Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by EM-PINMAN
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Ive had this Pat Hand working great several times. The opposite is true also. Its stops working when it wants. I haven't had much experience with EM's before this. I know its all missaligned switches but I cant get them right. Id be happy to compensate. A little cash, some beer, play my collection(small as it may be)? Im tired of messing with it. It would be nice if someone that knew what they were doing could show me what im doing wrong.

#2 11 years ago

I'm going to move this topic over to the EM hangout section so it can be seen more

#3 11 years ago

The key to EM's is and always will be PATIENCE.

I do not know if you have ever fully shopped the machine but that is also key to keep a machine 35+ years old going 100%. A 4 player shop job generally takes me 100+ hours to go thru everything.

Williams EM's are very dependable machines once you have them dialed in, way more so then Gottlieb IMHO. I shopped my Space Odyssey when I first bought over a year ago and still no problems, yes over a year!

The guy who will do the best job working on the machine is you, and only you. Anyone else will just come over fix the immediate problem then a month later you will be back to square one with it not working.

Get yourself a TOP 1 video and a Manual on EM repair like I did and it will help you immensely.

I too was like you when I had my first EM but at $75.00 an hour for a repair guy I did not trust, I knew I had to do it all myself and have.

The guys on this forum will help you when you need information on a problem so no worries, just get your EM tools out and be prepared when the advice comes.

Ken

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-nova-local-guys-good-with-ems and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.