Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 734 posts
  • 86 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by WaddleJrJr
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1822 (resized).jpeg
    306FC10C-9F05-483C-82FA-F781C6FBC71A (resized).png
    3F6B24FC-6ED0-478A-BE4F-E9E36FFDCE66 (resized).png
    3CF0283C-3E16-4570-8280-E8CA73CE7B05 (resized).png
    285 (resized).jpg
    survivor-41-cast-photos-Shantel-Smith.jpg
    survivor-41-cast-photos-Erika-Casupanan.jpg
    survivor-41-cast-photos.jpg
    530A89E7-F45E-4EEA-9F18-EEFA606627FC (resized).jpeg
    B01ADDFB-3373-432D-9DED-E43C03F3F83C (resized).jpeg
    FB_IMG_1581689918532 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1581689955204 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1581689942533 (resized).jpg
    anyone.gif

There are 734 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 15.
    #501 1 year ago

Gosh I can't remember a season that grew on me as much as this one. So many of the people in the top 8 deserved to win. I'm rooting for Omar, he's playing a really good game.

#502 1 year ago

The end of that tribal council was refreshing to see. Everyone was having a good time. It seemed like they all get along so it’s difficult to pick one.
    My wife flipped out when Lindsay got the flame. Incredibly lucky.

#503 1 year ago

Still rooting fr Jonathon

#504 1 year ago

I agree - wasn’t expecting it when I first posted in this thread. So much better than the last season

Quoted from PinballTilt:

Gosh I can't remember a season that grew on me as much as this one. So many of the people in the top 8 deserved to win. I'm rooting for Omar, he's playing a really good game.

#505 1 year ago

This season is as good as last season was bad. Such a great challenge and tribal last night.

The season could only be better with a new host. Probst annoys me everytime he says "come on in" without "guys."

#506 1 year ago
    Quoted from RTS:

This season is as good as last season was bad. Such a great challenge and tribal last night.
    The season could only be better with a new host. Probst annoys me everytime he says "come on in" without "guys."

Totally agree.

#507 1 year ago
    Quoted from HomerEBW:

My wife flipped out when Lindsay got the flame. Incredibly lucky.

Yeah, especially when you consider the fact that she played it wrong and essentially doubled her chances of picking the skull. The same thing happened last season with Deshawn. From a statistical perspective, they both played it wrong, and yet they both won. Lucky indeed.

#508 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinballTilt:

I'm rooting for Omar, he's playing a really good game.

I'm rooting for him as well, and he does seem to be getting a very favorable edit. The other person I'm rooting for is Lindsay. I like Jonathan, but I think his days are numbered. My guess is he will be voted out as soon as he's vulnerable.

#509 1 year ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Yeah, especially when you consider the fact that she played it wrong and essentially doubled her chances of picking the skull. The same thing happened last season with Deshawn. From a statistical perspective, they both played it wrong, and yet they both won. Lucky indeed.

I have taken advanced math and it still doesn't make sense to me why you should always switch when given the option. Like I'm embarrassed but it just doesn't click in my brain. If one option is eliminated the chances are now 50/50 regardless of what you picked.

#510 1 year ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

From a statistical perspective, they both played it wrong, and yet they both won. Lucky indeed.

It improves your statistics, but only improves, doesn't make a cinch. It still comes down to luck.

I loved yesterday's episode. I loved seeing Mike's head sink when the the advantage was read, and it was perfect that he didn't have it.

Everyone played as hard as they could, so it takes the sting out of losing and I was happy to see the respect all around.

#511 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinballTilt:

I have taken advanced math and it still doesn't make sense to me why you should always switch when given the option. Like I'm embarrassed but it just doesn't click in my brain. If one option is eliminated the chances are now 50/50 regardless of what you picked.

Google "Monty Hall Paradox".

Basically, the X factor is that the host (Jeff) KNOWS which one is the winner, and it is with his knowledge that he removes a loser, so it's not a 50/50 actually.

