(Topic ID: 45208)

Any Non-AC/DC fans have the game and love it?

By beefzap

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by copperpot
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

The only thing keeping me from buying an AC/DC is the fact that I am not a fan of the band. Don't hate them, their music is OK but not in my top 50 bands (sue me) (and see my Pink Floyd pinball thread). Those that have the game and are not thrilled with AC/DC.....what do you think?

#2 11 years ago

I would say of you are not overly effected by the call outs and voices on other games it won't be an issue. The game play is awesome, my games are right below my daughters room so they are always turned down, so the music isn't that prominent and is pretty seamless with the gameplay. The game play is awesome.

#3 11 years ago

I had originally decided to pass because of the band. I still think the face on the pro is a little much, but you just don't notice it during gameplay. I thought I would get sick of AC/DC songs but there are too many to get stuck on one. I really like the implementation of the music on this pin.

#4 11 years ago

I had a ACDC LTBR edition and I recently traded it only because I got a Tron LE and with the knowledge that I could get a premium.
To answer your question I am not a huge fan of ACDC their music is good but I do not love it. I absolutely loved ACDC and will get another ASAP. It is a great game!!
Good luck with your decision.

#5 11 years ago

I my self wouldn't have bought one if I didn't like AC/DC. That's why I didn't buy a Rolling Stones. Don't like their music. Even if it played awesome,I still wouldn't have bought one.

#6 11 years ago

I am not a big fan but the music is great when playing this awesome game.

#7 11 years ago

I like ACDC but this pin has me throwing up the horns when I hear them on the radio now.

#8 11 years ago

I do not own a single ac/dc song but just caved and bought a premium.

I've had Tron for 6 months and the tron music hasn't gotten repetitive, so I doubt this will affect me much.

I avoided the Pro for the Angus face, plus from my time on the game, the premium just feels better plus the light show is awesome, so premium all the way.

#9 11 years ago

Pink Floyd over AC/DC you must be choking? I like the band but wanted more creation in this pin and miss the call outs. I like GNR and Elvus better from a gameplay status not arguing rule set or programming just pure play. Sue me.

#10 11 years ago

I had never bought an ACDC CD/tape before, so while I knew some of their songs from radio, I was never a big fan. Didn't hate them, but didn't love them either.

Like Pavlov and his dog's, I now LOVE ACDC's music because of this pin. At least the Bon Scott era stuff.

Its a fantastic pin, regardless of your thoughts for the music

#11 11 years ago

Many times in threads owners have admitted not loving the band. They chose catchy tunes for the pin and it works. It's just fun.

#12 11 years ago

I don't own any of their music...just their pin

#13 11 years ago

Never really cared for their music, but now that i have the game, the music is a blast to play along with. The wife likes it as well, plus the game kicks ass so it was a win win.

#14 11 years ago

I only have their BIB CD. I like their music but wouldn't call myself a big fan. Never been to a concert. This wasn't a "Must buy" until I played it. Except for LTBR, the music was a good choice and fits the game well. This is one pin I don't like playing unless it is cranked up.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from kyle051777:

I had a ACDC LTBR edition and I recently traded it only because I got a TRON LE and with the knowledge that I could get a premium.
To answer your question I am not a huge fan of ACDC their music is good but I do not love it. I absolutely loved ACDC and will get another ASAP. It is a great game!!
Good luck with your decision.

And what a nice guy it was that traded you that Tron LE.....

#16 11 years ago

I too had never bought a ACDC CD before buying the pin. I was a huge GnR & Metallica guy back in the 80's-90's. After picking up my LE I really came to appreciate some of the great songs they had.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

I too had never bought a ACDC CD before buying the pin. I was a huge GnR & Metallica guy back in the 80's-90's. After picking up my LE I really came to appreciate some of the great songs they had.

Im with ya bro! You in for Metallica?

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

Im with ya bro! You in for Metallica?

Doubtful....Have a Restored AFM coming soon & a near HUO Breakshot so My pin fund/space is stretched a lil. Unless one of the LE's looks off the charts & it has a great looking PF i'm most likely out for now.

#19 11 years ago

I'm not a big AC/DC fan, but I like the band.

#20 11 years ago

When I first heard about an ACDC pin I thought it was a terrible idea. I listened to them when I was like twelve and thought I had grown out of them long ago.

I don't even own the pin but after playing it a bunch I went out and bought like four of their albums again.

It may not bother you, you may even begin to like it

#21 11 years ago

Bullshit. How can you not like one the greatest rock bands of all time. You yahoos! The pin is one thing but the music and band is another. Go ahead and like trendy alternative bs. Music will never be the same and the area is done just like 90 eras pins until something new and creative is made.

#22 11 years ago

if you don't like the theme don't buy the machine.

#23 11 years ago

I'm not a big fan of AC dc but I do like most if the songs and the odd 1 or 2 in the game I'm not fussy on but doesn't make it a bad game overall its epic so far SR best game and let's hope that Star Trek le tops it

#24 11 years ago

My game is just due to be delivered today, but I have played it many times before. I am not a huge fan of the band, but do like some of their more popular hits. Playing the game though, it's hard not to get pulled in. The music seems well placed and the game is just great in design. I don't suspect I will have a problem falling in love with the game, despite the fact that it's not my favorite band.

#25 11 years ago

Buy the pin...I bet you will start liking the band too! Both kick ass IMHO.

#26 11 years ago

We have a juke box with 100 CD's in it and there isn't a single AC/DC album in it. We have had over 50 pinball machines and now have only one. That one is AC/DC. It is by far, THE best pin I have ever owned...and I've owned them all.

Does that answer your question?

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

I'm not a big fan of AC dc but I do like most if the songs and the odd 1 or 2 in the game I'm not fussy on but doesn't make it a bad game overall its epic so far SR best game and let's hope that Star Trek le tops it

Oh I did not read the thread correctly who have the game and love it
I love it but don't own it

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

if you don't like the theme don't buy the machine.

Themes draw us in, but to me gameplay is what makes or breaks the game.

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

Themes draw us in, but to me gameplay is what makes or breaks the game.

But what makes "gameplay". Rules? PF design? Theme?

#30 11 years ago

I'm a casual ACDC fan...like the hits...used to love going to the fair and getting on a ride that spins around faster and faster while while the Carnies are playing Hells Bells...only CD I own is Who Made Who...crank the radio when they come on in the car...ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE PIN!!!

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

But what makes "gameplay". Rules? PF design? Theme?

Rules
PF design
flow
toys

#32 11 years ago

I was into AC/DC a bit during the early eighties as a teenager, but never bought any of their vinyl. I bought a couple of their albums on CD a few years ago, and have bought a few more since I picked up a NIB Premium last year.

The pin just rocks! An excellent ruleset, a good choice of tracks to play along to, and an amazing lightshow on the Premium/LE with the colour changing LEDs.

I would have bought the game even if I hadn't been a fan of the group.

#33 11 years ago

I'm not a big fan of ACDC at all, but that pin kicks ass.

-Wes

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 29.95
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

16,500 (Firm)
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-non-acdc-fans-have-the-game-and-love-it and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.