(Topic ID: 19797)

Any news on an AC/DC code update? We need a Wizard (Encore) Mode soon!

By BackFlipper

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 51 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by PinCrush
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

466124_4081199027108_1479018810_o.jpg
    There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 11 years ago

Has anybody heard anything from any reliable sources about a code update for AC/DC? I love my game, but feel like I need a bigger goal to go after. With X-Men here, and Gary mentioning another release by fall, I really don't want to see AC/DC slip into a long wait for an update. Please give me some SUBSTANTIATED good news.

#3 11 years ago

Chirp chirp

#4 11 years ago

Man you guys all convinced me to buy this stupid game with the hype this new code would come out and nothing!!

hehe

Actually the game is great as it, its really more of a score based game than a goal/mode based game, but thats ok its still fun. I would love to see a few things though.

1. Color changing inserts actually do something(minus the red ones, Doh!)
    2. Something that triggers the bell to swing on its on, maybe you need to get it in teh saucer.
    3. Encore mode
    4. Maybe something for getting all three super jackpots.

All this said I can only complete like three songs, and have no supers so I guess I can wait

#5 11 years ago

With X-men done I hope its back to work with V1.6!!!!

#6 11 years ago

From what I've heard, it will be worth the wait....

#7 11 years ago

Side note..didnt someone post a writeup on the rules for this game as they stand now? I can probably find it via search..but still not 100% sure what I am doing LOL

never mind found it!
    http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-rules-questions

Also found a quote from MN pinball from way back when that there would be several "mini-wizard" modes and a super wizard mode...so here is hoping that would really be awesome. Right now all this game is missing is some good progression and goals to work towards. Gameplay and scoring is SICK!

#8 11 years ago

I love AC DC but I am eager for the completed code. Something to look forward to though. I'll admit it is strange to have an expensive toy where a few things to not work. Amazing still.

#9 11 years ago

I can only hope to get good enough on this game that any updates will matter. It is still kicking my butt!! I am totally addicted though.

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

From what I've heard, it will be worth the wait....

This is what I am talking about. You have a good source?

#11 11 years ago

I do, but I don't feel comfortable posting it (it is after all a rumor, but from a valid source). What I would recommend doing, is emailing your distributor to see what light they could shed on the matter....

#12 11 years ago

I've had emails with Lyman directly. He has a huge list. He wanted to drop it by July 4th but that didn't happen. Something is probably due soon. Since Lyman is not working on xmen, hopefully he is getting daytime hours at stern to work on acdc. Speaking of xmen, probably be the same thing waiting for its updates.

#13 11 years ago

Hearing that he was shooting for the 4th is actually good news. He's late, but it should be soon.

Did he say the 4th update would be the hit list complete, or another incremental update on the 4th?

Quoted from markmon:

I've had emails with Lyman directly. He has a huge list. He wanted to drop it by July 4th but that didn't happen. Something is probably due soon. Since Lyman is not working on xmen, hopefully he is getting daytime hours at stern to work on acdc. Speaking of xmen, probably be the same thing waiting for its updates.

#14 11 years ago

I can wait, will be happy if they eventually add most or all of what I have been talking about . Game just needs a few more goals and little mini modes to keep things fresh down the line . Maybe a couple hurry ups? Detonate the TNT , shoot the bell(or behind it).

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

I would call that SUBSTANTIATED. Awesome news. Thanks.

#16 11 years ago

The TNT is pretty much a hurry up. Once you knock down the targets, the detonate behind the N is a countdown. Also, after you hit it, the lit shots are on a countdown as well.

#17 11 years ago

Ahh ok cool didn't notice it was timed

#18 11 years ago

All will be worth the wait.

#19 11 years ago

The great OZ err... MNpinball has spoken

#20 11 years ago

Video mode??

Has anyone here really played all the songs in one game to get to the encore?? It's freakin hard. Almost impossible. Fun challenge.

#21 11 years ago

What's great about the game is that you have to play the modes. You can't light the jukebox without playing, it's not like other games where you can ignore modes at will.

I'm hoping for 7-8 wizard modes.

Quoted from Av8:

Has anyone here really played all the songs in one game to get to the encore?? It's freakin hard. Almost impossible. Fun challenge.

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from Av8:

Video mode??

I doubt there will be a video mode ruining the fast furious flow of this game (thankfully). A video mode is more programming work than all the other stuff combined times 10. Better he works on the other stuff.

Quoted from jalpert:

Hearing that he was shooting for the 4th is actually good news. He's late, but it should be soon.
    Did he say the 4th update would be the hit list complete, or another incremental update on the 4th?

He didn't say. He had a big list as I know when I ask for something and hear "I got that one as 5th item on page 4, will be I the upcoming update". It doesn't mean it's all going to be there it that everything you guys want will be there. But something is coming.

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from Av8:

Video mode??

If there did happen to be a video mode I think it could be really cool if it was like guitar hero with notes flowing down the screen. 3 notes left , right, fire. Please pass that along to mr. Sheets

#24 11 years ago
    Quoted from Av8:

Yes 3 times, the juke lights up and you cant change the song. You either play the current one or reset the game. If you shoot the juke you must reset it as it brings up the song list but you cant move out or change or do anything. Game must be reset. That was on pro 1.5. Game left before 1.52 was out.

RGR did too a few times on software 1.4 think he bailed after that. Its not hard if you have good ball control. If all you set out to do is change the song its actually fairly easy. I have been playing though for over 15 years.

#25 11 years ago

You are a pro tourney player! Aka wizard.

