilers.

I have watched quite a few seasons, but not in any discernable order. I am currently watching season 33 for the first time.

#571 1 year ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Why the hell did Cody give his idol to Jesse? To gain trust from him? What a fuckin dumb ass. Jesse is a back stabbing piece of shit and I don’t care if it’s a game, that move shows his integrity. I’ll do anything for my family. Oh ok. Sure hope that dude does not win.

Most brutal move I’ve seen in awhile. Was pretty smart for Jesse though. Hardest possible road he has to final three is a fire making challenge (unless they throw in a new curveball). We’ll see if it bites him in the end.

#572 1 year ago

Cody was a good, likable guy, so you just knew he was going to be backstabbed or outplayed and indeed he was.

#573 1 year ago

(Spoiler alert.)

Yep the end game of this season is proving to be very good.

I almost thought Cody was brilliant in how he retained his idol back from Jesse. But then he was stupid and gave it back. He failed to see the consequences.

Jesse was smart to take advantage of Cody's mistake. It's cut- throat. He wouldn't beat him with integrity. He also cleverly flushed the other remaining idol out by how he played the stolen idol.

Jesse is my pick of who should win.

#574 1 year ago

It was a great episode. I just don't know how I feel about the manipulative editing. There was no way we could have known that Cody gave the idol back to Jesse.

Quoted from RTS:

Jesse was smart to take advantage of Cody's mistake. It's cut- throat. He wouldn't beat him with integrity. He also cleverly flushed the other remaining idol out by how he played the stolen idol.

I agree. Baller move! Jesse has definitely been getting a winner's edit this season. I think there's a good chance he wins.

#575 1 year ago

I disagree I don't think Cody gave his idol back to Jesse.

I thought Jesse mentioned he had another idol given to him by a player that left the game. He said no one knew he was given that idol. So with Cody's idol he had two.

Then reluctantly gave Cody back his idol.

#576 1 year ago
    Quoted from indybru:

I disagree I don't think Cody gave his idol back to Jesse.
    I thought Jesse mentioned he had another idol given to him by a player that left the game. He said no one knew he was given that idol. So with Cody's idol he had two.
    Then reluctantly gave Cody back his idol.

Oh yeah, I think you're right. I suppose it's unclear if Cody actually gave his back to Jesse or not.

But when Jesse played an idol for Owen, why wouldn't Cody clue in and play his if he had it?

I still think Jesse outplayed Cody. Especially if he still has another idol in his pocket that nobody knows about.

#577 1 year ago

If Cody had an idol he would have played it, since he voted for Owen. After Karla played hers too only Cody, Jesse, and Gabler could be voted out…. No way he went home with one.

#578 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

If Cody had an idol he would have played it, since he voted for Owen. After Karla played hers too only Cody, Jesse, and Gabler could be voted out…. No way he went home with one.

Cody definitely returned his idol back to Jesse. It was just edited out.

Jesse psyched Cody into thinking Karla had the knowledge is power advantage and would steal it, so Cody gave it back.

Jesse played the situation perfectly.

https://tvline.com/2022/12/08/survivor-cody-assenmacher-exit-interview-season-43-episode-12/

#579 1 year ago

I think Jesse is the clear favorite to win despite sucking in challenges. Editing also shows Owen to have chance to be in finals. Little blondie and Carla have no shot

#580 1 year ago

sedason 7 of australlian survivor is on dailymotion and is kick ass

#581 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

sedason 7 of australlian survivor is on dailymotion and is kick ass

Are you talking about Blood vs Water? I've been meaning to catch up on that one. It's the only Australian season I haven't seen yet.

#582 1 year ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Are you talking about Blood vs Water? I've been meaning to catch up on that one. It's the only Australian season I haven't seen yet.

no, its the "allstars" there are i think episodes up so far on dailymotion. Australlian survivor puts the american one to shame with its challenges. Boy are they physical. Oh and the host Johnathon still will say "come on in GUYS" lol

#583 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

no, its the "allstars" there are i think episodes up so far on dailymotion. Australlian survivor puts the american one to shame with its challenges. Boy are they physical. Oh and the host Johnathon still will say "come on in GUYS" lol

Ah. I've seen "All Stars". Fantastic season! I was confused, because I assumed you were referring to the most recent season. And I agree that Australian Survivor has actually become a much better show than the American version.

#584 1 year ago

***** Season 43 Finale Spoilers *****

Wow! I did not see that coming. Going into the finale, I honestly thought Gabler was the least likely of the remaining contestants to win. What an amazingly selfless gesture to give it all away to charity! I felt terrible for Jessie, though. He was sooooooo close.

#585 1 year ago

****SPOILER****

Could you imagine being in the final 3, knowing this money would change you and your families lives, only to see the winner tell everyone they don't need it and they are giving it all away? Sure I am all about charity, but this seems extra messed up to me and must really sting the players there that really need it.

Also surprised Gabler won, I would not have guessed that before watching the episode, but he put up the best argument and deserved it when it was all said and done.

I also hope they change the format of the show and go down to 2 finalists in the following seasons, it just seems like the 3 is a waste of time and the 3rd person usually gets ZERO votes anyways. Make it more of a battle between 2 then watering it down between 3 finalists.

