(Topic ID: 33471)

Any news on the X-Men power pack due out by XMas?

By tmort

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 379 posts
  • 97 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by tsool
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deadpool.jpg
images-1.jpeg
Unknown.jpeg
1111de4.jpg
idiocracy.jpg
1111111_rock-your-ugly-christmas-sweat.jpg
santa.jpg
258-2.jpg
smod2012.jpg
apoc.jpeg
coal-stocking.jpg
205-2.jpg
crazay.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hank527.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#329 11 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

Bingo! This is why I called BS on the guy in the other thread who has only put 83 plays on his XM in 3 months and was like "My ball times are so long on XM that I get bored..." Guaranteed his machine isn't setup correctly.

Your calling of BS is wrong. I do not like X-men as is. I did update to code 1.2 and 83 games are on that code. On 1.1 probably another 20 games

So your BS calling is dead wrong. I have friends Redeyes and MusketD that can verify this.

#361 11 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

It was your reason that I called BS on. Not liking XM, or liking Avengers more, is totally legit opinion. But the way you made it a competition between the two, and said it was because ball times on XM were so long you were bored, that was goofy.
Honestly, with only 83 plays on XM, and I'm assuming many were when you first got it on code which was skeletal and didn't score correctly, I'd say you don't really know XM well at all and just sort of tried to come up with a reason that sounded right.

Thats fine. I know the game on code 1.2 and I defend my statement that the game time are long and the game is boring. Spam Wolverine and spam the scoop, hit ice man ramp, hit cyclops etc..,

The upper left is tight and clunky. If you can make it flow game can be fun. The weapon X multi ball is pathetic and lame and this mode alone makes me think the game is boring. I think I just hate games with bumpers that feed the left scoop as IJ4 is the same and I put up well over 100 million the second time I played it.

I like fast games and will defend Avengers as being 10 times better than X-men. I think avengers is a top 10 and prefer almost every game in the top 50 to X-men.

#373 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

It may seem that way if you leave it at default settings. But it's really not that way. Set mode start to hard.
They took the old code (v1.2), made the magnets stronger, improved the magneto lock mech a little, added mode stacking to hero modes, decreased the requirements for getting brotherhood and hellfire going (a welcomed change), and reworked some rules on danger room, extra balls, and bonus multipliers. It's no power pack but it's not a "cluttered mess" nor is it worse than 1.2.
There may be a couple bugs but it's not bug ridden. There is some confusion on the callouts during stacked modes but the hard setting helps this as well by preventing too many stacked modes running at once. The villain lights are a bit wacky but it's not that bad as you can see what's going on when you try to select a villain. That's about it.
Most the rest is just people over reacting due to it being such a disappointment when promised a power pack.

The over reaction I agree with as Stern should not promise and then not deliver. They should have promised TF and mentioned updates for other games including Avengers and X-men may follow. I love Avengers and hope TF gets sorted out. X-men will just continue to sit and not get played until they get it sorted out. In 5 months and out of 20+ games its definitely the least played in my collection. I am dead serious that my game has less than 120 plays total in 5 months. I think its right around 100 though I'll give a margin for error of 20

I guess I do care as I want to like the game and I want the code to be decent so I want to play it. I put on V 1.23 played 2 games and then turned it off. I do think it has potential if refined. I just cannot understand why they released it "as-is".

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fontana, CA
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hank527.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-news-on-the-x-men-power-pack-due-out-by-xmas?tu=hank527 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.