(Topic ID: 33471)

Any news on the X-Men power pack due out by XMas?

By tmort

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 379 posts
  • 97 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by tsool
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deadpool.jpg
images-1.jpeg
Unknown.jpeg
1111de4.jpg
idiocracy.jpg
1111111_rock-your-ugly-christmas-sweat.jpg
santa.jpg
258-2.jpg
smod2012.jpg
apoc.jpeg
coal-stocking.jpg
205-2.jpg
crazay.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dugfreez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#241 11 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

1) Adjustments in the menu don't work at all.

Every Stern SAM system game then. There are system adjustments that just don't work (team scoring, setting custom betabrite messages in the menu, there are probably more). I would think you would be hard pressed to call Spider-Man's software unfinished even though some of the system setting don't work.

On the other hand....I can't figure out why they put the setting in there in the first place if they aren't using them?

#243 11 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

We were promised an xmas present and those 'in the know' suggested 21st December, hence expectation.

I learned my lesson on the super extended X-Men hype thread that a lot of times "in the know" means little more than "just my guess".

#275 11 years ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

Just because the office is closed, does not prevent folks to go in to get work done or VPN in to drop files on a server. If the code updates were not done already weeks ago we have bigger problems.

I was about to say the same thing. I'm not saying they will, but if the code is loaded up and ready it would be as simple as someone logging in and make the code go live. It's not like the whole factory has to go in and upload the code. Log-in, click...there it is.

#370 11 years ago
Quoted from Nightstick:

I haven't downloaded it yet but it would be nice to hear some new call outs so you are not always hearing the same ones. Also some new action sounds and music would be good too.

Sorry about your luck. New update has nothing new as far as modes, DMD animations, sounds or features goes. It's like they took the old code and shook it up until it was a cluttered mess. I hope you like the sound quotes of Wolverine being hit....because he says them when any hero shot is hit instead of the hero specific quotes. There is no doubt that this update has fewer sound clips and you see less of the DMD animations than any previous version. Merry Christmas.

PS: As a stocking stuffer they fixed a couple of bugs, but made sure to add 2 for every 1 fixed.

#374 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

It may seem that way if you leave it at default settings. But it's really not that way. Set mode start to hard.
They took the old code (v1.2), made the magnets stronger, improved the magneto lock mech a little, added mode stacking to hero modes, decreased the requirements for getting brotherhood and hellfire going (a welcomed change), and reworked some rules on danger room, extra balls, and bonus multipliers. It's no power pack but it's not a "cluttered mess" nor is it worse than 1.2.
There may be a couple bugs but it's not bug ridden. There is some confusion on the callouts during stacked modes but the hard setting helps this as well by preventing too many stacked modes running at once. The villain lights are a bit wacky but it's not that bad as you can see what's going on when you try to select a villain. That's about it.
Most the rest is just people over reacting due to it being such a disappointment when promised a power pack.

...but thinking of what bugs were fixed VS what has cropped up? I know they fixed the Iceman ramp movement in Iceman mode, but not other modes that the ramp is used in. The lock bug was fixed in version 1.22 so I'm not counting that as a fix on this update. Bugs added to this update is the Wolverine hit quotes playing instead of each heroes sound clip when they are hit (so fewer sound clips in the game). The villain insert lights behaving strangely. Storm counting as some of the Xavier VUK shots. More bugs added than removed by my count. Especially when you consider nothing really new was added to this release. It's just different adjustments and rules of modes and features that were already there.

#377 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

1.22 was not released. 1.2 was the last release. Someone ripping it off a machine shouldn't count. So in that sense the little things do count like the magneto lock improvement. But I agree with you on the rest of the bugs though. Valid points indeed.

If you want to nit-pick, 1.21 was the last official release posted on Stern's site before the Power Pack...and it didn't fix the Magneto lock. If you want to give 1.23 credit for fixing the lock timing...1.23 still creates more bugs than it fixes and adds very little except jumbled up rules that need to be tinkered with by the user to play well.

1.0 & 1.1 shipped with first run LE's
1.2 released by Stern and broke the lock timing
1.21 released by Stern but still didn't fix the lock timing (+ cool Xavier mode and Sentinel intro)
1.22 shipped on later run LE's and posted to the internet. This fixed the lock timing.
1.23 POWER PACK!

It seems with 1.2, 1.21 and 1.22 things were looking up and heading in the right direction. 1.23 seem like someone went in to work and just started moving lines of rule code around to make it easier.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fontana, CA
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 49.99
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Coos Bay, OR
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Protection
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dugfreez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-news-on-the-x-men-power-pack-due-out-by-xmas?tu=dugfreez and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.