(Topic ID: 33471)

Any news on the X-Men power pack due out by XMas?

By tmort

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 379 posts
  • 97 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by tsool
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deadpool.jpg
images-1.jpeg
Unknown.jpeg
1111de4.jpg
idiocracy.jpg
1111111_rock-your-ugly-christmas-sweat.jpg
santa.jpg
258-2.jpg
smod2012.jpg
apoc.jpeg
coal-stocking.jpg
205-2.jpg
crazay.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ninefingers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The fact that people who loved the gameplay of Tron disliked the gameplay of X-Men is bizarre

I'm one of those people, maybe I can explain. I think X-Men is OK, but the playfield feels too busy/cluttered for me. I think wolvie is too close and I can never seem to get a view or understanding of the upper playfield. In Tron, everything is visible and goals are clearly defined. It has less shots than X-men but it's more fun to play for me. I'm hoping the patch for X-men changes my opinion though because I like the look and theme.

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The upper playfield and all its shots are clear and have nothing blocking them. Well, maybe Rogue is blocked by the Storm ramp - but that's exactly the same as the Gem shot being blocked by the right ramp on Tron. But what's to understand about the upper area shots? Xavier- visible. Magneto - visible. Cyclops - visible. Iceman ramp. Visible. Phoenix/orbit - visible. Loop the ball on the left orbit and you can hit Rogue or Storm ramp from the upper flipper. I dunno, again - I feel like I'm crazy here in that I'm seeing a relatively "normal" game that isn't too off the mark from every other game we've ever played in terms of shots, layout, etc. The layout is a lot like Addams Family, actually....but a lot of people here don't like that game despite it's popularity - that could explain some things, I dunno....but again, it's very much like Tron, it's no more cluttered than that game. The Wolverine is psychologically throwing people off. I can make that Beast orbit much more cleanly than any other pops-orbit game I have...so he's not blocking it. I can make the Xavier shot clean. So, he's not blocking that. Those are the two shots on either side of him. *shrug*

I've put about 15 games in and that's the feeling I get when I play it. The layout isn't intuitive to me like it is in Tron. Maybe Tron is simpler in that aspect. Like I said before I like X-Men I just like Tron more. For me, hopefully the update will bring it to the next level.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fontana, CA
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ninefingers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-news-on-the-x-men-power-pack-due-out-by-xmas?tu=ninefingers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.