IMG_1328 (resized).jpg
IMG_8138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2034 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8110 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8111 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1310 (resized).jpg
20240410_171612 (resized).jpg
20240410_171650 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Skins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#71 10 years ago

My every day smoker is a Partagas Black 1845 Gigante.

My back up smoke is La Gloria serie R #6 or #7.

image-57.jpgimage-57.jpg

#73 10 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

thanks spfx I'll order some off that list, maybe a sample pack of each and see what I like I just flipped through the catalog and remember seeing many of those brands, so shouldn't be an issue getting them

Try as much variety as possible. try different ring gauges (diameter) and lengths as well as wrappers such as a maduro wrapper. As your taste become more refined you will settle into a type (gauge/length/wrapper) and will then gravitate to what tastes the best to you. I prefer around a 60 gauge, full bodied with a dark Maduro wrapper. From there how a cigar draws and if it burns even are just as important as taste IMHO.

Most of the "sampler" packs are junk with one or two good sticks in them. Stick to ted's list and try different variations of those. Or, find a shop that keeps track of your purchases and once you like one, they can recommend other brands based on your likes.

#79 10 years ago

I was given a Foundry Elements Carbon from my local shop to try yesterday. I just finished up my evening cigar. Very nice cigar for around a respectable $5ish price tag. 51/2 gauge, nice dark wrapper, even draw. Very good smoke. I recommend a try if you haven't already. I'll be adding some to my rotation in the future.

image-754.jpgimage-754.jpg

#114 10 years ago

My kids got me a cool cigar ashtray to use in my smoking room (aka the garage)

image-86.jpgimage-86.jpg

And my son, being a Call of Duty Black Ops nut had to buy me a nice Black Ops three flame lighter.

image-251.jpgimage-251.jpg

Ho-Ho-Ho!

#116 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Forget Thompson!

No shit. Don't ever, ever, give them your email. You will be spammed three times a day including Sundays.

Boo!

#123 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Love it! This is my favorite ashtray.

IMG_2748.JPG 189 KB

IMG_2749.JPG 182 KB

That is awesome!

2 weeks later
#135 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

The one I had was pretty darn big had a rectangle shape and wedge end.

LFD_Chapter_1_1-1024x576.jpg 11 KB

Rectangle shaped are "pressed" cigars. I have tried to like them. Can't get into them.

#137 10 years ago

For sure. I wasn't knocking them. Just giving you the term so you could ask for the type by name. I think it's a mental thing for me. Feels like in my hand I'm smoking a pencil. LoL

4 years later
#1487 6 years ago

Found my new favorite everyday stick. Tastes a lot like partagas black but half the price. Nice oily wrapper, full bodied with a nice draw and even burn. Every now and then I get a bum stick that draws for shit (like 1 in every 25 or so). They also can run and burn uneven at times but for roughly $4 per, the cost and great flavor are clear cut winners. It’s a biggun’ though. 6x60. 22EEE162-93E3-4125-9EB2-BB8E64E1B7EB (resized).jpeg22EEE162-93E3-4125-9EB2-BB8E64E1B7EB (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Skins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-of-you-guys-and-gals-cigar-smokers?tu=Skins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.