(Topic ID: 33471)

Any news on the X-Men power pack due out by XMas?

By tmort

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 379 posts
  • 97 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by tsool
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deadpool.jpg
images-1.jpeg
Unknown.jpeg
1111de4.jpg
idiocracy.jpg
1111111_rock-your-ugly-christmas-sweat.jpg
santa.jpg
258-2.jpg
smod2012.jpg
apoc.jpeg
coal-stocking.jpg
205-2.jpg
crazay.jpg
There are 379 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.
#201 11 years ago
Quoted from MMuller:

F*** stern & their petty games i will never buy new from them again.

Wow. Dude it is just a game. If you don't like it rent the game by game at the bowling alley or play it, pinball, on the ipad.

#203 11 years ago

When you shell out $6,500 for a pinball thats not finished code wise.
Then the owner of the company that made it says the update is a Christmas present
to the people who bought it. Yea screw stern you suck Gary.

#204 11 years ago

Above... Please change your profile photo, because it just makes sense to after reading your posts. Im not giving you a hard time. sorry

#205 11 years ago

I agree with MMuller. Also bought TFLE, X-Men LE, ACDC Premium, Avatar LE among others. It's not worth paying the money and not getting the updates. X-Men was the last straw. Getting a game that had major features missing, scoring, wolverine didn't do anything, etc. I was hoping they would update the TFLE could to at least all progression of the Multiballs. If they are going to have a collector market they better start updating the games or at least coming close to finishing the code at release. Otherwise, stick to the pro and costco models.

I am personally going to stick to older titles (with the exception of WOZ). At least I know the games are finished and don't have to wait for updates.

#206 11 years ago

All this hate being spewed about never buying another new Stern because of an incomplete game, yet people line up to buy the next one even more blindly than the last - and it sells out!

#207 11 years ago

All in all, Xmen is still a fun game as is, lets give stern a pass till monday afternoon, if there's no update then lets get all frumpy and argue with each other

#208 11 years ago
Quoted from PNBLWZD:

All this hate being spewed about never buying another new Stern because of an incomplete game, yet people line up to buy the next one even more blindly than the last - and it sells out!

I didn't buy one, i skipped avengers le and went straight to pinball sales this week and pre-ordered a hobbit and put my name on the list for a WOZ ECLE. They lost me, and they are only sold out to distributers, i can buy any avengers LE in a second if i wanted to NIB or even 10 of them. The hulk is selling well bc they made 250 and made it green, other than that the blue LE wont sell out anytime fast.

#209 11 years ago
Quoted from PNBLWZD:

Agree, dont buy it until the game meets your expectations. Will you get the early bird price? No, but you won't feel you are out of cash and you might get it cheaper and complete after all of us beta testers are done bitchen on a Friday night with nothing better to do then hit this thread up and the Beer thread

#210 11 years ago
Quoted from dav8515:

I didn't buy one, i skipped Avengers le and went straight to pinball sales this week and pre-ordered a hobbit and put my name on the list for a WOZ ECLE

So you're saying you passed on a somewhat unknown and instead opted for a complete unknown?

#211 11 years ago

JJ has yet to complete a single pin.

#212 11 years ago

Lets watch the language, please.
I would say the code is incomplete when:
1) Adjustments in the menu don't work at all.
2) Modes listed in the menu do not exist.

#213 11 years ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

JJ has yet to complete a single pin.

Hey, your avatar combines 2 of my favorite things in life, can you get a pin in there now and make it a trifecta?

#214 11 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

All in all, Xmen is still a fun game as is, lets give stern a pass till monday afternoon, if there's no update then lets get all frumpy and argue with each other

From the beginning Gary said "Holiday power pack" ... which means some time between Thanksgiving and New Years...there was never a Christmas promise.

#215 11 years ago

On the 12th day of Christmas, Gary gave to me...

#216 11 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

there was never a Christmas promise.

Nah, lets hold him to the christmas eve deadline, he shouldnt be so vague

#217 11 years ago
Quoted from PNBLWZD:

So you're saying you passed on a somewhat unknown and instead opted for a complete unknown?

