IMG_0007 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2157 (resized).jpg
IMG_2163 (resized).jpg
IMG_9525 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6616 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2121 (resized).jpg
IMG_2140 (resized).jpg
IMG_2141 (resized).jpg
There are 6,363 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 128.
#5751 6 months ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

I’ve not had it, but Sumatra and Mexican together…probably tastes like my dreams about Miranda Lambert…

I was referring to Gottlieb’s Masquerade being the #2 ranked EM on Pinside, but now I too want to try this Sumatra and Mexican cigar… lol

#5752 6 months ago

I should’ve mentioned I don’t like Corojo’s, but I took the recommendation and this is quite a tasty stick. Starbucks fucked up my order and added some sweetener, so anytime I had too much zestiness that I don’t dig from the Corojos the coffee would cut through just right. Not sure I would buy these often but it’s got a spot in the humidor for sure. Cheers fellas

IMG_5032 (resized).jpegIMG_5032 (resized).jpeg
#5753 6 months ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

Try the AB Double Broadleaf Toro. It’s anything but generic or underwhelming. Also, the Presado Churchill. I will say this, most AB’s need to rest a good while before smoking.
As for the Caldwell haters, they’ve never tried KiD (the King is Dead) in different sizes. I prefer the Last Payday (6x52 torpedo) for its all well rounded flavor and strength. It “checks all the boxes”. But the Broken Sword (5x40) is a little power house! Full body. Full flavor. A distinguished BoTL from this forum recently sent me a box of the Diamond Lady (6.5x42) and I’m anxious for a day in which I can smoke all 3 sizes and compare them.

lol turns out I bought the wrong King! I’ll pick one up before I leave and report back

#5754 6 months ago

Haven’t had one of these in awhile they are scattered throughout the humis.

IMG_6621 (resized).jpegIMG_6621 (resized).jpeg
#5755 6 months ago

Saka Red Meat Lovers. Easy to tell who made it. Maybe my mind is playing trick on me, but every now and then I have a lingering after taste that the only way I can describe it is take a piece of bread after you carve a prime rib and soak up the juices on the cutting board and eat the bread…make sense? Like every 4th or 5th puff, I kinda taste a bit of bovine

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#5756 6 months ago

Having the last of the Punch Spring Rolls while I finish up the Starlink install. I’m wearing shorts today doing chores and putting up Christmas. When I leave for the panhandle Thursday to hunt quail, the high for the next 5 days will be 25°. Crazy shit

#5757 6 months ago
Quoted from nickrivers:

I should’ve mentioned I don’t like Corojo’s, but I took the recommendation and this is quite a tasty stick. Starbucks fucked up my order and added some sweetener, so anytime I had too much zestiness that I don’t dig from the Corojos the coffee would cut through just right. Not sure I would buy these often but it’s got a spot in the humidor for sure. Cheers fellas
[quoted image]

Corojo is either done right or horribly wrong. Seriously, when it’s bad, I can’t stand it. But when it’s right, pure divinity!

I’m not as big a fan of the newer Caldwell lines as I am the KiD. They all smoke fine, but whatever they did for KiD was lightning in a wrapper!

#5758 6 months ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

Corojo is either done right or horribly wrong. Seriously, when it’s bad, I can’t stand it. But when it’s right, pure divinity!
I’m not as big a fan of the newer Caldwell lines as I am the KiD. They all smoke fine, but whatever they did for KiD was lightning in a wrapper!

Couldn't agree more. I don't smoke often, but I know what I like and Corojo is not it. I think back to when I was a teenager and my friend worked for a tobacco distributor, he would give us sticks that we're bitter and awful. When I see those bands now they're almost always Corojos. Not a Connecticut guy either, but at least a bad one is smokeable ffs.

#5759 6 months ago
Quoted from nickrivers:

Couldn't agree more. I don't smoke often, but I know what I like and Corojo is not it. I think back to when I was a teenager and my friend worked for a tobacco distributor, he would give us sticks that we're bitter and awful. When I see those bands now they're almost always Corojos. Not a Connecticut guy either, but at least a bad one is smokeable ffs.

Corojo and Connecticut seeds seem to be more greatly effected by country if cultivation than other seeds such as Criollo and Habano. There are very few CT shade cigars that I enjoy (and even fewer Broadleaf, but when BL is right, not much is better). Try the Aganorsa Validacion or Aladino Corojo. Hell, send me a PM and I’ll send you some to try.

#5760 6 months ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

Saka Red Meat Lovers.