#512 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinballTilt:

The easiest way to understand the Monty Hall dilemma is to expand it out to 100 boxes, where only one of the boxes contains the flame, and the other 99 contain a skull. Jeff then asks you to choose one and he gets the other 99. Now lets say that Jeff then asks you if you would rather keep your box and hope that you got super lucky and picked the flame, or exchange your box for all 99 of his boxes. Now anybody in their right mind would obviously choose to switch, since you only have a 1% chance of getting the flame if you don't switch, and a 99% chance of getting the flame if you do. Where people get confused is that before Jeff asks if you want to switch, he reveals 98 skulls in his possession, leaving just one of his boxes still a mystery. This results in two boxes that haven't been revealed -- the one that you originally chose, and the one Jeff has. Many people think that it is now a 50/50 proposition, but the reality is that Jeff's box still has a 99% chance of having the flame, and your box still has only a 1% chance of having the flame. The fact that he revealed 98 skulls does not change this.

#513 1 year ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

The easiest way to understand the Monty Hall dilemma is to expand it out to 100 boxes, where only one of the boxes contains the flame, and the other 99 contain a skull. Jeff then asks you to choose one and he gets the other 99. Now lets say that Jeff then asks you if you would rather keep your box and hope that you got super lucky and picked the flame, or exchange your box for all 99 of his boxes. Now anybody in their right mind would obviously choose to switch, since you only have a 1% chance of getting the flame if you don't switch, and a 99% chance of getting the flame if you do. Where people get confused is that before Jeff asks if you want to switch, he reveals 98 skulls in his possession, leaving just one of his boxes still a mystery. This results in two boxes that haven't been revealed -- the one that you originally chose, and the one Jeff has. Many people think that it is now a 50/50 proposition, but the reality is that Jeff's box still has a 99% chance of having the flame, and your box still has only a 1% chance of having the flame. The fact that he revealed 98 skulls does not change this.

that...actually makes sense. Thanks!

#514 1 year ago
    Quoted from djsolzs:

I agree - wasn’t expecting it when I first posted in this thread. So much better than the last season

Is it safe to skip last season? I watched like 5-6 episodes before bailing on it. Is last season worth a watch tho as a laugh or should I skip it completely?

#515 1 year ago
    Quoted from rai:

Is it safe to skip last season? I watched like 5-6 episodes before bailing on it. Is last season worth a watch tho as a laugh or should I skip it completely?

Skip it. It sucked and nobody cared who won. I don't even remember who it was.

#516 1 year ago
    Quoted from rai:

Last season on par with this one, last season probably better at this point....

The problem was the end...didn't see that coming

#517 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinballTilt:

Nope. You absolutely double your chances of winning by switching, from 1/3 to 2/3. There are plenty of youtubes on the Monty hall problem. Even the Mythbuster dudes addressed it!

1 week later
    #518 1 year ago

What a great show.

In Vegas everybody watches everybody.

#519 1 year ago

Congrats Winner! (Not listing name to not spoil) voted to win by CBS, I mean… the jury

#520 1 year ago

A solid end to an above average season.

#522 1 year ago

Whatever. Didn’t care for the ending at all.

#523 1 year ago

I never get the winner correct. Yes I deserve to win because I found one idol, won no challenges, and went along with someone's plan to vote someone out. Boggles my mind

#524 1 year ago

That was a pathetic fire made by Jonathan as well. For someone who made fire daily, he totally fucked that one up.

#525 1 year ago

***SPOILERS***

Going into the final 3, I thought there was a clear winner. I was wrong. During the jury questions when Marianne explained how she worked the last few tribals and then took the idol from her pocket I knew right there she won. Well played.

I was surprised Marianne didn't save Lyndsey with her idol hoping Mike would keep his word and save Marianne. She played a great end game.

During the season my wife and I though Marianne would go first because she was just annoying. Haha.