As far as the WOZ, i have played it extensively with unfinished code and have thoroughly enjoyed it. And after talking with JJ i feel he is doing everything he can to make sure the game is great, whether it is or not we will see, but i rather give my money to someone who i know is doing their best to make a great game (quality construction and gameplay) opposed to a company like stern that keeps screwing me over game after game. If it turns out to be a dud and i lose money, so be it, but giving my money to someone who is trying to create is a risk i am willing to take and fortunately can afford.
By the way if u haven't noticed i don't have a WOZ in my house with unfinished code like i do with my x-men 4 months later and I can always cancel my hobbit order.

#218 11 years ago

I will compare it to my friend who is in a bad marriage and his wife keeps treating him like crap over and over again. Every year she promises to treat him better and never does. I always tell him to try and find someone better but he is content. Thats how i feel with stern, they keep promising me better product and fail to deliver each time, so ill take my chance with JJ

#219 11 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Hey, your Avatar combines 2 of my favorite things in life, can you get a pin in there now and make it a trifecta?

I wouldn't want to spill my beer or Milk all over the pin

#220 11 years ago

Stern does a great job with their pins. No, they don't ship completed....but they never have! There's a lot of new blood in the pinball hobby and here's an eye opener - this is always how pins have been made for the last 10 years. Do you think sterns greatest games were shipped perfect? SM was trashed on for years, LoTR incomplete w design flaws, tspp incomplete, FGY had little to no custom call outs and software design flaws. This is nothing new. So if your disgruntled at stern for working their ass off to build pinball machines for us or you feel they owe us nothing; back off, have some eggnog, relax and enjoy the holiday.

As for myself, my motto has always been wait 6+ mos before buying a pin to see how it levels off completion wise. But then I decided one day to take a chance and go complete nib and preordered TFLE. I was disappointed with their effort in the code but you know what, I still own TFLE and play and enjoy it weekly. It's a great game. I decided to preorder XMLE too; it took those two games to realize that for myself, I need to go back to my old ways and wait for the game to be refined before buying. Live and learn. But this xmen thing is nothing new.

#221 11 years ago

Seems like a bad afternoon on the ol' Xmen code thread, I just want to throw in a little positive:

Played a few games tonight and on my last game I made it to Brotherhood, first time getting there. The Brotherhood multiball was sure cool and the shaker motor was going wild (nice lightshow as well). Collected almost all of the Xmen and had one fast and furious game going. Put up my personal high score of 55 million in the process. I must say, the more I play this machine the more I'm liking it!

Looking forward to when we get the code update!

#222 11 years ago

I am on board with hoping it shows up on Monday. Bummer it didn't show up today. I had a few friends over tonite and they all enjoyed playing some pinball which, considering a few of them weren't pinball people, was pretty cool. LOTR was the biggest hit.
This will have to get me thru 'till Monday. Bring on the NFL weekend.

#223 11 years ago

By all accounts I have every indication xmen and transformers will see new code power packs by Christmas

#224 11 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

From the beginning Gary said "Holiday power pack" ... which means some time between Thanksgiving and New Years...there was never a Christmas promise.

Official press release was for Christmas power pack updates.
There is 3 days yet.

#225 11 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

By all accounts I have every indication xmen and Transformers will see new code power packs by Christmas

Here comes Gary Claus Here comes Gary Claus right down Gary Claus Lane!!!!!

#226 11 years ago

We will just have to wait until Christmas Day to open our presents just like the rest of the kids.

#227 11 years ago

MNPINBALL,
I was waiting to hear your heads up... Lets hope for some Deadpool/stackable FUN for Christmas Brother!

258-2.jpg258-2.jpg

#228 11 years ago

Christmas means Christmas to me! Dec 25th I will be happy to update my X-Men LE while the rest of the family opens their gifts. It will be much better than the boxers and socks I will get otherwise

#229 11 years ago

My favorite feature of the totally complete X-men is the multipliers. Nothing missing there. Getting hold bonus multiplier as an award is about as rewarding as add more time in the next to worthless mode you are trying to time out. And for the record, I have only played an LE maybe 20 times and I have had the Iceman ramp dump the ball SDTM on me multiple times. I really like the bones of the game, but anyone saying it is complete is kidding themselves.

