(Topic ID: 5227)

Any other 1st Gen Stern lovers out there?

By Marty_Graw77

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by HPR
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

012_(1024x768).jpg
    005_(1024x768).jpg
    001_(768x1024).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider firebird.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 12 years ago

The Stars does look good. It's kind of funny because I really wanted the Seawitch at the time, and was really over-concerned about what reviews on here and especially ipdb said about Stars. But, I soon found out that Stars is a classic game.

I take reviews with a grain of salt now because a lot of people love what is obvious. I think any well-maintained machine has the possibility of people falling back in love with it for various reasons. It's like how people don't (still) like cars from 73 - 79 because they fullfilled different market demands than the sixties cars. That creates an undervalued market situation. I would rather spend less on a pin with a unique story and characteristic than just have another one of the same olds, cause I don't have enough money for an awesome line up in that range. Just have to find what is awesome in my price range. And at this point I don't think I could trade the Stars for much. If another early Stern came back on Anchorage CL I would buy it as well.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider firebird.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-other-1st-gen-stern-lovers-out-there?tu=firebird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.