(Topic ID: 33471)

Any news on the X-Men power pack due out by XMas?

By tmort

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 379 posts
  • 97 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by tsool
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deadpool.jpg
images-1.jpeg
Unknown.jpeg
1111de4.jpg
idiocracy.jpg
1111111_rock-your-ugly-christmas-sweat.jpg
santa.jpg
258-2.jpg
smod2012.jpg
apoc.jpeg
coal-stocking.jpg
205-2.jpg
crazay.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oldpinguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#55 11 years ago

Perhaps with "Home Warranties" Subbed out like Square Trade on Ebay does,
The market might expand if someone knew they had a 1 year in house full service available.

#320 11 years ago

It is interesting as I have watched this thread and others on Xmen.
For the record, I am an owner of a Pro version for 6 weeks, having updated code
that was installed by staff of Stern, After IAPPA, and before the game went into play at SPF.
I can share the frustration of everyone who has an LE, and issues, although I have not played
an LE, to know the difference between a PRO and LE, in code issues, just the hardware that has been known.
I can understand wanting to add combos, settings on villains and hero's to make it easier or more playable to a users needs, but it is the Randomness of the two magnets that was the deciding point in my first "new" game after 41 years and hundreds of pins.
We have lots of new, and young players, that master the flippers, thrive on a fast flow, and elevate games to an art form worthy of Pinball becoming an Olympic Sport!
I respect their talent, and the input made into helping the game move into a better realm.
But for me, the randomness of the magnets makes the game nothing short of amazing.
It can shoot a ball backwards into the lock, it can go vertical up many ramps, it can fling it OVER
my flippers. Every other game I have or have had, has a degree of repetitiveness.
If a ball doesnt make a ramp, I know where it will roll back on to which flipper, or if I hit this post, it is SDTM. With Xmen, I cant tell in anyway where the ball will be when the magnets are going.
It makes me pay attention, and with multiball, an insanity I have never seen before.
Regardless of code, and I speak just for my opinion only, and for Pro's, this games kicks butt, and challenges the best of players to stay on their toes! Some of the best we have here in this country, playing in SPF tournament, left the game shaking their heads, "damn, this is hard and unpredictable".
I think we all need one game like that in our collections.
So I agree, that the goals of modes, stacking, points, and progressions of this game await Sterns release, but just "playing pinball" doesnt get too much better when I want a challenge.
Night and day from LOTR, TSPP, TZ, CV, and all the others. Just currently, maybe not for everyones desires as its strengths battle strongly with its weakness.
Sooooooo....Merry Christmas, wait for the code, enjoy your family....and just play.
Dont look at the score, maybe........

#323 11 years ago

Thanks Guys!! I truly do feel for those Xmen LE owners. They seem to have the issues more then the Pro. For that, all their opinions are again valued.

For fun....I will enjoy Xmen tomorrow, as it was my Christmas Present.

Regardless of that, Avengers, AC/DC, or an EM, its only pinball, and we should all count our blessings we are here on this board either just as a player and fan or an owner......we are truly lucky and blessed.

Play Pinball! Appreciate the Spirit of Christmas! Share love and Peace with your family!

Art

#339 11 years ago

Yeah Code!!! Hanukkah/Santa Gary came through!!!!

Indeed, Pen, I have magneto send the ball through the lower shots and a ramp shot frequently, but only on an occasion up the ramp complete. Ill have to keep an eye on it to see if that happens when hitting another ball.

I was chatting with another Xmen owner, it seems there may be slight differences in the "throw"
from game to game. I dont know if this is true, but it is something possible????

#364 11 years ago

Well that explains it!

The Pro code is different then the LE!

Smack my ass and call me Sally!

I have 1.03 updated on my Pro and wondered why I wasnt at 1.22.

IS there a list of changes for the Pro Version?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fontana, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oldpinguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-news-on-the-x-men-power-pack-due-out-by-xmas?tu=oldpinguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.