(Topic ID: 301617)

Any OPs going to $1.50 with Godzilla Prem?

By Three60in

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 328 posts
  • 128 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Route pricing. Should it be changed?”

• $1.50 is the new normal. 20 votes
    10%
  • Its understandable when games are $9k. Go ahead and change it. $1.50 39 votes
    19%
  • $1.25 for prem/LEs 7 votes
    3%
  • Heck no. $1 is what it needs to be. 137 votes
    67%

(203 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
f978946fd5e66b9c262949cabd36def5d5f3fb4e (resized).jpg
cant understand pinball controls.gif
jjPotC 1.50 price card.jpg
nope (resized).jpg
Bk2k (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pdxmonkey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#45 2 years ago

$2 a game wouldn’t fly in Portland imo.

#102 2 years ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

We would riot. People already bitch about $1/game on brand new machines (and what's funny is op's still seem to make decent money here).
Appropriate pricing is going to be super dependent on city + venue, when I lived in small town midwest I would've paid $1.50 to play Sword of Rage

Not to mention Next Level has everything on free play with a $20 door charge. 100+ pins in fantastic condition. Good luck charging anything over a dollar.

#109 2 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

Portland isn’t a good business model either, I’ve played a lot of locations there and pins were garbage wagons. In some instances I had to make an appointment for a time slot to play and it had to be for a specific title. Not to mention the human poo and tents on the sidewalks I had to walk around. I’m sure there are some quality locations there, I just didn’t get to visit them.

Next Level is the best location by far…but it is in a suburb outside the city. As far as homeless goes they’ll be in your big cities soon enough too.

#130 2 years ago

There’s an app called Payrange that does close to that. Out here Quarter world arcade has it in place.

#149 2 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Okay having older machines for cheaper is understandable and I’m all for that, the question at hand was will ops be charging $1.50 per play for Godzilla (the newest machine) so I took the comments in this thread of I’m not paying more then $1 per play to mean they won’t play Godzilla for $1.50.
Which takes us back to, if people aren’t paying to play the new stuff, means ops stop buying it, means stern sells less games (I know right now they are hotter then ever) but it starts a snowball effect of taking location pinball back to the dark times of not long ago which I don’t think anyone wants.
Also when an op comes on hard times (low collection months) and have to sell games to make it by, what machines go first? The ones they can sell for the most the fastest, which means if your op is sitting on a bunch of older pins that are paid off but worth the prices games are going for in today’s market, bye bye pinball. Not saying this is going to happen, but for the seasoned ops out there like LTG these words are all too true. Again a snowball effect can happen fast sometimes and with today’s economy and what’s going on across the US it’s very possible.

Just before covid, in 2019 Portland starting seeing $1 a game for new stuff. It’s generally cheaper here to encourage players in the door and make the money on the bar and kitchen. I could be wrong but my guess-is 1.50 or 2.00 a game won’t be successful after a week or two. Not that ops don’t deserve it, just that that’s the reality here.
Better deal for the pro.

#200 2 years ago

Truth of the matter is every town and even every location is different. What works in one place may be awful for the next. I really feel for operators after covid and hope they can start generating cash again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Discos Pinball Mod Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Land O' Lakes, FL
$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 159.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 375.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinMod Industries

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Dixon, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pdxmonkey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-ops-going-to-150-with-godzilla-prem?tu=Pdxmonkey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.