#526 1 year ago

This is just like last season where the winner made no sense to me...young kids ruining this show
    As soon as they started shaking their heads and actign like Marryanne was awesome for explaining some shit aboot other players I knew they'd give it to her.

I will say she became MUCH less annoying by the end though. So um...congrats.

#527 1 year ago
    Quoted from HomerEBW:

I was surprised Marianne didn't save Lyndsey with her idol hoping Mike would keep his word and save Marianne.

If Marianne saved Lindsey, Lindsey would've gotten all of the votes.

Once the better players were gone, Marianne found herself in the right place at the right time and strategically pulled out her unused idol for maximum advantage to sway the jury.

She deserves credit for that. However, she appeared as an "also ran" for most of the show, similar to Romeo. She expressed a lot of clueless-ness early on. You gotta be good to win at Survivor. But you still also have to be lucky.

I had been primarily rooting for Jonathan due to his physical strength and tolerance of others, but in the end, I have to say Lindsey was the most deserving player. Smart, physical, social and a true fighter never giving up.

Jonathan was strong and likable, but he didn't understand the repercussions of each vote as well as Lindsey. Doubtful he would have done any better than Mike in the end either.

#528 1 year ago

I can't believe it.

#529 1 year ago

I need a Allstars season or I'll be like my wife and tap out. 2 winners in a row that didn't deserve it over the other choices in the finale.

I'd like to see a all athlete/physically fit survivor. No weak or old players

#530 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

2 winners in a row that didn't deserve it over the other choices in the finale.

You thought Romeo deserved to win over Maryanne? He was the one person going into the final episode that I felt had a ZERO percent chance of winning.

#531 1 year ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

You thought Romeo deserved to win over Maryanne? He was the one person going into the final episode that I felt had a ZERO percent chance of winning.

Mike should have won. Romeo didn't deserve a vote.

#532 1 year ago

Mike couldn't articulate his game, and it's a real shame that plays such a big part in awarding someone a giant cash prize. He's got charisma in a more subtle way, that you're not going to be able to encapsulate in a speech. Recency bias is strong, Maryann was energetic and interviews better. That's why she won.

#533 1 year ago

Mary Ann had the best final tribal by far… in the end I think she deserved it.

Australia’s last season was way better…actually all of the latest Aussie ones have been so good.

#534 1 year ago

Mary Ann was definitely a sleeper and came on strong at the end, and had a great tribal. It was a good win.

She also benefited that all the strongest players had been voted out already. But that is Survivor. And there's a long list of strong Survivor players that have never won. That's the game.

I'd like for them to do another "Second chances" season where they bring those types of players back, because there are lots of strong names amongst them.

#535 1 year ago
    Quoted from HomerEBW:

***SPOILERS***

During the season my wife and I though Marianne would go first because she was just annoying. Haha.

OMG was she ever annoying... but I think she was brought along forward because no one thought she was a threat and could win it. But then again, I never thought Mike would make it either. And I'm not surprised that Romeo didn't even get one vote... all he did was sit around camp and sneak eating rice lol

1 month later
    #536 1 year ago

Just watched Season 42 on Paramount+ it was good. There was a lot less bad blood than other seasons.

2 months later
    #537 1 year ago

Ben "Coach" Wade from Survivor "Tocantins", "Heros vs Villains" and "South Pacific" is a friend of mine, and a fellow pinhead! He lives in Susanville California and is an actual Coach at the High School. He does own a few pins and really wants a Whitewater, badly. Next time he's over to play some pinball, I'll get a picture with him.

#538 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bellystyle:

Ben "Coach" Wade from Survivor "Tocantins", "Heros vs Villains" and "South Pacific" is a friend of mine, and a fellow pinhead! He lives in Susanville California and is an actual Coach at the High School. He does own a few pins and really wants a Whitewater, badly. Next time he's over to play some pinball, I'll get a picture with him.

Nice! Nobody has played the game like Coach.

