IMG_1328 (resized).jpg
IMG_8138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2034 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8110 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8111 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1310 (resized).jpg
20240410_171612 (resized).jpg
20240410_171650 (resized).jpg
There are 6,039 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 121.
TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#2 12 years ago

Yup, got a humidor full of Cubans I took up golf to support my cigar habit...LOL!

#3 12 years ago

Nice! What's your favorite Cuban?

ted_jake.jpgted_jake.jpg

#4 12 years ago

Right now I'm loving the spicyness of the Partagas Serie D No 4. I'm a Robusto fan mainly. I also enjoy the Ramone Allones Specially Selected, and it's cheaper too. I've got about 4 years on a box of little Cuaba Divinos, and they are quite tasty when I feel like a smaller cigar. Of course I enjoy the old favorites like Cohiba, and Montecristo too.

#5 12 years ago

I love a fresh Black & Mild.

#6 12 years ago

Yeah, a Partagas Salomon is a favorite. Cohiba next...

chiller_cigar_club_art.jpgchiller_cigar_club_art.jpg

#7 12 years ago

Love that pic! That's what I look like after an all day golf/cigar tournament...

#8 12 years ago

Hah! We have a Cigar Club.
www.chillertheatrecigarclub.com

#9 12 years ago

Only Cuban I ever had was from a Canadian friend who smuggled it across the border in College. Of course, I was an 18 yr old kid so I wasn't able to fully appreciate it.

#10 12 years ago

I like Punch Rothschild's mom_n_cigar.jpgmom_n_cigar.jpg

#11 12 years ago
Quoted from TZ68:

I like Punch Rothschild's

Agreed, great cigar!

#12 12 years ago

I enjoy smoking cigars. Occasionally I will sit and enjoy a nice sophisticated cigar. However, my favorite are definitely not high end but remind me a lot of what Clint Eastwood smoked in those Westerns back in the day. Backwoods cigars don't take an hour to finish and go well with a cold beverage.

#13 12 years ago

Been a fan of Gurkha cigars as of late.

#14 12 years ago

Whoa TZ68...I just noticed the cigar!

#16 12 years ago

smaller

cigar%20sign.jpgcigar%20sign.jpg

#17 12 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Whoa TZ68...I just noticed the cigar!

Thanks..that's my beautiful wife of 20 years..

#18 12 years ago

AND a cigar smoker! Love it!
Here's my wife...

girl_with_cigar.jpggirl_with_cigar.jpg

#19 12 years ago

Just kidding! This is me and my wife...

#20 12 years ago

I always enjoy a good cigar! Although I'm not really a smoker, I just hate the feeling the next day after smoking one.

#21 12 years ago

If it's a really good cigar you shouldn't feel anything or have much of an aftertaste the next day...

#22 12 years ago

I smoke cigars here and there, not so much these days though. Only Cuban though.

Scotch Whisky is where it's at.

#23 12 years ago
Quoted from Berserk:

I always enjoy a good cigar! Although I'm not really a smoker, I just hate the feeling the next day after smoking one.

that feeling the next day (like an empty pit in your stomach) is you withdrawing from nicotine, your brain screaming for more nicotine.

#24 12 years ago

I read somewhere the 1 cigar is the equivalent to 8 cigarettes.

#25 12 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I read somewhere the 1 cigar is the equivalent to 8 cigarettes.

Hmmm, could be. You should never inhale a cigar though. The nicotine is absorbed through the mouth giving you that little buzz. I only smoke one or two a week during the golf season, so it's a pretty light habit for me. I wouldn't even call it a habit I guess.

#26 12 years ago

I did not know that about inhaling a cigar. I'm a nicotine virgin... LOL....

#27 12 years ago

I smoke cigars. I prefer Maduros. Onyx is my brand of choice. Great taste and not too expensive.
I mainly smoke when deployed as it is a social thing for me. A bunch of us would get together after dinner chow to chill out for a bit.
Also don't smoke much in the winter as it is too but ass cold outside. I don't smoke in the house.

#28 12 years ago

If not Cubans, you can't go wrong with Punch. Ted's Made By Hand is also a great medium smoke. (and, no, it's not me...it's by the guy who owns Makers Mark)

#29 12 years ago

I buy online from "Best Cigar Prices"..i can get 50 of the alternative to the punch roth's for less than $100

#30 12 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I did not know that about inhaling a cigar. I'm a nicotine virgin... LOL....

Yeah, it would only take one suck of breath followed by a supreme coughing and hacking fit to realize that you aren't supposed to inhale.

#31 12 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I'm a nicotine virgin... LOL....

