screen-capture-10.png
472349_563425947023535_1876603025_o.jpg
465352_563424050357058_388467119_o.jpg
1495954_730525163646945_2109676463_o.jpg
Image.jpg
image.jpg
th-793.jpeg
jmgirl.jpg
There are 139 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 9 years ago

Any news on retail pricing on Whoa Nelly Big Juicy Melons?
I thought they were supposed to announce this the first on the year?

#2 9 years ago

Bump for an answer

#3 9 years ago

Bump for melons

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#6 9 years ago

I always read the acronym as Women's NBA Jam.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#8 9 years ago

I would also love to know an answer to this, skipping Wrestlemania unless there is an Attitude Era premium, this looks really unique and fun plus melons

Something tells me Stern will be charging ALOT for it though

#9 9 years ago

Didn't they say Q2?

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Didn't they say Q2?

from stuff i've read, i thought so...

o-din, you jumping in on this? if the price tag isn't too painful, i'm going to have a difficult time resisting...

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

from stuff i've read, i thought so...
o-din, you jumping in on this? if the price tag isn't too painful, i'm going to have a difficult time resisting...

Just curious, what constitutes painful for you? I can't believe this would be south of $4k for instance.

#12 9 years ago

I won't pay 4k for an em.
Plus lots of folks will order and then decide it's boring so prices will collapse.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Just curious, what constitutes painful for you? I can't believe this would be south of $4k for instance.

I've had this discussion with others, and I have said the exact same thing regarding the $4k price point. Yet some of the people that I've talked to seem convinced that this could come in at the $3k mark.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I've had this discussion with others, and I have said the exact same thing regarding the $4k price point. Yet some of the people that I've talked to seem convinced that this could come in at the $3k mark.

Limited edition pin, custom cabinet, no freaking way it's priced the The Pin. I mean, hey, surprise me Stern. But I simply don't believe it.

#15 9 years ago

No, the pricing was supposed to come out prior to the end of 2014. I'm anxiously awaiting some BJM on my doorstep.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

first off, i want to actually see what comes off the assembly line... that being said...

mentally, i figured the most it would be would be a bit south of a stern pro...

4k would hurt, and it could be a mortal wound... it is really hard to be sure... it would be easy sit here now and say "yea, i'm in, cuz i want one", but when it comes time to rub my neck and write 'em a check, the pen would definitely shake a bit before it hits the paper... i know that's a wishy-washy answer...

one thing i'm pretty sure of is that they would be a tough sell to "em guys" at that number (although they will sell some, there are enough deep pocketed individuals out there who would have to have it for their collection)... even if we just look at the top percentage of the marketplace (e.g. the popular existing machines everyone wants), 4k would buy you two fully reconditioned "plug and play" machines that would be in VERY nice condition... my theoretical 4k would almost certainly go to those two machines, and i believe that to be true of almost all the "em guys"...

of course, i've been pretty sure of many things and been wrong before...

3k would be the magic number, i believe... assuming what comes off the end of the assembly line is "good stuff"... the 1k "tax" for a brand spanking new machine that i get to take out of the box and have the very first play on would be palatable...

#17 9 years ago

My gut feeling is an MSRP of $4295.00 -$4495.00

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Limited edition pin, custom cabinet, no freaking way it's priced the The Pin. I mean, hey, surprise me Stern. But I simply don't believe it.

Preaching to the choir my friend. "The Pin" is the exact same example that I used in my argument that there was no way this was coming in less than $4k.

#19 9 years ago

Yep, this will tank at $4k. There just isn't enough there past the charm and quirk. Stern will just have to release LOTR or Tron VE to make up for it. can't wait!

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Preaching to the choir my friend. "The Pin" is the exact same example that I used in my argument that there was no way this was coming in less than $4k.

as much as i don't want to agree with you, i have to...

imo, those convinced* that it will come in at 3k are guilty of a bit of wishful thinking... that is why i used a stern pro as my baseline in the previous rambling post... as much as i WANT them to be 3k, the realist in me doesn't see it...

