(Topic ID: 33471)

Any news on the X-Men power pack due out by XMas?

By tmort

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 379 posts
  • 97 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by tsool
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deadpool.jpg
images-1.jpeg
Unknown.jpeg
1111de4.jpg
idiocracy.jpg
1111111_rock-your-ugly-christmas-sweat.jpg
santa.jpg
258-2.jpg
smod2012.jpg
apoc.jpeg
coal-stocking.jpg
205-2.jpg
crazay.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markmon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 11 years ago

I'll miss the awesome beast voice

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Some jackpot callouts would be great as well.

Maybe they can use the actor that did Beast to do the jackpot callouts

#52 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

For me, the reaction to X-Men has been the most baffling thing in my pinball hobbying. The fact that people who loved the gameplay of Tron disliked the gameplay of X-Men is bizarre...the fact that people are saying the shots are too hard when they're pretty much just like any other game with far shots in pinball. Everyone knows what good acting and quality voicework sounds like from pretty much every game EVER - the fact that ONE PERSON says "Beast is fine" just blows my f*cking mind.

Beast isn't fine. Beast is awesome. My favorite. Learn to laugh. Pinball is fun. Have some fun geez

Quoted from jimjim66:

This is the reason-
The age demographic for pinball collecting is younger than before and is a market only recently created. Most of the LE's are in homes and not on route, and collectors in any hobby can be very picky. Aux, Wolverine position, and e-clip are all LE problems, and the LE's are in the hands of collectors who don't want to mess with problems on a NIB purchase. The Aux board is a big problem as some people have had multiple boards with long down times.
You are right in that it is a very good game that has a lot going for it. I just think if it did not have these initial problems, it would have appreciated fast. Once the software update comes, and the Aux problem is 100 percent fixed, the game will get its due.

true. But I think people need to realize that nib or not, pinball has a cost of ownership that includes getting your hands dirty and tweaking the games. The "I just want to play" attitude is great but these games will always need some tweaks and maintenance.

#78 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Beast isn't written by or voiced by a comedian. It's not funny. It's poor acting. Period.

Not written by a comedian?

"I forgot to carry the one"
"these are a few of my favorite things"

Sorry but these lines are totally intended to be funny.

I'll agree the voice acting sucks. And it's totally out of place. This isn't a funny game. But it makes me laugh and I enjoy it. It needs to go but I'll miss it.

#176 11 years ago

Hmmm the letter by Gary doesn't say "on christmas" or "by Christmas". It says Christmas season. I guess that could mean lots of things

#231 11 years ago
Quoted from dav8515:

opposed to a company like stern that keeps screwing me over game after game.

So how have you been screwed over game after game? You own one sttng and one xmen. And if you don't like xmen sell it and buy something else. Seems like someone would have to be pretty thick to keep a game and bitch non stop about being screwed over. I'm quite confused here.

#237 11 years ago

Not my take on the situation.
No tantrums but for $6.5 I expect more. The code sucks at the moment and we have been promised a power pack before xmas by the president of Stern. Still expecting the code update in the next few days so chilled for now

actually you weren't promised a power pack before christmas. You were promised one "during the christmas season". So I think it's your expectations that should be corrected. I want an update as well. But the code does not "suck" at the moment. It does lack but it does not suck. The game is fun as it is. It'll just get way better (hopefully).

#247 11 years ago

We were promised an xmas present and those 'in the know' suggested 21st December, hence expectation.
Maybe suck is too strong, but villains are no fun etc. Again, I am sure it will happen soon

Stern cannot be held responsible for rumors started by those not working for them.

#248 11 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I learned my lesson on the super extended X-Men hype thread that a lot of times "in the know" means little more than "just my guess".

Some folks "in the know" said the world was going to end yesterday as well. You'd think people would be happier they're not in a fiery burning meteor strike.

#250 11 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

I'm sorry you're plain wrong. I spoke to Borg personally at Expo and he said target was by/before Christmas. First hand no BS here.

So I'm actually not wrong. We were not promised any thing by Christmas but apparently *you* were . All we have is the letter by Gary Stern. Private conversations are unofficial and don't count - ie: how can I be let down by a promise made to you in private?

#252 11 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

My Xmas gift to you - you're right. Happy Holidays.

Lol

#290 11 years ago
Quoted from dav8515:

I understand what you are saying and that is why after Star Trek they have lost me as a customer. Too bad i am a sucker for a theme i love, but i will need it next to my TNG. I am not giving them my money to treat me like this anymore

Yea dude. You've been so incredibly abused by them.

#307 11 years ago
Quoted from FiveSixPyro:

To shut down an opinion like a protestor saying "Shame on you for not agreeing with me" does not contribute to the conversation. If you have a different opinion then share it.

Sure. My different opinion is that it's ridiculous to rant that you're being treated so badly. No one is being mistreated. People bought the game. Updates are coming. If someone dislikes it they can sell it and get something else. How can anyone claim they are getting "treated so poorly" or "screwed over"?

#308 11 years ago
Quoted from dav8515:

I havent been abused, i have been misled over and over and kept giving them chances. Maybe ur used to being misled and suckered all the time and like it. But i don't. Would it really be that hard for stern to post a message on fb and say the code will be out this day.

They posted a letter saying that the code will be out during the Christmas season. That ends after new year. If you expected something sooner than "Christmas Season" then that's your problem with your expectations. No one at Stern has misled you. And you don't need further communication from them unless something changed. They already told us "Christmas Season". They don't have to keep telling us lol.

Now if you're blaming Stern for all the non Stern affiliated folks promising the update on a specific date then well what do you expect stern to do about that? Are they supposed to silence every person in the world that doesn't work for them in order to not mislead you?

#371 11 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

It's like they took the old code and shook it up until it was a cluttered mess. Merry Christmas.

It may seem that way if you leave it at default settings. But it's really not that way. Set mode start to hard.

They took the old code (v1.2), made the magnets stronger, improved the magneto lock mech a little, added mode stacking to hero modes, decreased the requirements for getting brotherhood and hellfire going (a welcomed change), and reworked some rules on danger room, extra balls, and bonus multipliers. It's no power pack but it's not a "cluttered mess" nor is it worse than 1.2.

There may be a couple bugs but it's not bug ridden. There is some confusion on the callouts during stacked modes but the hard setting helps this as well by preventing too many stacked modes running at once. The villain lights are a bit wacky but it's not that bad as you can see what's going on when you try to select a villain. That's about it.

Most the rest is just people over reacting due to it being such a disappointment when promised a power pack.

#375 11 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

...but thinking of what bugs were fixed VS what has cropped up? I know they fixed the Iceman ramp movement in Iceman mode, but not other modes that the ramp is used in. The lock bug was fixed in version 1.22 so I'm not counting that as a fix on this update. Bugs added to this update is the Wolverine hit quotes playing instead of each heroes sound clip when they are hit (so few sound clips in the game in general). The villain insert lights behaving strangely. Storm counting as some of the Xavier VUK shots. More bugs added than removed by my count. Especially when you consider nothing really new was added to this release. It's just different adjustments and rules of modes and features that were already there.

1.22 was not released. 1.2 was the last release. Someone ripping it off a machine shouldn't count. So in that sense the little things do count like the magneto lock improvement. But I agree with you on the rest of the bugs though. Valid points indeed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markmon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-news-on-the-x-men-power-pack-due-out-by-xmas?tu=markmon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.