Me too, cg. I've never even taken a single drag of a cigarette.

#32 12 years ago

Cigar smokers live a looooong time!

#33 12 years ago

It is my only vice.I am a semi-professional singer/dancer/actor. Not good on voice even if I do not inhale.I haved smoked a big cigar every night since 1995. My current Favorite is 'La Flor Dominicana' DL 700 big robust cigar. 7 inches long 60 ring gauge . You can get Them from Milan Tobacconist Roanoke ,VA. 155.00 shipped to your door 20 in a box.Telephone # 540-344-5191. If you are going to smuggle Cubans try to get MONTECRISTO # A 10 inches long full flavor.48 ring gauge. Keep your minds out of the gutters Boys. Peace,Love,Groovy

#34 12 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

If you are going to smuggle Cubans try to get MONTECRISTO # A 10 inches long full flavor.48 ring gauge

Most tobacco shops do have those cigars but the bands are marked dominican republic,That's the only way they get by to the states.

#35 12 years ago

I'll be puffin' on a stogie tonight with the boys! Porterhouse in Montvale, NJ...see yuz there...

#36 12 years ago

I'm a bit hung over from the Porterhouse BBQ Extravaganza last night...

#37 12 years ago

Eh!

ted_south_park_72.jpgted_south_park_72.jpg

6 months later
#38 11 years ago

I occasionally smoke a black and mild..........

#39 11 years ago

Ever been to J&R's in NJ Spf? I'm up in NJ a lot for work and have been known to visit J&R's and enjoy a few. Love that place.

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

The nicotine is absorbed through the mouth giving you that little buzz.

I smoked a cuban while in Jordan in the MiddleEast at a business dinner (years ago), damn if I didn't have the biggest buzz and get dizzy. Lightweight hand raised over here.

Anyone a pipe smoker? Used to love smoking pipes but alas, everyone always thinks wacky tobaccy.

#41 11 years ago

Mad love for a nice stick...!!!

Cigars_in_Vegas.jpgCigars_in_Vegas.jpg

#42 11 years ago
Quoted from LTW:

RobKnapp said:If you are going to smuggle Cubans try to get MONTECRISTO # A 10 inches long full flavor.48 ring gauge
Most tobacco shops do have those cigars but the bands are marked dominican republic,That's the only way they get by to the states.

The cigars marked dominican republic and not made I Cuba. They are knock offs of Cubans. While they can still be a deficient cigar, it's not the same. I have 30 up stairs in the humidor that a friend bought me in Miami. I Jason have plenty of Cubans to compare them to. My wife is Cuban and her mom and dad have worked in the cigar factorys for years. Not the same.

#43 11 years ago

I don't smoke them, but I have quite the collection left to me by my father in law. I let guests have them when they come to the pub.

zpfile000.jpgzpfile000.jpg zpfile001.jpgzpfile001.jpg zpfile000.jpgzpfile000.jpg zpfile001.jpgzpfile001.jpg zpfile002.jpgzpfile002.jpg

#44 11 years ago

Nice. I hope you keep them in a humidor.

#45 11 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

Nice. I hope you keep them in a humidor.

Humidor?! Whats that?

#46 11 years ago

I got a nice 25 box humodor setup that's got a lot of those......south of Miami cigars in it. Anyone who comes by to play is welcome to a smoke as well.

#47 11 years ago

More than 1/week (at least up here), you'll pay for it on your life insurance.

#48 11 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

Right now I'm loving the spicyness of the Partagas Serie D No 4. I'm a Robusto fan mainly. Of course I enjoy the old favorites like Cohiba, and Montecristo too.

A big +1 on the Partagas. My favorite Cuban brand by far... The monster Lusitanias are a thing of beauty, but the Serie D no4 is a fantastic choice.
As an addiction, cigars are a close 2nd behind pinball for me. My humidor is currently holding about 700 Cubans and maybe 300 non Cubans. I should be good for a while
Aged cigars are an exceptional treat.
My wife and I used to visit Havana and Varadero once or twice a year.

For non Cubans, I like Padron (1964s are great) and the occasional Davidoff. All very different animals.

Sadly, smoking cigars in Canada is a seasonal occupation. I just finished a Partagas Short a couple of hours ago. Very timely post!

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

Serie D no4 is a fantastic choice

#50 11 years ago

What is a good place to buy cigars online? I used to buy from Thompsons but they charge an additional $10 to ship to Alaska. That is BS as a single box of robustos will fit in a flat rate box. So I refuse to buy from them now.

There are 6,039 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 121.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-of-you-guys-and-gals-cigar-smokers?hl=drewbo81 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.