#586 1 year ago

I fast forwarded most of the episode. Once Jesse was eliminated I knew Gabler would win it. Didn't watch any of the questions. Think I'm finally done with survivor since watching from day 1

#587 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I fast forwarded most of the episode. Once Jesse was eliminated I knew Gabler would win it. Didn't watch any of the questions. Think I'm finally done with survivor since watching from day 1

I enjoyed the season, but it could have been so much better. One thing I think they could improve on is picking contestants.. None of them are interesting anymore and it seems like they pick a lot of really young players now (late teens/early 20's). I just think there is more substance in gameplay when the contestants have life experiences.

Also, they don't pick out good looking contestants anymore (haha), just an observation. The whole show used to be packed with lookers, now... not so much.

#588 1 year ago

The end of this season was good, liked it better than last couple seasons anyway. Middle dragged with a lot of safe votes.

Australia coming back next month!

#589 1 year ago
    Quoted from Cobray:

I enjoyed the season, but it could have been so much better. One thing I think they could improve on is picking contestants.. None of them are interesting anymore and it seems like they pick a lot of really young players now (late teens/early 20's). I just think there is more substance in gameplay when the contestants have life experiences.
    Also, they don't pick out good looking contestants anymore (haha), just an observation. The whole show used to be packed with lookers, now... not so much.

Cassidy was pretty hot tho. I was thinking it was gonna be her or Owen. I personally voted Owen. Congrats to Gabler, pretty self less to donate it to the veterans.

#590 1 year ago

And Gabler wins - can’t be serious thinking that’s a good ending. Been watching since day 1 ready to hang my hat.

#591 1 year ago

It’s so funny over the years how many times I’ve seen people say “I’m done” and the reasoning behind it. I bet you 9 out of 10 still watch. Lol

#592 1 year ago
    Quoted from djsolzs:

And Gabler wins - can’t be serious thinking that’s a good ending. Been watching since day 1 ready to hang my hat.

I thought it was great ending. Who would you voted for out of those three?

#593 1 year ago

Gabler killed it at tribal. He had the jury in stitches the whole time. Clearly, the guy was very well liked, and likability goes a long way in this game.

#594 1 year ago

He killed it at tribal no doubt - but the wife and I would have chosen either of the other 2. Cass would have been the choice although she got called out on what she thought was her strategy. Honestly we didnt care who won at the end it was that type of season for us.

Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I thought it was great ending. Who would you voted for out of those three?

Im one of the 9 of 10 that will continue even though I thought this season was flat and am saying Im not.

Australia is just so much better.

#595 1 year ago
    Quoted from djsolzs:

He killed it at tribal no doubt - but the wife and I would have chosen either of the other 2. Cass would have been the choice although she got called out on what she thought was her strategy. Honestly we didnt care who won at the end it was that type of season for us.

Im one of the 9 of 10 that will continue even though I thought this season was flat and am saying Im not.
    Australia is just so much better.

Respectfully I disagree that Owen or Cassidy should have won. Owen was just there it felt like he had no real effect on the game the entire time with the exception of winning a few challenges. Cassidy chickened out of the fire challenge and got called out at tribal when she claimed to mastermind Ryan’s vote. Plus it looks like Karla threat of campaigning against her was cashed in. Gabler really did play a great silent game, I think it’s a strategy we haven’t seen pay off often but he almost swept the entire vote. He had an alliance with almost every jury member and no real bad animosity towards him (versus Cassidy).

#596 1 year ago

Still kills me that he wins it all against people that that could have used the money to change their lives and he just gives it all away LMAO

#597 1 year ago

I was super disappointed that Jesse failed the fire challenge. The pressure on him was immense.

He deserved to win. After he was eliminated, it was now all about Cassidy losing.

She was so out of touch and over-confident thinking she had won before any voting. And the shocked look on her face when she failed to get the votes made that last episode worthwhile. She sure seemed unaware of her standing with the jury.

These final 3 were not the best players. Carla, Jesse and Cody deserved to be there more. But Gabler was the best of the final three.

And I have total respect for Gabler donating the money. What a statement.

#598 1 year ago

Agree with your best players

Quoted from RTS:

I was super disappointed that Jesse failed the fire challenge. The pressure on him was immense.
    He deserved to win . After he was eliminated, it was now all about Cassidy losing.
    She was so out of touch and over-confident thinking she had won before any voting. And the shocked look on her face when she failed to get the votes made that last episode worthwhile. Just a final example of her not knowing what was going on around her.
    These final 3 were not the best players. Carla, Jesse and Cody deserved to be there more. But Gabler was the best of the final three.
    And I have total respect for Gabler donating the money. What a statement.

#599 1 year ago
    Quoted from RTS:

She was so out of touch and over-confident thinking she had won before any voting. And the shocked look on her face when she failed to get the votes made that last episode worthwhile. She sure seemed unaware of her standing with the jury.

From what I read, Karla followed through on her threat and really poisoned the jury against her.

Once Jessie lost the fire making challenge, I truly had no idea who was going to win. Cassidy appeared to play the best game of the three, but she didn't get the kind of screen time that you normally see for a winner. Owen had a better edit, but his game didn't seem particularly strong. My assumption going into the final tribal was that Owen and Cassidy would receive all the votes, with Owen pulling out the win. I honestly didn't think Gabler had a prayer. I truly think this is one of the worst edited seasons we've ever seen. The winner simply shouldn't be that much of a shocker.

#600 1 year ago

And then we get a preview for the next season and in the first 10 seconds we get a sexual orientation comment from a player. We don’t need to know that info. Just play the game.

Come on in guys

There are 743 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-other-survivor-fans-out-there/page/12?hl=flipsteen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.