• Latest reply 6 days ago by BMHouze
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

D8A5DB3C-3CEF-4302-AB97-A44D7920647C (resized).jpeg
BB6A5AE0-072C-47CE-BB3B-EE2B1B412DEE (resized).jpeg

#1 13 days ago

Not sure if there are fellow comic collectors out there, but I figured I would share some of my collection before I move them out. Just like the prices on pins have gone insane, so have they with many other hobbies. After seeing the crazy prices on comics lately, I have decided to send some of mine off to auction. Given the current values, I don’t realistically see myself displaying them for fear of damage. I will be keeping a few select books with my favorite stories, first appearances, or those with unique markings such as Stan Lee’s autograph. It’s kind of sad for me to sell some of these off since I really enjoyed collecting them.

Please share if you have any great collection pieces or some grails you have been trying to track down.

Some of these date back to the 60’s and this batch includes the first appearances of:
Deadpool
Punisher
Thanos
Black Panther
Hawkeye
Ghost Rider
Juggernaut
Sentinels
Green Goblin
Apocalypse
Venom
Hobgoblin
Domino
Drax
Lizard
Colossus
Storm
Night Crawler
Thunderbird
Gideon
Ultron
Shocker
Havok
Omega Red

BB6A5AE0-072C-47CE-BB3B-EE2B1B412DEE (resized).jpeg
#3 13 days ago

I only mess with Wild Dog.

D8A5DB3C-3CEF-4302-AB97-A44D7920647C (resized).jpeg
#4 13 days ago

You would do better if they were 9.8’s .I only see one of those. Key issues are one thing , but condition is another.

#5 13 days ago
Quoted from stretch2:You would do better if they were 9.8’s .I only see one of those. Key issues are one thing , but condition is another.

Ha indeed that would be better, if these were all 9.8s. I would be looking at an insane amount. Appraised value of these exact books at these exact grades came in at just about $43,000 based on actual most recent selling prices.

#7 13 days ago

I'm thinking of selling about 80 % of my
collection. Don't have enough wall space to display
everything.

They just sit in my comic boxes and I need the money
for a retheme project for next winter.

Haven't decided yet. Tough to let go. HAHha

#8 13 days ago

Nice collection. I had a few of those back in the day, but sold pretty much everything years ago for a few hundred bucks. I did the same with my Magic the Gathering cards. Had multiples of the power 9, and traded them all away for a bunch of RPG books. Oh well.

#9 13 days ago
Quoted from lowbeau67:

everything.

That’s exactly where I was, and still kind of am. These were literally all in a box at the bottom of a closet for over three years without looking at them. It’s so sad to get rid of them but the alternative is probably that they would just remain in a box, which didn’t really bring me that much daily joy either haha

#10 13 days ago

Had all these and more and a tornado last year took them. Just a side note, make sure you have them covered on a seperate sub-policy. My homeowners had a clause for collectables and I only got $1500 for around $75,000+ worth of comics. thanks goodness my cards where at my office.

#11 13 days ago
Quoted from lowbeau67:

everything.

They are tough to let go but now is a good time. Collectibles are hot right now. Might let all my ball cards go soon.

#12 13 days ago
Quoted from woody76:

Had all these and more and a tornado last year took them. Just a side note, make sure you have them covered on a seperate sub-policy. My homeowners had a clause for collectables and I only got $1500 for around $75,000+ worth of comics. thanks goodness my cards where at my office.

Oh man, I’m so sorry to hear that. I hope you guys were all safe and able to rebuild. What was your favorite book that you had?

That was a concern of mine if I held onto these much longer. If anything happened to them, would I pretty much just be out of luck. I have moved 7 times in 13 years and this is the one thing that always travels with me and comes out of the car at any hotel stops. It’s like I’m housing a fancy guest and I’m ready for them to move out haha.

#13 13 days ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

Nice collection. I had a few of those back in the day, but sold pretty much everything years ago for a few hundred bucks. I did the same with my Magic the Gathering cards. Had multiples of the power 9, and traded them all away for a bunch of RPG books. Oh well.

Oh man, I need to go through my magic cards. I have boxes of them from very early on but haven’t even glanced at them in over 20 years.

#14 12 days ago

I have tons of comics - all non CGCd as well. I want to start selling them, but that's going to take a lot of time which I don't have.

#15 12 days ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

Oh man, I need to go through my magic cards. I have boxes of them from very early on but haven’t even glanced at them in over 20 years.

Older cards are worth a fortune now. Definitely worth taking a look at what you have and heading over to eBay for some price checking.

#16 12 days ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

Dual lands are always big. Sold mine 6 years ago, was getting 150+ easy for each one and more

(MTG) Magic The Gathering - Volcanic Island Dual Land - Revised US $150.17

Three MTG Underground Sea Revised X3 US $575.00

(MTG) Magic The Gathering - Mana Drain - LEGENDS EDITION US $110.50

Facebook groups I heard was better pricing but I don't have it. Of course this was before you had to deal with taxes or whatever from Ebay....
Keep in mind these cards were BEAT. Played with them for years and years no sleeves.

#17 12 days ago

I collected comics in the 70s, 80s, until my freshman year in college ('89) and still have them all in boxes. 1000+ for sure, all marvel. Have no clue how/where to sell them so I probably won't lol

#18 12 days ago

Anybody know... what’s the best place to sell non-cgc’d comics these days? Is it worth getting them cgc’d? How is this done? Do people really send thousands of dollars worth of books in the mail and then get them back from cgc? Seems crazy.

#19 12 days ago
Quoted from spinal:

Anybody know... what’s the best place to sell non-cgc’d comics these days? Is it worth getting them cgc’d? How is this done? Do people really send thousands of dollars worth of books in the mail and then get them back from cgc? Seems crazy.

Really depends on the comics (value) if it’s worth sending them in. If it’s a high value collection can team up with a reputable seller as well.

#20 6 days ago

How about all those diy comic press
videos on YouTube. I went down the rabbit
hole for a brief time watching these and
planning out all the issues i would press and
then send to cgc.
I finally just moved on in my mind to trying to sell as a
Lot when I do decide to let them go.

#21 6 days ago
Quoted from lowbeau67:

How about all those diy comic press
videos on YouTube. I went down the rabbit
hole for a brief time watching these and
planning out all the issues i would press and
then send to cgc.
I finally just moved on in my mind to trying to sell as a
Lot when I do decide to let them go.

Ha I was doing the same, I have a couple of big issues that I was thinking about trying to clean up and send to CGC for grading but I’m not sure I want to even mess with the process. If you have a big collection I would definitely at least spot check for your big issues before selling as a big lot. Even looking up the most valuable by the series you have and just spot checking to see if you have any first.

I just sent all the ones I showed in the initial picture over to Heritage to auction off. They are going to press two of them because they think I can bump up a half a grade which could mean an extra $3K, so I guess the pressing can help a lot haha. Hopefully things go well.

#22 6 days ago

I have a large box full of Heavy Metal and Savage Sword of Conan mags.
Sold the comics years ago.
I get the odd small run or novel.
Judge Dredd vs Alien
Sgt Rock hardcovers
Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside