Topic Stats

• 1,680 posts
  • 145 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by EJS
  • Topic is favorited by 24 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 802 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5358 (resized).JPG
5A5EA785-5B73-4DF5-A2CF-52995E1F78B9 (resized).jpeg
53B638BE-3956-4FC6-AA36-0A2A4BD75594 (resized).jpeg
4940B499-EC3F-4241-870F-CF3D37C8D73B (resized).jpeg
IMG_5355 (resized).JPG
F88E8A23-DFFE-4B59-85E8-CEAC3B0697D1 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpg
18CCD4D9-8B2B-452B-9CF6-1421A3813DA2 (resized).jpeg
9B1A7224-22A6-4AC6-8146-14AF048CA201 (resized).jpeg
IMG-0830 (resized).jpg
60980727991--4F433604-6CB7-42FB-915E-B1BF9074217C (resized).JPG
60979400426--FE35536A-01B6-4DE8-AE61-B2B492BC9E55 (resized).JPG
IMG-0829 (resized).jpg
5121ABB7-853C-4446-95D1-FA760CDBF874 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4744 (resized).JPG
IMG_4742 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swillie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1300 3 years ago

This year I finished my basement and the gameroom is now a cigar lounge as well with ventilation in the ceiling. Winter is coming and while in the past I rarely had a cigar during the cold months I can enjoy one without braving the elements now. My favorite cigars...

Opus X
Padron 1964 natural
Liga Privada no.9
Cuban Cohiba
Cuban H. Upmann

20160920_164201 (resized).jpg

#1303 3 years ago

20160815_202020 (resized).jpg

#1305 3 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Looks like you have the same NHL table hockey game by Halex I have in my house and seem to be a big hockey fan as it's on the TV. What did you add on top for the glass look effect, never seen that before. I always liked this version as have more control and nice to have face offs when the puck flys out.

Yep, it's a Halex NHL Elite. I have wanted a Super Chexx for along time, but this old table really does play very well. I put 3 coats of Mothers Pure Gold on the ice, pucks floats so nicely and feels more like ice. The flyouts are fun times trying to find the puck when you are 1 goal down with 20 seconds left on the clock, lol. We do a face off in the corner circle it flew out nearest. Well we used to more often...found an old Sportcraft center ice table in the trash. Too much broken to salvage, but the dome!! I used some romex cable to bend 'S' brackets to hold it in place. Fit's just inside the side glass, comes short a few inches over the nets, just enough room to reach down and clear the puck out from behind the net if it gets stuck there. The puck still bounces out, but not as often. Sometimes it comes straight up from behind the goal about a foot and stops right in front of your face, than falls down and right back into play which always freaks me out. I used a soldering pen to melt a slot into the top center to drop the puck in for face offs. I used the base of a lava lamp, rerouted the power cord out the bottom and hung from above to light the ice perfectly without shining in your eyes. Best gaming $250 I ever spent, and funny enough when my teenage son and his buddies hang out down there they usually choose hockey over pinball. Or there cell phones

Now if it would just break so I can justify getting a Super Chexx

#1306 3 years ago

Is the Sinatra worth the extra $$ in your opinion over some of the other releases? I have a lot of whisky, but have not tried any of the higher end Jack Daniels releases. Have you tried the single barrel barrel proof, or the single barrel rye ? Those look interesting to me as I love cask strength whisky as well as straight ryes. I have no reference point, I have never even owned a bottle of Old #7. I don't mind dropping the extra cash on higher end or limited releases, but the more you pay the more butt hurt you are if it doesn't blow you away once you get to sipping.

#1308 3 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

At least they're not into cigars …yet!

Lol, true. The thought of sharing a cigar with them a few years down the road is weird right now. They grow up so fast.

4 weeks later
#1338 3 years ago

One of these beauties for me... posed with a random bottle of bourbon just for scale

20161230_094319 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#1369 3 years ago
Quoted from Alan_L:

These just arrived: Romeo Y Julieta Habana Churchills. It'seems 68 degrees here so you know what I'll be doing soon.

My brother gave me a handful of the Romeo Y Julieta Habana Short Churchills... really great cigar, I am aging them but smoked one right away and was very pleased!