I go to a lot of their events. Always good steak and cigars!

red meat lovers club Novenber 2021 (resized).jpgred meat lovers club Novenber 2021 (resized).jpg
#5761 6 months ago
IMG_0551 (resized).jpegIMG_0551 (resized).jpegIMG_0571 (resized).jpegIMG_0571 (resized).jpegIMG_0579 (resized).jpgIMG_0579 (resized).jpgIMG_0580 (resized).jpgIMG_0580 (resized).jpgIMG_0587 (resized).jpgIMG_0587 (resized).jpgIMG_0588 (resized).jpgIMG_0588 (resized).jpgIMG_0595 (resized).jpgIMG_0595 (resized).jpg
#5762 6 months ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I go to a lot of their events. Always good steak and cigars!
[quoted image]

So, you were at a Dunbarton event, but did you try the Red Meat Lovers?

#5763 6 months ago

PlanetExpress turned me on to these. I go through a cabinet per month.

Hey planet, one of the local shops has some 7 year aged Illusione Ultra coronas. I grabbed one. Gonna smoke it later. If they’re what I’m expecting, I’ll grab the rest of the box for you because from what I remember, it’s your kind of smoke (though I haven’t had one in 4-6 years)

#5764 6 months ago

I have a couple of those I haven’t tried yet cause I wasn’t sure how good they would be. I’ll check one out soon. Still recovering from the common cold then we have - temps coming in so we’ll see when I can get around to having another.

#5765 6 months ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

PlanetExpress turned me on to these. I go through a cabinet per month.
Hey planet, one of the local shops has some 7 year aged Illusione Ultra coronas. I grabbed one. Gonna smoke it later. If they’re what I’m expecting, I’ll grab the rest of the box for you because from what I remember, it’s your kind of smoke (though I haven’t had one in 4-6 years)
[quoted image]

Awesome, I’ve never tried the Ultra Corona.

#5766 6 months ago

Lots of great reviews about this one…I was very much disappointed. Burned fine. Better than average draw. But, all the flavors seemed to be very masked on under developed if this makes any sense? Maybe it just really needs some age? Maybe the 60 ring gauge?

IMG_1235 (resized).jpegIMG_1235 (resized).jpeg
#5767 6 months ago

A bit of rain today, so I’m sneaking a rare afternoon cigar under the eaves of the villa while the wife has a siesta. Bahamas FTW

IMG_1943 (resized).jpegIMG_1943 (resized).jpeg
#5768 6 months ago
Quoted from PlanetExpress:

A bit of rain today, so I’m sneaking a rare afternoon cigar under the eaves of the villa while the wife has a siesta. Bahamas FTW [quoted image]

Of course you’d be in the Bahamas while the rest of us are gonna freeze to death! It’s gonna be below zero in OKC, so I can only imagine how frigid it’s gonna get in your hood…EJS sorry bout your luck too!

#5769 6 months ago

Slowly getting better. My sinuses are still plugged so this seemed like a mild stick last night

IMG_6681 (resized).jpegIMG_6681 (resized).jpeg
#5770 6 months ago

I never smoke inside my condo. Just on my balcony. No smoke near Eddie. I've smoked the same kind every day for three years (one a night) 0-15 (resized).jpg0-15 (resized).jpg

#5771 6 months ago

Sun is back today…. Alas, tomorrow I return to the mid-west deep freeze.

IMG_1948 (resized).jpegIMG_1948 (resized).jpeg

Lighting with a bic with constant 15mph wind off the ocean was a challenge, but I’m not letting that stop me. I used to have a few travel torches that took a disposable lighter looking insert, but TSA still takes them out of our bag every few trips, even when you separate the parts. Just picked up a couple more for future trips (on clearance at REI: https://www.rei.com/product/148567/soto-pocket-torch-with-refillable-lighter?sku=1485670001)

#5772 6 months ago

Sun is back today…. Alas, tomorrow I return to the mid-west deep freeze.
[quoted image]
Lighting with a bic with constant 15mph wind off the ocean was a challenge, but I’m not letting that stop me. I used to have a few travel torches that took a disposable lighter looking insert, but TSA still takes them out of our bag every few trips, even when you separate the parts. Just picked up a couple more for future trips (on clearance at REI: https://www.rei.com/product/148567/soto-pocket-torch-with-refillable-lighter?sku=1485670001)

Good choice!

#5773 6 months ago

Agreed, I think the “Diamond Girl” size is my favorite of the lineup, but I haven’t tried the bellicoso. Seems to me like the extra length keeps the tar buildup down vs the “Broken Sword”. I like both the skinny ones better than the Robusto or Toro sizes, but that’s common for me.

