C8481B40-D939-4672-B3B9-C46F7D03CCAD (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
319CC3CE-8760-4756-AAED-3F37D71C2C09 (resized).jpeg
A3A549F1-6EBF-4A78-8179-687771DFE9D3 (resized).jpeg
89F87B2B-2563-4051-BF99-F212DB173C3E (resized).jpeg
FA47B6B8-10E1-495F-9C7C-E3930A7BF234 (resized).jpeg
D8A5DB3C-3CEF-4302-AB97-A44D7920647C (resized).jpeg
BB6A5AE0-072C-47CE-BB3B-EE2B1B412DEE (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Caucasian2Step.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#56 1 year ago

Personally, I collected heavily in the early 80's. Claremont's x-men run still is a go to for me.

Strangely enough. My involvement with pinball and with comics came and went in very similar times in my life. I have found that my tastes in comic books and in pinball games went from a preference to visual to writing with comics. With pinball it went from artwork to rules and layouts. Today, I stay away from single issue comics unless I can't find the title I am seeking out any other way. TPB's are the way for me as I prefer to sit down for a reading session that will take me through a larger story. Cliffhangers are fun, but they get old quick. The books I buy now are not as "collectable" as they are "readable". If you can find it, I recommend looking for a series called The Wintermen.

In regards to pinball with comic book art... I will give big ups to Spooky's Alice Cooper and Stern's AiQ for their use of 2 1/2 D artwork based on motion graphics and still images. I am also a big fan of the comic book look in Atari's Superman (George Opperman!) as well as Gottlieb's Spiderman and Hulk. Stern X-men is based off of those graphics as well, but the composition and photoshopping of the images is not as well crafted. I don't care for the art on, Stern Spiderman, Iron Man or Gomez avengers due to the disney movie graphics on the games. I will give a pass to the Stern Star Wars Comic line. Even the PF art looks better with the hard line definition on the game as compared to the cloudy image manipulations on the first art package of that game. Tales From the Crypt looks rough in the art department. Just like the old pulp EC comics did.

No, I do not want to talk about what happened to Heavy Metal...

My first pinball game was Judge Dredd, and the Kevin O'Connor art package is way sweet!

Comic books today are fantastic. I would love to see some indie titles make their way into a pinball game theme. Some will "get it" others will not. If someone ever makes a Hellboy pinball game. I would love to play it!

ron-perlman-hellboy-900x506 (resized).jpgron-perlman-hellboy-900x506 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Caucasian2Step.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-other-comic-collectors?tu=Caucasian2Step and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.