(Topic ID: 301617)

Any OPs going to $1.50 with Godzilla Prem?

By Three60in

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 328 posts
  • 128 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Route pricing. Should it be changed?”

• $1.50 is the new normal. 20 votes
    10%
  • Its understandable when games are $9k. Go ahead and change it. $1.50 39 votes
    19%
  • $1.25 for prem/LEs 7 votes
    3%
  • Heck no. $1 is what it needs to be. 137 votes
    67%

(203 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
f978946fd5e66b9c262949cabd36def5d5f3fb4e (resized).jpg
cant understand pinball controls.gif
jjPotC 1.50 price card.jpg
nope (resized).jpg
Bk2k (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nogoodnames222.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#96 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

$2 a game wouldn’t fly in Portland imo.

We would riot. People already bitch about $1/game on brand new machines (and what's funny is op's still seem to make decent money here).

Appropriate pricing is going to be super dependent on city + venue, when I lived in small town midwest I would've paid $1.50 to play Sword of Rage

#113 2 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

Portland isn’t a good business model either, I’ve played a lot of locations there and pins were garbage wagons. In some instances I had to make an appointment for a time slot to play and it had to be for a specific title. Not to mention the human poo and tents on the sidewalks I had to walk around. I’m sure there are some quality locations there, I just didn’t get to visit them.

I love exaggerated BS when it's easy to call out.

"Some instances" of time slots = Wedgehead's covid-specific model, something that a lot of people liked (also not in place anymore). I personally enjoyed sessioning titles on freeplay, but even if you didn't, that was one location trying something new to make people comfortable during a global pandemic.

You must've had some bad luck to only find broken pins here. You've played a lot of locations in town but missed Next Level, Ground Kontrol, C Bar, Quarterworld? You can find dives with better lineups than dedicated arcades in a lot of cities, if it was as bad as you're making it out to be why would we have the most pinball per capita? Guess we just love putting quarters into our garbage wagons.

Bringing up the (irrelevant) homeless issue shows your bias against the city. We look forward to you not visiting again

#118 2 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

Settle down hero, there was no bias, simple truth in my experience there, please don’t politicize the issue. I didn’t say all pins were broke, I didn't say any were.

Sorry, don't like guys hating indiscriminately on an entire city of operators (who do a genuinely kickass job of running a massive amount of games here).

#201 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Truth of the matter is every town and even every location is different. What works in one place may be awful for the next.

This is becoming more and more evident the longer this thread goes on. There's no one-size-fits-all solution, I think the only thing operators should really take away from this is don't be afraid to try new things.

2 months later
#322 2 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

The sound of a Stern match freaks out most of my customers. They are worried they broke the machine.

This post (and subsequent edit) on Reddit cracked me up:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 999.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 375.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinMod Industries

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brookings, OR

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nogoodnames222.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-ops-going-to-150-with-godzilla-prem?tu=nogoodnames222 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.