New US season starts next week. Cast looks alittle bland. 25 days again which I don’t like as much.

#539 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bellystyle:

I’ve watched every season and Coach is up there with the best of the best. I’m talking:
    Boston Rob
    Sandra (although I didn’t love her she found a way to win)
    Russell
    Ozzy
    Coach

Maybe a few others (Rupert, Fairplay, Colby etc..)

#540 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bellystyle:

He does own a few pins and really wants a Whitewater, badly. Next time he's over to play some pinball, I'll get a picture with him.

How bad does he want one? Send him over to KC to buy mine.

#541 1 year ago

Getting near new season time and I really dont know if I can do it after the last 2. Might give it a try, but that's how they trick me!

Def will not be watching Survivor:Family. Once again this show loved nothing more than another Boston Rob appreance. Although I didn't quite hate him as much last time. Or did I hopefully dream this was an idea and it isn't real?

#542 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Getting near new season time and I really dont know if I can do it after the last 2. Might give it a try, but that's how they trick me!
    Def will not be watching Survivor:Family. Once again this show loved nothing more than another Boston Rob appreance. Although I didn't quite hate him as much last time. Or did I hopefully dream this was an idea and it isn't real?

Last season was better than the one before, which was the season that made me dislike Probst. He used to facilitate and stay in the background.

Now it's like the show should be called "Jeff Probts Presents: Survivor"

I liked Boston Rob okay. The issue with the show is when the better players that you like get voted out, and lesser players win and act like it was all their doing.

#543 1 year ago

The problem is it falls into all the other reality TV tropes lately. Can you even get to american ninja warrior or americas got talent without some sort of debilitating disease or horrible family tragedy? I just prefer not to hear about that sort of thing in my entertainment. I'm not sure who eats it up, but apparently it sells.

#544 1 year ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

The problem is it falls into all the other reality TV tropes lately. Can you even get to american ninja warrior or americas got talent without some sort of debilitating disease or horrible family tragedy? I just prefer not to hear about that sort of thing in my entertainment. I'm not sure who eats it up, but apparently it sells.

Wtf happened to Ninja Warrior sweet Jesus. Every night is a "Very special episode," horrible. Lots of 30 second skips in that watch.

Quoted from RTS:

Now it's like the show should be called "Jeff Probts Presents: Survivor"

Well he is the Ex Producer so it kind of is his show. For me he isn't the issue its the other thing you're mentioning which has ruined the last 2

#545 1 year ago

Im tired of seeing the same person over and over, they always bring people back from past seasons. Let new people on the show for all contestants. Past members had thier 15 minutes of fame, let some one else

sadly, this has been almost all reality shows. they bring so many past contestants that i could care less about watching them now

1 week later
    #546 1 year ago

Rough episode one for me - soap opera piano music sob story galore… guess this is the future

#547 1 year ago

I thought it was a solid start to the new season. There are definitely some interesting personalities. I was bummed to see Morriah get voted out first. She seemed like she would have been a fun player to watch.

#548 1 year ago

The start was fine. Glad they do 2 hour premiers, gives us a chance to settle in.

I would like to see more of a season theme than just "43". I know they had to get creative and were lucky to be shooting at all last year, but it would be good to change it up again.

I was expecting the twists to be more different than the last 2 seasons, so having the boat pick up people and have them make a choice is very similar. Although I did appreciate that the idol is much more limited in time now. Really diminishes its power and you can't just sit on it and accrue other advantages.

#549 1 year ago

Getting a bit sick of this trend they seem to be following of only casting super-fans. Also not alot of age diversity this season. And definitely sick of Fiji. Challenges/twists seem to be same as last couple of seasons so far.

#550 1 year ago

Decent first episode.
    I’m not upset Mariah left. She seemed like she could become another Marianne from last season. I don’t think I can take back-to-back seasons of those personalities.

There are 734 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-other-survivor-fans-out-there/page/11?hl=carlo45 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.