(Topic ID: 33471)

Any news on the X-Men power pack due out by XMas?

By tmort

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 379 posts
  • 97 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by tsool
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deadpool.jpg
images-1.jpeg
Unknown.jpeg
1111de4.jpg
idiocracy.jpg
1111111_rock-your-ugly-christmas-sweat.jpg
santa.jpg
258-2.jpg
smod2012.jpg
apoc.jpeg
coal-stocking.jpg
205-2.jpg
crazay.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pen.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 11 years ago

I could care less if they "fix" or change the voices, just give me the option to turn the voices all the way down without effecting the music or sound effects. I feel this way about every pin though. It would be awesome to have separate control over the volume of effects, voice call outs, and music on every game. Someone make this mod Then I could buy a Shrek.... "Somebody once told me" ugg, turn that all the way down!

#41 11 years ago
Quoted from Ninefingers:

I've put about 15 games in and that's the feeling I get when I play it. The layout isn't intuitive to me like it is in Tron. Maybe Tron is simpler in that aspect. Like I said before I like X-Men I just like Tron more. For me, hopefully the update will bring it to the next level.

I think 15 games says it all. Some games take longer to get, or to like. I have played well over 15 games on many games and still thought I hated the game. I disliked WH2O after 10 or 15 games, but started getting into it the more I played it. I now own a WH20. Im with Rarehero, it blows my mind that this game is not getting the love I feel it deserves. It has everything I asked stern to do, great non photo art, mechanical action, deep rules, non movie theme, shots galore. But then again I'm one of the guys who bought XMEN LE after playing it. XMEN is a hard game, I would say it is much harder than Tron. If the average player plays 20 games on Tron and 20 games on XMEN they will feel much more accomplished on the Tron. That same player has a chance of one day beating Tron. The same can not be said (with current code) for XMEN LE, this may be the underlining problem people have with XMEN without even realizing it. Has anyone beat XMEN with the glass on? Has anyone even come close? I doubt it. One of the other problems with XMEN LE, is that a lot of people bought it without playing it. So you have a difficult game, that takes time to get into, that a bunch of people have bought without playing and then had there AUX board fry.

Flamesuit on for spelling, grammar, and thinking XMEN LE is a great game.

#66 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Beast isn't written by or voiced by a comedian. It's not funny. It's poor acting. Period.

"These are a few of my favorite things" is intended to be funny, and it is IMHO

#70 11 years ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

I must say I just unboxed Magneto #123 today and updated the code to 1.22 and I have to say this might be one of the best pins I have recently played.

And the countdown to a new AUX board starts....... Now. It will be ok though, everyone is getting there game fixed and this will be something we laugh about in the future. Well maybe not laugh, but not worry about anyway.

#72 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Sure, it might be funny in a Kelsey Grammer type of voice as Beast should have...not this Kermit the Frog with Down's Syndrome sounding a-hole.

LOL... So your saying you don't like the voice?

#100 11 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

So without me running to the 1000 post thread, can someone sum up the aux issue? Haven't experienced it yet on mine that I know.

If I see one more XMEN thread hijacked by AUX board issues I'm going to through my computer down a set of stairs.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-aux-board-issues

#148 11 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

The only direct info was from Gary himself, who said the power pack updates were to be Christmas gifts to us. And since this is the last work day before Christmas, most assumed they'd be uploaded today.

There's still time for Christmas miracles, crossing fingers!

Some people speak to designers and programmers.... just saying.

#172 11 years ago
Quoted from dav8515:

Gary, how about stop building crappy machines and let people who bought the game 4 months ago know when ur pack is going to be released. Selfish MF

How about changing your avatar before going all hatefull on Stern...

#196 11 years ago

Its kind of awesome to be part of such a love/hate game.

#204 11 years ago

Above... Please change your profile photo, because it just makes sense to after reading your posts. Im not giving you a hard time. sorry

#255 11 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

My Xmas gift to you - you're right. Happy Holidays.

NOT FAIR! Why does he get a xmas present and I don't.

#278 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Talking to Borg on FB i see

Indeed

#312 11 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Gary working on the code at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious. (Courtesy Ferris Bueller).

Is there away to like this twice?

#332 11 years ago

My X-Men does not drain because of the magnets very often. I have noticed drains from the magnet on Iron Man (Iron Monger) and that game seams to be loved.

Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

It can shoot a ball backwards into the lock, it can go vertical up many ramps, it can fling it OVER
my flippers.

Have you had the magnets make a ramp shot? No way that could happen on the two XMEN I have played. To me it seams like the placement of the magnets is perfect for the game. It adds randomness without constantly causing drains you have no chance of saving. I loose more balls to the slingshots then to the magnets (about 10 to 1)

#353 11 years ago

Anyone want to start bets on a future update with Deadpool added?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pen.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-news-on-the-x-men-power-pack-due-out-by-xmas?tu=pen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.