#230 11 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Lets hope for some Deadpool/stackable FUN for Christmas Brother!

well Deadpool is in the menu so. . . . . I would think so : )

#231 11 years ago
Quoted from dav8515:

opposed to a company like stern that keeps screwing me over game after game.

So how have you been screwed over game after game? You own one sttng and one xmen. And if you don't like xmen sell it and buy something else. Seems like someone would have to be pretty thick to keep a game and bitch non stop about being screwed over. I'm quite confused here.

#232 11 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Official press release was for Christmas power pack updates.
There is 3 days yet.

True. Will be surprised if it does not come before xmas as xmas presents are usually given on xmas day! Holiday season implies time to use it in the holiday season so I think it will happen - major bad PR if it don't!

Dear Ladies & Gentlemen

I am writing to let you into some of our plans. Some of you, our direct
customers, have asked I do this. In the future I will periodically.

We have been asked if we will again this year, like last year, create
holiday season Power Pack code updates for any of our games. Power Pack
code updates add and/or change rules and features. We did such a Power
Pack last year.

Again this year our Christmas present for our game owners will be Power
Pack code updates for X-Men and Transformers, Pro and LE.

We hope everyone will enjoy these Power Pack and that these will rejuvenate
earnings on games that have been in operation for many months.

Best regards,

Gary

Gary Stern
President
Stern Pinball, Inc.

#233 11 years ago

What a wierd angry thread. Take a few days and enjoy the holiday.

#234 11 years ago
Quoted from tmort:

Bring on the NFL weekend.

Hooray! Who is going to start a xmas rumor that it is time for a new football pin? Only kidding...

#235 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

What a wierd angry thread. Take a few days and enjoy the holiday.

Hahaha so true. You know what it reminds me of? When your kid wants something really really bad for Xmas and throws a temper tantrum because they have to wait til Xmas to get it.

#236 11 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Hahaha so true. You know what it reminds me of? When your kid wants something really really bad for Xmas and throws a temper tantrum because they have to wait til Xmas to get it.

Not my take on the situation.

No tantrums but for $6.5 I expect more. The code sucks at the moment and we have been promised a power pack before xmas by the president of Stern. Still expecting the code update in the next few days so chilled for now

#237 11 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Not my take on the situation.
No tantrums but for $6.5 I expect more. The code sucks at the moment and we have been promised a power pack before xmas by the president of Stern. Still expecting the code update in the next few days so chilled for now

actually you weren't promised a power pack before christmas. You were promised one "during the christmas season". So I think it's your expectations that should be corrected. I want an update as well. But the code does not "suck" at the moment. It does lack but it does not suck. The game is fun as it is. It'll just get way better (hopefully).

#238 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

actually you weren't promised a power pack before christmas. You were promised one "during the christmas season". So I think it's your expectations that should be corrected. I want an update as well. But the code does not "suck" at the moment. It does lack but it does not suck. The game is fun as it is. It'll just get way better (hopefully).

We were promised an xmas present and those 'in the know' suggested 21st December, hence expectation.

Maybe suck is too strong, but villains are no fun etc. Again, I am sure it will happen soon

#239 11 years ago

We were promised an xmas present and those 'in the know' suggested 21st December, hence expectation.
Maybe suck is too strong, but villains are no fun etc. Again, I am sure it will happen soon

Maybe you and everyone else should realise that people "in the know" don't always know and also that things change. As for the code "sucking" it doesn't suck, it just needs a rework to make a fantastic layout an enjoyable (and hopefully) fantastic game. The X Men modes are fine as is it's only the villains that need tweaking (IMO) along with the previously mentioned Ice Man ramp, Wolverine magnet and Magneto spinner that need some attention.

How they do it, we'll see. - if they don't do it, it will be a shame. It took 2 years for Spiderman to be finished and people weren't happy but a lot sold and moved on. People only seem to bitch now because of the price they have paid for the games (I pay $8.5k for LE games due to import duty) and it seems some people only buy the game to "invest". I buy my machines to play, I don't like to lose money when I sell, but if I do, it's just how it goes and I'm fully aware before I buy of that.