3 weeks later
#1381 3 years ago

Yes, that's a nice collection and nice cabinet humidor. I dumped my beads in my humi and had to empty it to clean...small desktop box but holds more than it appears.

So, what to smoke on St Patricks Day ?

20170218_083747 (resized).jpg

20170310_132217 (resized).jpg

#1383 3 years ago

A Liga #9 and the 9th seed Spartans for the win...

20170317_225010 (resized).jpg

#1384 3 years ago

Here is a sherry finished Irish whiskey worth seeking...

20170317_231144 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#1404 3 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

This one had 2 years of rest on it

I frickin' love the Liga #9 !!

#1406 3 years ago
Quoted from spiroagnew:

The weather is decent and the double ligero has numbed my face...life is good. Another fantastic smoke...LFD Double Ligero with a chisel head.

LFD makes some great smokes !!

2 months later
#1417 2 years ago

Watching the sunrise over Lake Huron this morning...

IMG_0603 (resized).JPG

#1421 2 years ago
Quoted from spiroagnew:

This thread is my outlet. Here's tonight's lineup.
I hate the gigantic ring gauges, but dollar for dollar and taste accounted for, this Maxx is the best Alex Bradley has to offer, IMHO. I think this was the last Aroma de Cuba in my humidor. Definitely more nuance than power in that one--a true Pepin beauty.

Nice looking cigars, i've not had either. Nor have I had that Cold Brew IPA but sounds really interesting, I need to keep an eye out for that one.

#1424 2 years ago
Quoted from spiroagnew:

One of my all-time favorite cigars on deck here tonight. Flor Double Ligero Chisel. An absolute powerhouse of a cigar. Paired with a rich beer to take the edge off all that ligero tobacco.

Heck yeah the LFD chisels are super! The chiselito is such a blast of pepper, love that stick. Damn now I might have to have a smoke...cheers!

#1425 2 years ago

How 'bout a Fuente Anejo #77, and once I finish this IPA something a bit darker i've been waiting to try...

IMG_0733 (resized).JPG

#1427 2 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

We had a contest to see who was the biggest ash hole!
10 minutes later, his ash fell, leaving me the champ!

Haha that's awesome...I've never finished a stick with all its ash intact, looks like you could have made it right there??

#1428 2 years ago

Long way to go…

IMG_0741 (resized).JPG

#1429 2 years ago

It's getting difficult to pour another beer with this thing...

IMG_0748 (resized).JPG

#1430 2 years ago

Well that's as far as I could go, hats off to whom ever rolled this beauty.

IMG_0753 (resized).JPG

1 month later
#1455 2 years ago

Monster Padron for the MSU game...

IMG_1399 (resized).JPG

4 weeks later
#1460 2 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Cool evening in Ohio 1964 padron, and Johnny Walker double black !
Cheers

Favorite cigar ever...

1 week later
#1463 2 years ago

Nice! Great bourbon, great stick. Is that a natural or maduro? I prefer the natural, the maduro has more flavor up front but I love the subtle woody flavors that linger with the natural.

1 month later
#1471 2 years ago

Last night's pairing...

IMG_2011 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#1478 2 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

the fantastic Liga Privada Unico Feral Flying Pig!

That is a great cigar, if I recall it produced a ton of smoke per puff too. I need to go find me one of those.

1 week later
#1485 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

How long do the short ~4” sized cigars take to burn down? I’m looking to have cigars but not take 8 hours to smoke them

A short cigar but wide ring guage can give you a good 1.5 hour smoke if you are not in a hurry with it. I prefer shorter sticks, you can always light another.

#1488 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Perfect! I was hoping for about 30-60 min. I’ll probably get a variety of them. Haven’t been into cigars for a while!

The Padron 1964 Natural Principe is one of my favorite, a smaller sized cigar like you are looking for with great flavor.

1 month later
#1492 2 years ago

That is one sexy looking beauty!

1 month later
#1497 2 years ago

Tonights beauty...

IMG_3076 (resized).PNG

1 week later
#1500 2 years ago

Michigan weather is starting to come around...

