Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1127.JPG
IMG_1126.jpg
IMG_1122.JPG
IMG_1117.JPG
tfxmas.jpg
There are 277 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
#251 11 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Stern call about sponsoring your Nascar this upcoming season?

If you ain't first, your last. I can't have them on my car. I want to win.

#252 11 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Stern call about sponsoring your Nascar this upcoming season?

Yeaahhhhhh.. I got nothing.

#253 11 years ago

Only 357 days until next Christmas.

#254 11 years ago

I got my TF LE combo on Dec 27. Had to wait a day for the leg brackets to arrive from pinball life. Got it all set up on Friday Dec 28.

There were a couple of technical QC issues out of the box. Optimus was not sensitive enough (pretty solid hits would not register). So I unhooked one of the two springs that pull OP back after hits. Much better now. I may add the washers under the switch too but we'll see how it is after a few more plays. Also, my drop target switch would not work. Target would go up and down, but when it was down, the machine would not tell that it was down. So Megatron MB would never get started. Found that one of the wires came loose from a connector. Hooked it back up and it was good to go.

Megatron trough stacking has been pretty good. Once in a while it's not perfect, but no big complaints there.

I asked Stern for a update kit to fix the air balls, but it has not arrived yet. Some airballs but not too many so far.

All in all, pretty good QC wise. No major issues. Distributor (Starburst in Toronto) was great to work with and very willing to help with any QC issues. Highly recommended.

My first impressions of the game are awesome. I love the look of the LE. It looks so much better than the pro. LED's really pop. Powder coating looks amazing. Great looking machine all around. I think its even better optically than my Xmen LE Magneto. Combo is the way to go IMO.

Gameplay has been super fun. And I love the LE additions. Starscream adds challenge and randomness. I was worried that I would not like the Ironhide mini playfield, but I think its a blast so far. Great change of pace, useful bounses, and its great to start double scoring and then Ironhide as you can rack up the bonuses. Shaker motor seems a bit mild compared to other games even on maximum.

After lots of plays, I have really warmed up to the modes. I think they are different, fun and challenging. Sure they may be a bit generic in that there is no specific reason why you shoot any particular shot at any time (just make 10 or 11 shots), but each mode is different and most importantly FUN!

What sets this game over the top for me (and really adds to the modes) is the sound. Love the music, sound effects and callouts. Blackout and Shockwave sound awesome. Each one sounds and feels different. Great sound FX for super pops and super spinners. I was not a high fan of the movies or the cartoon growing up, so the voice differences between OP and MT don't bother me that much.

Its a fast and intense game. Similar to IM in that its an adrenaline rush.

I played a lot of the pro before deciding on getting this. Liked it more the more I played it, and after watching a lot of video of the LE, I thought it would be worth it for the extras. Got it for a great price too. I debated between this and Avengers LE. After dealing with the code issues for my NIB Xmen, I thought I'd pick up TF LE as it is near complete code wise and allegedly getting a polish up soon. Really happy with my choice so far. Avengers looks fun and great to see that it is getting great reviews. I will consider getting an LE in a few months if still available, or maybe a premium if they make them - once they get the code more or less finished.

I think with a code update, this game will go up in value. People will soon see that this is in fact a great game. Fun, fast, amazing looking and sounding.

Just my 2 cents.

#255 11 years ago

So, the promised holiday Transformers update never materialized. Color me surprised. Will add it to the long list of broken promises from Stern Pinball on the Transformers game.

#257 11 years ago

Lame and something I plan to ask gomez at TPF if its not done by then. Good news is the game is complete and already good. Code update was hopefully just polishing a couple things (mb progression). My only reason for being upset is because they said it was coming. A simple note saying it was pushed or is still being worked on would have gone a long way. Heck they could have even said it was put on the back burner due to (fill in blank) and that would have been cool.

#258 11 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

My first impressions of the game are awesome.

Glad you are enjoying your game. The one similarity it has to IM (for me at least), is that it kicks your butt and I always come back for more. I LOVE that.

