IMG_1328 (resized).jpg
IMG_8138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2034 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8110 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8111 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1310 (resized).jpg
20240410_171612 (resized).jpg
20240410_171650 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider newbieinkc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1827 3 years ago

Padron and Fuente is about as adventuristic as I get any more (maybe R&J if I can find a small-ish one). I also only have one or two when on vacation. I used to have a nicotine habit, and it is nice to enjoy a smoke occasionally. I prefer to buy a really good Scotch and a decent cigar instead of the other way around.

#1833 3 years ago

Anything bigger than a lonsdale with a shade wrapper is too much for me, but I sometimes like a rubusto for a shorter smoke. Is there anything in the $8 range that I need to try before I kick the bucket?

#1835 3 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

Have you been down the Arturo Fuente isle yet?

I mentioned earlier that Fuente is one of my go-to's. Good smokes. I just need to stick with something no bigger than a corona in a light wrapper or a rubusto in maduro (depending on companionship, scotch intensity, and spare time).

#1840 3 years ago

Not a pic, but a question. What should I do with the R+J Churchill tubos I bought when my boy was born? They are probably a bit dry, although they have been in a cheap humidor with less than perfect maintenance. He turns 18 soon, and it would be more of a symbolic gesture than anything else. Give it 4 months out of the tube and in a proper humidor and hope for the best? Mid February is the target date. The kid has had less than a coin flip of a chance to survive cancer each of three times (starting at age 5) and he is one of the best human beings on the planet. He would be polite if the cigar was total garbage, but I feel I owe it to him to have a backup if I am probably hosed.

#1845 3 years ago

Thanks for the info. I will try to nurse this one back. I have no problem with 70 degrees, but last check my humidor was about 60% humidity. The cigars are definitely firm but the wrappers are OK. Maybe it won't be a lost cause. I have read that decent, large cigars can handle a bit of humidor time. I haven't found a story of anyone waiting 18 years in less than ideal conditions, but I will let you know how it goes. If it sucks, I am good with an open wallet policy at the local shop to get something delicious.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider newbieinkc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-of-you-guys-and-gals-cigar-smokers?tu=newbieinkc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.