IMG_3199 (resized).JPG

#1502 2 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Had one of these the other night to celebrate Penguins going to round 2

Correct me if I am wrong, and I hope I am...it was my understanding that authentic Cuban Cohiba are never packaged with a glass top. Counterfeiters use it because the glass 'shows' the cigars which is meant to ease any suspicion and help with a sale.

#1506 2 years ago
Quoted from Alan_L:

No, you're not wrong. I was in a Casa Del Habano in Cancun, a world wide chain of cigar stores, and they had a display of "falcos" (fakes) to show buyers how to spot counterfeits. The Cohibas in the glass and wood box was one of the primary examples. Cohiba does not sell it's product in this package. Another reason that they are sealed in a box is to keep you from inspecting them closely for flaws and variations. Cohibas are absolutely identical in every way. Also, the box prevents you from seeing the little bits of ground up tobacco (cigarette tobacco) in the bottom. All fine cigars that are "hecho a mano" (made by hand), Cuban and non-Cuban, are rolled with 100% leaf tobacco.

A friend brought back a similar 5 pack from Cancun a few years back, bought from a street vendor. I discussed it with him, we dissected one. There were mostly medium/short fillers and some loose tobacco. Smell of ammonia indicating young tobacco not aged properly/long enough. I put them in my 'backup' humidor and let them age quite awhile...

Quoted from spfxted:

Not that they're terrible cigars....just not real Cubans....

They smoked, were not the amazing experience he was hoping for but not bad. I have had many domestic cigars that were much worse. If I am not enjoying a cigar after 10 minutes, I nub it and light another. This really only happens with cigars people 'gift' me. I stopped experimenting at some point and only buy cigars I know and love already.

jackontherocks I hope I did not come off as insulting or 'cigar snobby' to question your cigars. I thought about saying nothing, but thought the information worth the risk of offending so my apologies in that regard. When all is said and done, if the price was reasonable and you enjoy them than it is all good. They are real cigars after all, just (probably) not what they seem. Hey, the band is the correct team color and you have enough of them to take you all the way to the Stanley Cup Finals... don't jinx your team now!!

#1511 2 years ago

First time having this one, very nice first puffs I like it.

IMG_3231 (resized).JPG

4 weeks later
#1518 2 years ago

This one's been in the humi 5 or 6 years and is smoking smooth and light to medium body. That's a good thing as it's a churchill and Opus can sneak up on you and kick your butt, they pack a punch. Highly recommended.

IMG_3416 (resized).JPG

IMG_3422 (resized).JPG

#1520 2 years ago

Happy holiday weekend!

IMG_3448 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#1526 1 year ago

CAO Amazon Basin...interesting stick from my nephew. The band is made from a rope of tobacco, I suppose I can smoke it.

IMG_3499 (resized).JPG
#1527 1 year ago

Smoked the band...didn't notice any significant change in flavor, but was pretty cool anyway.

IMG_3501 (resized).JPGIMG_3502 (resized).JPG
#1530 1 year ago
Quoted from spfxted:

How was the cigar? Worth getting a few?

I'd definitely say get a single and try one as I enjoyed it. That said some cigars I light and immediately say 'wow' and know I will be buying a few more...this one just didn't stand out for me.

1 week later
#1538 1 year ago

My first Partagas...really nice stick

IMG_3687 (resized).JPG
#1539 1 year ago

This stick is fantastic...Cuban woody, spicy, earthy pencil lead, man can't recommend it enough. Wow. My sons girlfriend gave me this for fathers day. She's a keeper...will be ordering more of these.

IMG_3689 (resized).JPG
#1542 1 year ago

Nice pic Ted, i'm listening to Tiger baseball on my patio with a great beer and a stick...

IMG_3540 (resized).JPGIMG_3712 (resized).JPG
1 month later
#1550 1 year ago

magicchiz beatiful humidor. Now fill it with great sticks! Enjoying this superb one right now...

IMG_4110 (resized).JPG
1 month later
#1551 1 year ago

Opus X figurado paired with Bookers bourbon and Griffin Claw bourbon barrel screaming pumpkin ale. I'll be feeling no pain in no time

IMG_4471 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#1554 1 year ago

That's a bad ass cigar Ted... great pic. This Fuente 8-2-8 Rosado is no comparison, but still pretty nice.