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from Av8:

You are a pro tourney player! Aka wizard.

Not at all. a mid-high ranked B player sure but a pro not at all. I have been playing for 15 years its not that hard to shoot 8 shots and change. I had my lanes closed down but i had it set to 9 degrees for pitch. I also had my tilt bob off

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

All will be worth the wait.

By Xmas???

#28 11 years ago

We've heard this before.TF anybody?I really,really hope it gets done.Scott

#29 11 years ago
    Quoted from BackFlipper:

This is what I am talking about. You have a good source?

same source that said TF was getting a powerpack update

#30 11 years ago

Remember the days when products were actually finished before they were sold?

#31 11 years ago
    Quoted from IndianaPwns:

Nope. I still constantly get patches and updates for almost all video games I play.

#32 11 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

Nope. I still constantly get patches and updates for almost all video games I play.

Are some of the patches things like "Adding an ending" to the game like a wizard mode

#33 11 years ago
    Quoted from IndianaPwns:

Ya, back in 1985 with the first NES cart based system.

#34 11 years ago

That's a lame comeback mnpinball.Stern is charging 7k for games now.Get 'er done!!!!!

#35 11 years ago

It will be out Friday July 13th, just so happens to be my bday? :p wishful thinking

#36 11 years ago

Big difference between bug fixes and kick it out the door current situation. Even Software is more polished then there code. What it has done is allow them to decide/wager if its a good seller we will finish it if not we wont. Now all games have been finished for some time since what 24 and current?

Anyway i have learned since TF to not care anymore not to hope just sit back and see. The second you think its gonna be a killer update you get 1.52 stuff lol.

#37 11 years ago

Any word if/when they will finish Tron Pro code?

#38 11 years ago
    Quoted from smokedog:

Any word if/when they will finish Tron Pro code?

When ac/dc is done. Who knows really. He WILL do it though. He likes the game. He said he would.

Thats in teh bag as far as i am concerned. Gotta remember I think Lyman is doing it as a favor for Borg. Best not to burst that bubble.

#39 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Thats in teh bag as far as i am concerned. Gotta remember I think Lyman is doing it as a favor for Borg. Best not to burst that bubble.

Awesome news. I will wait patiently.

#40 11 years ago

If you go by the history of Stern......2 years.2 years for SM,2 years for BDK.Sorry,themselves the facts,not opinion or rumor.Scott

#41 11 years ago
    Quoted from jackofdiamonds:

That's a lame comeback mnpinball.Stern is charging 7k for games now.Get 'er done!!!!!

I didn't pay that for any pinball in my lineup, pro or LE
    Come to think of it I never paid that for WoZ, CC, MM, AFM or MB

Lyman has always told me he always finishes what he starts, he takes great pride in what he does.
    I remember the readme file in SM "Happy Thanksgiving" and the readme in BDK said "Made More Fun" that was classic !

These Stern games are fun and continue to push the envelope of software and depth that no Williams, Sega or Gottlieb ever had. AC/DC is awesome as is but will be spectacular when Lyman completes it.

#42 11 years ago

MN pinball if you talk to Lyman give him my video mode idea of a guitar hero type game I think it would be quite fitting!! LOL

#43 11 years ago

sry, please no video mode! If I want to play guitar hero, I play that. This is a pinball game and I think a great pinball game, you have non stop action.

#44 11 years ago

Video modes can be great or clunky...you never know.

#45 11 years ago

Lyman finishes the code on all the games where he is the lead programmer. It may take some time; his personal time if needed, but it will get done. Take a look at his track record and take comfort in it.
    Terry.

#46 11 years ago

Bowen mentioned a video at around 5:50 minute with Trent playing that's worth watching but I can't find the video anyone link it please.

#47 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinballlife:

Lyman finishes the code on all the games where he is the lead programmer. It may take some time; his personal time if needed, but it will get done. Take a look at his track record and take comfort in it.
    Terry.

Aren't you supposed to be on vacation??? Don't come back here til your tan or red!

#48 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Not at all. a mid-high ranked B player sure but a pro not at all. I have been playing for 15 years its not that hard to shoot 8 shots and change. I had my lanes closed down but i had it set to 9 degrees for pitch. I also had my tilt bob off

Why set it up so easy? Want to make the game harder? LOWER THE PITCH! It is FAR easier to catch and trap and bounce-pass all day on a steep game. Make it just a little floaty (even 6.5 degrees or so) and it will be *much* harder to control.

#49 11 years ago

BTW, I'm sure more surprises are in store related to several posts in this thread.....

#50 11 years ago

Why set it up so easy? Want to make the game harder? LOWER THE PITCH! It is FAR easier to catch and trap and bounce-pass all day on a steep game. Make it just a little floaty (even 6.5 degrees or so) and it will be *much* harder to control.

I hate it when it feels floaty man i really hate that feel. Yup it was set up a little on the easier side but none of the software was changed. No lowering jam no ball save extend none of that. If you are going for pure wizard only change the song burn right threw, Its not that hard.

Highest song jackpot i got was in the 40's though Here is the High 30's picture. I dont know what changed in 1.52 as i sold it before that. The game is fun and i will get a premium this xmas

My biggest problem on this game was the right loop. I dunno why but it was a pain in my ass.

ONE SHOT NICE POINTS!

466124_4081199027108_1479018810_o.jpg466124_4081199027108_1479018810_o.jpg

There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-news-on-an-acdc-code-update-we-need-a-wizard-encore-mode-soon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.