IMG_8079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8052 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1484 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8616 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7542 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7637 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sbmania.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1665 3 years ago

I don't know about anybody else, but I would be thrilled to celebrate your new addition with a nice cigar!

8 months later
#1992 3 years ago

Celebrating new years eve with a cohiba esplendido and a monte Cristo no. 2! Happy new year!

3 months later
#2093 3 years ago

Enjoyed that video! Would like to visit the store one day. Imagine sitting in the very chair Churchill used to sit in and smoking a Churchill cigar. That's got to be on my bucket list!

3 weeks later
#2145 2 years ago

Wish you were closer to Phoenixville so we could hang out!!

1 month later
#2302 2 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I just bought a box of these...I wonder why they're so cheap??
[quoted image]

Cause you have to fill 'em up with the dope yourself!!

1 month later
#2448 2 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Always nice.....
[quoted image]

Had one last night with a snifter of Poire Williams! Excellent!!

1 month later
#2570 2 years ago

Celebrating the completion (and my survival!) of a 10 day whirlwind tour of Alaska with my wife and kids! A Cohiba Esplendidos and Courvoisier VSOP should do the trick!

20210820_195311 (resized).jpg20210820_195311 (resized).jpg
8 months later
#3408 1 year ago

I'm bumming out big time. Caught covid at my daughter's graduation party last Friday and just today I lost all sense of smell and taste. Crap! I just got a box of R&J Belicosas in. Guess I won't get to them for a bit.

2 weeks later
#3484 1 year ago

Covid is over, sense of smell and taste are finally back! Time to enjoy an Oliva Melanio poolside with a little cognac! I'm grateful all is finally well. It sucked for the week that I couldnt smell or taste anything!

20220604_200934 (resized).jpg20220604_200934 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#3592 1 year ago

Not to get political but celebrating a favorable sc decision! Oliva Melanio!

20220623_202758 (resized).jpg20220623_202758 (resized).jpg
#3595 1 year ago

How is the juan Lopez? Never had one.

#3605 1 year ago

Cohiba - Nice cigar!!

2 weeks later
#3695 1 year ago

Just tried one of these for the first time. Plasencia Alma Fuerte Nestor IV. Really nice cigar! I'll definitely be buying more! Now I want to try one of the Plasencia Hex that spfxted mentioned!

20220711_192148 (resized).jpg20220711_192148 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#3760 1 year ago

Man, that all looks great!! How many people was that food for? An army? Nice!

1 week later
#3785 1 year ago

So reflecting back on a comment SPFXTED made a while back, I got to wondering what people would say are their top 5 cigars. For me, I would probably list them in this order:
1. Cohiba Esplendido
2. Hoyo De Monterrey Churchill
3. Montecristo No.2
4. Plasencia Alma Fuerta Nestor
5. Oliva Melanio, either Toro, Figurado, or something similarly sized
Oh, and I have to throw in the Feral Pig, maybe around no.3, which I just tried and greatly enjoyed!

What do you guys think?

feral (resized).jpgferal (resized).jpg
1 week later
#3825 1 year ago
Quoted from spfxted:

....a few recent sticks....
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Love the Alma Fuertes! How are the others by comparison? I haven't tried any of those.

3 weeks later
#3905 1 year ago

Hey guys- Just a quick public service announcement. My wife bought some cigars for me a while back from Cigars International. Apparently there is some small print during the order process that she didn't see which tells them to start charging you a monthly $14.95 for some special club membership that from what I can see provides no known benefit.

She is trying to get them to remove the charges but according to others on-line this is a known scam they use and they are very uncooperative about refunding the monthly charges.

#3908 1 year ago

I haven't had any problems with Fox either.

1 week later
#3940 1 year ago

That's not good news. Even before Ian, the places I usually deal with have been out of many of my favorites, and the prices of some of the others have absolutely SKYROCKETED! Prices on some brands have gone from $15-18 per stick up to $40! Maybe I'll have better luck with other suppliers, or I'll just have to stick to the Nicaraguans for now.

1 month later
#4010 1 year ago

So what do you guys use for cigar humidors? Anybody using an electronic cooler/humidifier? Historically, I have just stuck my cigar boxes in zip lock bags with a Boveda or piece of damp paper towel balled up inside to keep the humidity up. Crude, but has always worked reasonably well. As long as I re-moisten the paper towel every week or two, and store the cigars in my basement level, where it tends to stay a bit cooler year round.

But with cigar costs shooting up recently, it occurs to me I might want to look into something a little more reliable, lest I damage several hundreds of dollars of cigars (or more) through inattention! Also, I mostly store my cigars in the boxes they came in. The handful of loose cigars I purchase I just store in a previously used but empty cedar box from past purchases.

Also, I'm looking for something that will store maybe 6 or 8 boxes max.

1 week later
#4062 1 year ago

I try to avoid anything and everything that goes woke out of principle.

3 weeks later
#4116 1 year ago

How are those? Fox has them on sale today.

1 month later
#4213 1 year ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

It's very odd, but I've never had any kind of sensation (nicotine buzz) from smoking a cigar. Not even in the slightest.
If I took one drag on a cigarette, and inhaled the smoke, I'm sure I'd be dizzy.

I don't generally feel much nicotine buzz from cigars either. However, I've learned NOT to wipe down dirty old pinball cabinets without plastic gloves on. After hitting one particularly brownish nicotine stained em some time ago, I had a huge buzz. Heart a little skippy, light headed, the works! Must have absorbed a ton of nicotine through my bare skin when squirting the cabinet down with Fantastic and wiping with paper towels. Never again! LOL!

#4216 1 year ago

My only guess is that the fantastic does a great job of dissolving the cigarette smoke and nicotine which runs down the sides of the cabinet in brown rivers. Wiping it up with paper towels and bare hands probably let's it adsorb through the skin quickly. All I know is now I wear plastic gloves on really dirty cabinets and I don't get the buzz!

I never got a nicotine buzz from cigars. Cigarettes are a different thing. A couple of deep inhales and my head spins. Gave them up 15 years ago.

2 months later
#4364 1 year ago

Somebody settle an issue that occasionally comes up. I have always been of the opinion that cigars which come in their own cellophane sleeves tend (in general) to be lower quality than cigars which are sold in the box au natural. Some cigar shop owners I discuss this with vehemently disagree. But the cigars they then recommend don't usually float my boat. What does everybody think? Any remarkable cigars which would prove this theory wrong?

1 month later
#4578 10 months ago

Tried one of these last night with a glass of Tuscan red and a snifter of cognac. Excellent cigar but a little pricey for a frequent smoke. Special occasions only!

IMG_2833 (resized).jpegIMG_2833 (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#5197 8 months ago

That didn't look integrally suppressed to me. But it was a very short can, unless it was just a pig.

4 months later
#5697 4 months ago

Sitting here feeling sorry for myself. Haven't had a cigar in over a week. Covid positive again, despite the two shots and a booster nonsense. Worst part is I lost my taste and smell just like the first time I had covid. Hopefully it comes back again! Last time it returned after about 6 or 7 days. I'm on day 4 now.

2 months later
#5882 48 days ago

Spent 5 days in Grand Cayman. Great food, great snorkeling, and La Casa Del Habano! As soon as I get more money, I’m going back!

IMG_3317 (resized).jpegIMG_3317 (resized).jpegIMG_3278 (resized).jpegIMG_3278 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sbmania.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-of-you-guys-and-gals-cigar-smokers?tu=sbmania and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.