IMG_4558 (resized).JPG
1 month later
#1556 1 year ago

First time with this monster that was gifted to me recently. Really nice flavor, first puff was a 'wow'...

IMG_4845 (resized).JPG
3 weeks later
#1558 1 year ago

Tasty...

IMG_5079 (resized).JPG
1 month later
#1563 1 year ago
IMG_5370 (resized).JPG
2 months later
#1566 1 year ago

How about a Padron 1926 90th anniversary...paired with a 2018 KBS, some E.H. Taylor small batch rye whiskey while watching these bladesmiths forge knives out of parts from a vintage pinball machine. Monday's don't have to suck at all!

IMG_5832 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#1568 1 year ago

Coworker gifted me this one from a shop on Duval street in Key West, and some Cuban Coffee Queen coffee. Smoking real smooth and I can imagine i'm there but at 40 degrees on the patio it is a stretch.

IMG_5917 (resized).JPG
3 weeks later
#1570 1 year ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Nice!
Went to a Liga event today....this was my first haul!
[quoted image]

Nice...love Liga, some of my favorite, had a #9 recently...

IMG_6004 (resized).JPG
#1571 1 year ago

This one has been in the humi for a few years, about time I smoked it and see what's up...

edit...damn fine stick!

IMG_6128 (resized).JPG

IMG_6135 (resized).JPG
1 month later
#1580 1 year ago

Cap peeled bad when i cut this one but still smoking well. Enjoy the holiday weekend everyone!
IMG_6354 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#1585 11 months ago

Listening to Stanley Cup game 5 on the patio with this one...

IMG_6426 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#1589 11 months ago

Really liking this little guy alot, tons of smoke...

IMG_6528 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#1590 11 months ago

Anyone had a NUB Habano? Great construction and flavor, really impressed with this one.

IMG_6625 (resized).JPG
#1593 11 months ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Never crazy about the Nub....but love Oliva Series V...

Quoted from pudealee:

Agree on the V

Well I will be buying an Oliva V on your say so. Any size in particular smoke best in your opinion?

Meanwhile giving this one a try tonight...happy 4th!!

IMG_6676 (resized).JPG
#1595 11 months ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Looking good! Try the V torpedo...

Picked up an Oliva V Malanio torpedo. Is this much different than Oliva V?

#1597 10 months ago

This Davidoff 'The Late Hour' was pricey but the aroma/flavor was excellent. I loved it...before I buy another can anybody recommend another Davidoff worth trying first??
IMG_6691 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#1598 10 months ago
Quoted from spfxted:

A bit. I like the V better. More punch...

So far smoking nice, smooth but nothing mind blowing flavorwise. Hopefully I get some changes out of it.

EDIT: I suck as tasting notes, but this stick has gotten better and better, really enjoying the flavor profile at the halfway point. Will have to try the regular V and see if I agree!
IMG_6833 (resized).JPG

#1604 10 months ago

My box of Cuban H Upmanns arrived safely to my humidor to rest...meanwhile at $5.95 a stick locally this NUB maduro is a bargain cigar, smoking and tasting great!!
IMG_6912 (resized).JPGIMG_6923 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#1605 10 months ago

And then there is this Ashton ESG...first one for me and I will be picking up a few more of these. Being a big fan of Fuente cigars (it's a puro made by them) I had high hopes for this one and it is very nice. I read it's an Opus X blend with a sun grown wrapper, gives a very different flavor profile but equally as smooth. Why must I like these expensive ass cigars, lol.

IMG_7003 (resized).JPG
#1607 10 months ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Great cigar!!

I agree...just curious Ted, what is your favorite cigar, your stranded on a deserted island cigar?

#1609 10 months ago
Quoted from JFink8222:

Drew Estates Isla Del Sol. If you haven’t had one, go get one. Not expensive. About $5-$6/stick. Wonderful chill smoke. Will be having one tomorrow

Well damn if I have never heard of that one! The acid blue line got my cigar obsession started, and I really like the Liga #9 and T52. I hope I can find this one locally, maybe I can have one this weekend too...

