(Topic ID: 266053)

Any one remember Herman's arcade ? Point pleasant beach N.J.

By midniight

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by midniight
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

I remember hanging on the boardwalk all summer long as a kid back in early 70*s . Also spent a summer there in 1980 when I was 19 , more for fun you no believe . Herman's , Holiday and Frank's. Probably over 200 machines between the 3 . There was also inlet arcade at the end of the boardwalk which had older games that were in great condition . Herman's had the best games and a rock and roll vibe . Ronnie was there everyday keeping everything working great . And then there was the pizza , chi chi*s, martells and a few others . I need to hopefully get back there someday . If you have any memories please share them ...

#2 4 years ago

Went to it much later when it was basically a warehouse with games plugged in, with the heads staggered so that you could not play 2 machines next to each other because your hands would hit. I remember it being a trove of early 80's games, with 3 silverball manias next to each other, don't remember much else.

That was probably around 1989-1990 or so.

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from slochar:

Went to it much later when it was basically a warehouse with games plugged in, with the heads staggered so that you could not play 2 machines next to each other because your hands would hit. I remember it being a trove of early 80's games, with 3 silverball manias next to each other, don't remember much else.
    That was probably around 1989-1990 or so.

It was sold to the mobster who now owns the whole boardwalk . He started out buying jenkinson's then everything south of it . I read an article online that he made all his cash with poker machines in NYC. Good read if you got the time .

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-one-remember-herman-s-arcade-point-pleasant-beach-nj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.