#5774 6 months ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

So, you were at a Dunbarton event, but did you try the Red Meat Lovers?

Sorry to say I did not.....
.....my latest adventures....

IMG_0608 (resized).jpegIMG_0608 (resized).jpegIMG_0609 (resized).jpegIMG_0609 (resized).jpegIMG_0610 (resized).jpegIMG_0610 (resized).jpegIMG_0612 (resized).jpegIMG_0612 (resized).jpeg
#5775 6 months ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Sorry to say I did not.....
.....my latest adventures....
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

JC is always a great choice. If you like the LFD’s you got, try the Double Ligero. I think you’ll really like the LFD DL based off how much you enjoy Liga Privada.

#5776 6 months ago

I’ve never been an Ashton smoker. Their offerings are top quality (manufactured by Arturo Fuente), but the cigars have never satisfied my palate. For some reason, I tried the Ashton Symmetry. Wow! Amazing. If you’ve ever smoked a Bolivar Belicoso and thought the final 1/3 was the most amazing smoke ever, all I can say is try this because it’s an entire cigar that tastes like that final 1/3 (though actually more full bodied). I’m gonna try one or two more sizes and figure out which is best so I can get a box

IMG_1250 (resized).jpegIMG_1250 (resized).jpeg
#5777 6 months ago

It’s 7°. Snow stopped. I’m out helping a buddy feed cows and chop ice on water tanks. Good time for an El Baton Robusto

IMG_1255 (resized).jpegIMG_1255 (resized).jpeg
#5778 6 months ago

This one caught my eye after all the Aganorsa talk. The aromas were amazing both unlit and lit. Great construction and draw. Unfortunately it was very mild overall for my taste. Left a lot to be desired, but the mild flavor paired well with some Mezcal cocktails that my buddy had made.

I got another one to rest, but the overall quality definitely peaked my interest in Aganorsa.

IMG_5138 (resized).jpegIMG_5138 (resized).jpeg
#5779 6 months ago
Quoted from nickrivers:

This one caught my eye after all the Aganorsa talk. The aromas were amazing both unlit and lit. Great construction and draw. Unfortunately it was very mild overall for my taste. Left a lot to be desired, but the mild flavor paired well with some Mezcal cocktails that my buddy had made.
I got another one to rest, but the overall quality definitely peaked my interest in Aganorsa.
[quoted image]

I tried one last week, my least favorite Aganorsa of those I’ve tried.. I’m not much of a maduro fan, so not really a surprise. I think anyone who is a fan of the Liga line would likely enjoy this stick, too.

#5780 6 months ago

I tried one last week, my least favorite Aganorsa of those I’ve tried.. I’m not much of a maduro fan, so not really a surprise. I think anyone who is a fan of the Liga line would likely enjoy this stick, too.

Agreed. The best Maduro coming from Aganorsa is the JFR Lunatic. The Validacion in both Connecticut and Habano are outstanding-though I prefer the CT. PlanetExpress have you tried the above mentioned Habano?

#5781 6 months ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

Agreed. The best Maduro coming from Aganorsa is the JFR Lunatic. The Validacion in both Connecticut and Habano are outstanding-though I prefer the CT. PlanetExpress have you tried the above mentioned Habano?

No, I’ll add the Habano to my “must try” list.

#5782 6 months ago

No, I’ll add the Habano to my “must try” list.

It’s not as exceptional as the Validacion CT, but it’s a good smoke. I’d smoke it before dozens of other Habano choices.

#5783 6 months ago

Solid smoke so far. Reminds me of a stronger Flor De Las Antillas, which I feel is an underwhelming smoke, so the increase in strength is welcomed. Instead of straight Potpourri, this is met with some beefy earth tones. Lots of Terrior in this one. Not as much smoke as I’d like, but I’m not a fan of the shop I purchased this in’s humidor. They always need a good seasoning compared to my other shop.

Thanks for the rec Ryan

IMG_5169 (resized).jpegIMG_5169 (resized).jpeg
#5784 6 months ago

Yeah, on the final third of this and I definitely underestimated it. Had some burn issues and evened out, putting out a low of smoke now. Full of leather, tons of sweet dark chocolate. It’s a sleeper for sure, and a curveball to my usual palette. Cheers.

#5785 6 months ago

PlanetExpress how old do you think this box is? 10 years? The cellophane looks horrific, but the cigar still smokes like a dream.

By the way, at last count I’m at 50+ boxes…someone needs to come help me smoke all these damned things!