#1613 9 months ago
Quoted from JFink8222:

Drew Estates Isla Del Sol. If you haven’t had one, go get one. Not expensive. About $5-$6/stick. Wonderful chill smoke. Will be having one tomorrow

Well holy crap this is sweet as cocoa puffs! I forgot how nice these infused cigars can be, really enjoying this one. I went with the maduro, will have to try the sun grown also, mellow smoke.

IMG_7049 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#1619 9 months ago

You ever just have a bad cigar moment? That was last night for me. Lit an Ashton Cabinet...tasted lousy, weird moldy taste. I killed it and lit an H Upmann...cigar was plugged badly, tried to open up with a poker and it just burned hot and still tight. Killed that one and went to bed disappointed. After working a 16 hour shift dammit I deserved better.

So today I need a knockout homerun cigar that will not fail me...Padron 1964 maduro to the rescue. These sticks are consistent and amazing, can't recommend enough if you have not tried one.

IMG_7126 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#1621 9 months ago

Well Ted, the original sungrown is very nice, milder and slightly less sweet than than the maduro. Not sure which I enjoyed more so will be getting some more of both for the humi, I am sold on these. By name this beer seemed a nice pairing which it is.

IMG_7226 (resized).JPGIMG_7228 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#1623 8 months ago

Thursday Night Football opener with a Fuente Anejo...

IMG_7291 (resized).JPG
#1626 8 months ago
Quoted from Deezer5150:

I don’t indulge often, but when I do I like to go big. Several months ago I enjoyed my third-to-last Behike.[quoted image]

Awesome looking monster Behike!!

Just lit this Kuba Arte maduro...for an Acid the infused sweetness is quickly settling into the background and letting the tobacco's natural flavor dominate. Will be getting a few more.

IMG_7310 (resized).JPG
#1633 8 months ago

Smoking this Arturo Fuente Opus X Destino El Siglo Oro Oscuro Robusto...whew out of breath now, lol. Local tobacconist put these out so I grabbed a pair. Great stick as I had no doubt it would be, a maduro Opus X what could go wrong? Well it keeps going out and I have had to relight and correct an irregular burn multiple times. However my humi is at 70%...I think 60-65% stays lit and smokes better, I should of dry boxed this one for a couple hours first so my bad. Super smooth and tasty treat and I will probably buy another while they are still available.
IMG_7375 (resized).JPG

#1635 8 months ago

This Robusto was $17.50. Also picked up a Reserva D’Chateau (7 x 48) which was $20. Never even heard of this release, just bought them immediately because I love Opus X.

#1636 8 months ago

Just went out again...damn never worked so hard to smoke a cigar, lol. The NUB Habano I spent $5.50 for smoked beautifully. $$$ doesn't guarantee performance. Still a great tasting cigar but it is pissing me off.

#1639 8 months ago

This Isla Del Sol is the ugliest cigar I have ever smoked at this point, it is falling apart on me...but still tastes great so it is okay by me, lmfao.

IMG_7435 (resized).JPG
1 month later
#1649 7 months ago

Great pics Ted...post more if you got 'em!!

I'm watchin' game 7 while trying out a freebie that came with a recent order...pretty tasty cigar I would probably never have otherwise heard of.

IMG_7797 (resized).JPG
#1650 7 months ago

Ordered a 'box' of Acid Kuba Arte which actually comes in this super cool humidor...

IMG_7729 (resized).JPGIMG_7731 (resized).JPGIMG_7770 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#1654 6 months ago

Off till Monday... getting my three day weekend off to a great start!

IMG_7885 (resized).JPG
1 month later
#1657 5 months ago

Today i’m on vacation and enjoying this monster Opus X, what a great cigar this is. Happy holidays!!

EC4ACE53-842F-4F80-97C1-E3CFF4F40D6C (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#1658 3 months ago

Lol well 53 days since I enjoyed an opus x I guess, lol. Listening to a favorite musician, live from Tucson...

http://somafm.com/deepspaceone/?fbclid=IwAR1vdKse8Ymi-A5WudfcRPGxQrjzSTLTnNLjsAExppCMlnUd6jxHsbJVbA8

IMG_0176 (resized).JPG
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 2.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Flashinstinct
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 64.99
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 100.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Habos Arcade
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 89.00
Boards
Pappy's Pinball Palace
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 399.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Top-Notch Target Shields
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 229.99

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swillie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside