Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by kwiKimart
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

funnyfarm[1].jpg
    #1 11 years ago

He's had this post up multiple times. He states "now is the time to deal" like he is pushing to have the stuff sold. I replied to him in July about possibly getting one of his THREE T2 machines and he offered it to me at a reasonably fair price depending on what the machine looked like and played. Then today I see his post again after some time of not posting, ask him if he's still taking offers on T2's...and he comes back with a price $800 more. Wow. $800 mark up in 3 months? Really?

chicago.craigslist.org link

#2 11 years ago

He's a douchebag....always has been. Overpriced machines that have been in his arcade forever. He's earned his money back on all those machines by at least 10x. If he priced all those pins reasonably, he'd have cash in his hands and not have to spend his free time posting the same dang thing to CL hundreds of times.

As a goof I told him a few months ago I'd give him 10K for everything. He responded back as "is that a deposit?..."I can sell this for $50K"

Just stay away and pretend they don't exist....because at those prices they really don't exist in the real world.

#3 11 years ago

Already flagged.

#4 11 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

Already flagged.

And he'll try again, and it'll be flagged again. Wash, rinse, repeat. His ads get flagged specifically because he's pissed off so many people by being a complete tool when you respond to his ads.

And, no, I'm not the one flagging.

#5 11 years ago

I hate that guy too. Sad part, he'll probably die before he can sell them, maybe then people can buy it at an estate sale for a decent price (can't take it with you).

For those that haven't read the ad, he's basically selling his route all at once. 12 pinball machines (multiple copies of T2 and WCS94 I believe), plus 3 board testers, plus 500 bins of parts.. You have no choice to take a pin or two, YOU MUST TAKE EVERYTHING! His latest ad states that he has organized and documented all the bins (great, because I really want to buy a bunch of parts I may or may not need, and probably pay full retail).

Reminds me of a movie "I want the house, the furniture, I even want the dog!" "yellow dog?"
    funnyfarm[1].jpgfunnyfarm[1].jpg

#6 11 years ago

I think I know the ad you are talking about. The guy was like super unrealistic about what he had and what he wanted for the stuff.

#7 11 years ago

I assume this is the guy with the arcade in Niles? If so, his pins are all crap! Unless you can get them dirt cheap, avoid them like the plague.

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I assume this is the guy with the arcade in Niles? If so, his pins are all crap! Unless you can get them dirt cheap, avoid them like the plague.

yup guy in Niles, he is a fool and his games are absolute trash, some of the worst conditioned pins ever... completely neglected... its sad.

#9 11 years ago

I don't even know what the guy looks like, but I'm guessing he has face just waiting to get punched...

#10 11 years ago

New Deal Used Pins, we're blowin' the $h!t out of high prices.
    Look out Marshall Lucky it's high prices!

#11 11 years ago

There is so much BS on craigslist. I found a guy in Canadagua NY who was selling a HS2. The only thing he could tell me about it was "they are like cars, they come in all conditions", yea...very helpful. Anyways as soon as i asked for the guys address and phone number, i never heard from him again. Weeks later it was still listed, flagged the jackasss. He had a link for pictures that took you to all this other junk he was selling, and i mean junk, clapped out snow mobiles and appiances.. Craigslist is good but at the same time you have to weed through all the crap. Like the $2000 TAF...

#12 11 years ago

Thanks for all the replies. I was hoping he would eventually cave and sell at a reasonable price. Oh well. Ill just wait for the estate sale.

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Thanks for all the replies. I was hoping he would eventually cave and sell at a reasonable price. Oh well. Ill just wait for the estate sale.

This guy will never cave. I tried to deal with him 3 years ago on a few pins.....no way is he going to budge.

The infamous Niles guy.....

#14 11 years ago

BTW, just because now I know he isnt liked and I am not busting him out on here, he wanted $2200 for T2 in July and wants $3000 "good to go out the door" is how he put it. what a piece of work.

#15 11 years ago

I've played that T2. It's not even worth $1,500.

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from tracelifter:

New Deal Used Pins, we're blowin' the $h!t out of high prices.
    Look out Marshall Lucky it's high prices!

Love that movie and made my day!!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-one-know-this-guy-from-craigslist and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.