If everyone was in that mindset, they'd be patient and quit the bitching/speculation, for now play what you've got. If you don't like it with current code, play something in the collection you do like until the code update.

#240 11 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Sounds like Gary is writing checks with his mouth that his ass can't cash!

#241 11 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

1) Adjustments in the menu don't work at all.

Every Stern SAM system game then. There are system adjustments that just don't work (team scoring, setting custom betabrite messages in the menu, there are probably more). I would think you would be hard pressed to call Spider-Man's software unfinished even though some of the system setting don't work.

On the other hand....I can't figure out why they put the setting in there in the first place if they aren't using them?

#242 11 years ago

Gotta love it when people go on and on, bitching about...well, other people bitching. LOL That's basically what the entire last page of this thread is!

Anyway, there are very basic problems in XM which still need to be addressed. Gary promised a power pack as a "Christmas present," and a couple people who claim to be in 'the know' (ie, they pm/harrass Borg on Facebook) said it'd be released yesterday. It wasn't, so everyone was a little disappointed, because it would've been nice to dig into new code over a long cold weekend. No biggie.

But yeah, these aren't $3500 games anymore, and if Stern is marketing them for collectors' homes (which they are) and charging nearly twice what they did four years ago (which they are), then expectations are obviously going to be raised.

Players who are happy with poorly coded features which still need work, as well as a ruleset which encourages you to time out modes, need to realize that it's the right of others to not be. The layout and framework for a great game is there, and what they've done with the mode depth and lighting shouldn't be lost in the complaints, but since this isn't a Lyman game, players are a little antsy. We don't know if these new guys have the personal professionalism to work on their game indefinitely in order to make it right. But we are hopeful, that's why we still own it and haven't sold it like so many others already have.

Please stop the bitching about the bitching! Thanks!

#243 11 years ago

I learned my lesson on the super extended X-Men hype thread that a lot of times "in the know" means little more than "just my guess".

#244 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

actually you weren't promised a power pack before christmas. You were promised one "during the christmas season".

I'm sorry you're plain wrong. I spoke to Borg personally at Expo and he said target was by/before Christmas. First hand no BS here.

As an aside, Borg was awesome to talk to and without relaying the whole conversation he too was looking forward to getting the code update out. I will say this in defense of Stern, the designers understand and are trying to do what they can. GG going to GW to tweak the machine and shooting his own video and Borg who is keeping a very close eye on XMen progress. Now if they miss Xmas delivery of code does it suck - yep. But I'd rather they miss the code drop date of Xmas and get it right than force out a power pack for us whiners that is still missing something we are complaining about. We give the same pass to JJ on launch delays of WOZ because we want it right. While I'd prefer game does not ship until code is complete, let's pass the yuletide spirit and give Stern the same courtesy. I want a great code update and am willing to wait.

Happy holidays or bah humbug whichever you prefer.

#245 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Here comes Gary Claus Here comes Gary Claus right down Gary Claus Lane!!!!!

This year Gary cost reduced Christmas. There are 20 plastics that look like presents under the tree. He also installed a computer controlled light show in the yard but the software won't be done until Labor Day.

#246 11 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I learned my lesson on the super extended X-Men hype thread that a lot of times "in the know" means little more than "just my guess".

"In the know" means people talk directly to the designers. Yes, Borg said directly that the update would out on the 21st. Maybe they are just tweaking something else or they are waiting to release all of them for a christmas present under your tree.

#247 11 years ago

Stern cannot be held responsible for rumors started by those not working for them.

#248 11 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Some folks "in the know" said the world was going to end yesterday as well. You'd think people would be happier they're not in a fiery burning meteor strike.

#249 11 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

Please stop the bitching about the bitching! Thanks!

Is it ok to bitch about people bitching about the bitching though?

:p

#250 11 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

I'm sorry you're plain wrong. I spoke to Borg personally at Expo and he said target was by/before Christmas. First hand no BS here.

So I'm actually not wrong. We were not promised any thing by Christmas but apparently *you* were . All we have is the letter by Gary Stern. Private conversations are unofficial and don't count - ie: how can I be let down by a promise made to you in private?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 379 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-news-on-the-x-men-power-pack-due-out-by-xmas/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.