Greg ((RareHero, RareHero, RareHero) Lol) had a fix for the OP sensitivity over on KLOV. The link follows, but I'm not sure if you'll see it if you're not a member. Let me know, I can send you the info via PM if you need.

http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=216932

I think the code update will come. It's a shame it didn't arrive for Christmas, but better late than never.

Enjoy!

Chris

#259 11 years ago

They did say it was coming just last week on Face Book.

#260 11 years ago

Thanks Chris! I just checked on the link and I can view it. Optimus could be a bit more sensitive and I may add the washers. Going to see how it breaks in over the next few days. I agree about the kick your butt aspect. Not sure I have to worry about the roadblock as I may not get there! Love it so far.

#261 11 years ago

I just bent the switch a bit more, same thing.
A ball hardly hits him now and it scores.
Makes the game so much better than having to knock hos balls off to
active OP.

#262 11 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Not sure I have to worry about the roadblock as I may not get there! Love it so far.

Lol. Yea, me neither.

#263 11 years ago

I think every TF owner would happily wait a bit for a great update. Quality over speed. It's just that stern got our hopes up for a Christmas release. Ongoing good communication from stern would really help.

#264 11 years ago

Just another little cool thing to add would be a dirty pool type award for getting in the Megatron trough with the target still up.

#265 11 years ago
Quoted from SideTrackTap:

Greg ((RareHero, RareHero, RareHero) Lol) had a fix for the OP sensitivity over on KLOV.

*pop* ...YO!

I actually posted that fix on Pinside within the last few months in one of the TF threads somewhere.

#266 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

*pop* ...YO!
I actually posted that fix on Pinside within the last few months in one of the TF threads somewhere.

Greg, Greg, Greg,
I could sense the excitement and ebullience in that Klov post, back in your TFLE honeymoon! Come back to us man. The game is soooooooo fun. For while after I got it I actually worried that the music and sound might be too dark and edgy. Very intense and maybe not enough humor. But man now I love it. The game envelopes you. I bought mine with upgraded sound, so that's all I know....and its exceptional. I'm in a very good place with the game now. It's definitely a go-to, even with Avengers in the house.

#267 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

*pop* ...YO!

Lol.

I kind of figured you might have, but I still have it bookmarked on KLOV, figured that was easier than searching here.

Chris

#268 11 years ago

So what's the deal on this update? Was this a ploy by stern to sell their remaining tfs? Did they just say, screw it TF doesn't need an update? Or was this another pinside rumor all along. Inquiring minds want to know

#269 11 years ago

what was the bs about "compiling"? Does it take weeks for that to happen. Bad pr by stern to put that out and not deliever..wtf!

#270 11 years ago

On Facebook when XMen was released they did say TF is in the works but I agree WTF is going on with this TF update.

#271 11 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

what was the bs about "compiling"? Does it take weeks for that to happen. Bad pr by stern to put that out and not deliever..wtf!

Stern said it was being worked on and would be out "soon" (whenever that will be). The compiling comment was from a pinsider.

#272 11 years ago

Maybe the actually tested it (unlike the gloriously flawed X-men update) and found some problems?

#273 11 years ago

i'd rather have them take longer and test run the hell out of it, than to have a glitchy code that crashes or screws things up.

#274 11 years ago

Word on the street is they're doing TRONs update first and pushing TF back even further. Anyone confirm?

#275 11 years ago

C'mon Stern. Just communicate with your customers. You say it is coming in the "Christmas season". Then that passes and you say "soon". Just say what you are doing and then do what you said you were going to do.

#276 11 years ago

Stern needs to change their PR policies and damned quickly. We aren't operators here guy, and I don't like being treated like an outsider after an expensive purchase like this. I love the TF pin, but lack of communication like this turns me right the f*** off with future Stern NIB purchases.

George did excellent design work on the PF and shots, sounds, all of it, but with a bit of polish, this could be his next MB.

We aren't kids Gary...just give us a direction to go in here, please. Or else I vote with MY wallet.

Rick. "I'm gonna have me some fun." #190

#277 11 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Word on the street is they're doing TRONs update first and pushing TF back even further. Anyone confirm?

That's total bs.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 277 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-news-on-transformers-updated-code/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.