#5786 6 months ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

PlanetExpress how old do you think this box is? 10 years? The cellophane looks horrific, but the cigar still smokes like a dream.
By the way, at last count I’m at 50+ boxes…someone needs to come help me smoke all these damned things!
[quoted image]

I would agree with -10yrs, as Casa Fernandez broke with Pepin Garcia around 2011 and would have started their production of Casa Fernandez Miami Aganorsa in 2012’ish.

If my travels ever take me to OKC, I’ll 100% take your offer up!

#5787 6 months ago

Football and cigars....

IMG_0626 (resized).jpegIMG_0626 (resized).jpegIMG_0628 (resized).jpegIMG_0628 (resized).jpegIMG_0636 (resized).jpgIMG_0636 (resized).jpgIMG_0650 (resized).jpgIMG_0650 (resized).jpgIMG_0651 (resized).jpgIMG_0651 (resized).jpg
#5788 6 months ago

51 was as warm as I could get the garage to put parts away for work. I figured as long as it was this warm, I might as well fire this up.

IMG_6787 (resized).jpegIMG_6787 (resized).jpeg
#5789 6 months ago

Sparked this one up. I don’t even know what this is, a corona? I’m sure they got a spiffy name for it. Anyways I’m a bit of a size queen and smoke mostly toros, but this is smoking quite nice. There’s a subtle aroma and flavor that’s reminiscent of smoking black and milds as a teenager…..in a good way.

IMG_5193 (resized).jpegIMG_5193 (resized).jpeg
#5790 6 months ago
Quoted from nickrivers:

Sparked this one up. I don’t even know what this is, a corona? I’m sure they got a spiffy name for it. Anyways I’m a bit of a size queen and smoke mostly toros, but this is smoking quite nice. There’s a subtle aroma and flavor that’s reminiscent of smoking black and milds as a teenager…..in a good way.
[quoted image]

I like the Tuxtla as well so I looked it up. They do call it a corona. I was surprised to see they have the Tatuaje band on most of them since mine do not. I bought the variation that comes wrapped in paper with a sticker on it like your buying meat at the butcher shop.

#5791 6 months ago
Quoted from EJS:

I like the Tuxtla as well so I looked it up. They do call it a corona. I was surprised to see they have the Tatuaje band on most of them since mine do not. I bought the variation that comes wrapped in paper with a sticker on it like your buying meat at the butcher shop.

I’ve seen them both ways. I was going to suggest that it may be dependent on the size-which have the Tatuaje band and which do not-but I don’t remember which I’ve seen with and which without. Regardless, they’re a great smoke.

#5792 5 months ago

From last night….

IMG_6826 (resized).jpegIMG_6826 (resized).jpeg
#5793 5 months ago

Going with a budget stick tonight. At least I’m calling it that but it’s pretty good!

IMG_6847 (resized).jpegIMG_6847 (resized).jpeg
#5794 5 months ago

Going to St. Augustine FL in May for a wedding. Anyone have a cigar lounge or pinball arcade they could recommend?

#5795 5 months ago

Taking advantage of the mild night…..

IMG_1950 (resized).jpegIMG_1950 (resized).jpeg
#5796 5 months ago

Taking advantage of the mild night…..
[quoted image]

Same! I’ve been staring at this one in humi for over a year for whatever reason. Sick of looking at it so here we go! Don’t know why I waited this long…

IMG_6879 (resized).jpegIMG_6879 (resized).jpeg
#5797 5 months ago

Has anyone tried the Colonel EH Taylor Corojo? It's my favorite bourbon, or used to be anyways, but I hear most of those Bourbon Brand cigars are trash. And its a Corojo, so double the trash.

#5798 5 months ago

First time smoking this one. Terrible draw to start, but great flavor. Might be a box pick for me if this is an anomaly for their quality.

IMG_5224 (resized).jpegIMG_5224 (resized).jpeg
#5799 5 months ago
Quoted from nickrivers:

Has anyone tried the Colonel EH Taylor Corojo? It's my favorite bourbon, or used to be anyways, but I hear most of those Bourbon Brand cigars are trash. And its a Corojo, so double the trash.

The only bourbon brand cigar that I’ve ever thought much of is the Pappy Van Winkle. I have not tried the Col Taylor bourbon or cigar so I have no opinions. As for Corojo, not all Corojo is the same. Aladino is by far the benchmark for Corojo grower and manufacturer of Corojo cigars.

#5800 5 months ago
Quoted from nickrivers:

I’d rather see someone dip the end of their cigar in bourbon before cutting than buy a bourbon flavored cigar, but neither is my thing. Bourbon in a glass next to a cigar works for me.

There are 6,363 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 128.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.