* i hope they are right, i will gladly eat my words...

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

as much as i don't want to agree with you, i have to...

I definitely don't want to agree with myself in this case.

Stern: prove us all wrong!

#22 9 years ago

Yes, would like to know price as well..............easy big fella.

jmgirl.jpgjmgirl.jpg

#23 9 years ago

This needs to be under $4k or it will be a spectacular failure.

#24 9 years ago

OK, Just want to be clear. Are you guys talking about $4K MSRP or $4K street price? Cuz we all know there is a big difference.

#25 9 years ago

I'm going out and put the price at least 5k ($4995). They won't make this for less than that.

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

OK, Just want to be clear. Are you guys talking about $4K MSRP or $4K street price? Cuz we all know there is a big difference.

Speaking for myself, I'm talking $4k street price.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I'm going out and put the price at least 5k ($4995). They won't make this for less than that.

Yeah, looks like this will probably use a lot of parts that aren't as 'off-the-shelf' as a typical machine. That plus the limited run will probably make this a relatively pricey game.

#28 9 years ago

A couple of guys said "limited", but has that been mentioned by Stern?

#29 9 years ago

When I said limited I meant a small number produced based on limited demand. I haven't seen Stern say it was limited to a certain production quantity.

#30 9 years ago

^^ then naw, nothing in pinball is limited these days, no even the "LE" (we have dozen of threads on those).

#31 9 years ago

It's limited because it just is.

Fact is that while it doesn't have ramps etc, it's still a fully functional pin, with a custom cabinet. It's not gonna go for what EM people think 40 year old games that only a select few want go for.

#32 9 years ago

I don't know why they are doing the crate for legs thing. IMO, that should have been for the original build. The current one would be better with normal legs. That's just my two cents. I don't like the crate.

Licensing fees weren't much from what I heard so maybe it won't be too bad.

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's limited because it just is.
Fact is that while it doesn't have ramps etc, it's still a fully functional pin, with a custom cabinet.

It's limited in features, yeah. Not only ramps, no dmd, no toys, no mechs, no coin door for op, no code..etc. Just a custom cab made out of plywood. Not saying Stern won't price it close to a pro, I just can't justify that price myself.

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

Licensing fees weren't much from what I heard so maybe it won't be too bad.

Licensing fees on a big blockbuster pin are like $50ish per machine, ballpark. It's really not like this is going to be crazy cheap because they're not paying the license.

Did they say for sure they're doing the crate for production?

#35 9 years ago

Not going to be a big seller . Jeez mustang , wwf and then Nellie . Sterns getting kicked in the nuts.

#36 9 years ago

If you want am EM with a dmd why not get a break shot and just wait till this drops in price once it's taken off site/route.

Whats a break shot selling for in the states? Here I'd say it's a 1500-2000 plank.

#37 9 years ago

Honestly, I wouldn't be upset with a $5k price on this machine. I'm really looking forward to it. I own the Avengers version of The Pin and would think twice about buying a WNBJM if it were manufactured like that.

#38 9 years ago

If the new stern CPU is in WNBJM and the same one that "the pin" used, then the price shouldn't be outrageous. Like gprotein said, no ramps, no DMD, no toys, no mechs, no coindoor and no new code to make.

What's the selling feature that sets this machine apart? Nice graphics, cool cabinet? I don't know what's going to inflate the price up to the cost of a regular pro machine. I wouldn't spend any more then 3k on one of these new.

#39 9 years ago

$3-$5k is awfully expensive for a single player game.

#40 9 years ago

This is the control system in Whoa Nellie (not sterns new system)
http://www.planetimming.com/PinKit/

Quoted from Luckydogg420:

If the new stern CPU is in WNBJM and the same one that "the pin" used, then the price shouldn't be outrageous. Like gprotein said, no ramps, no DMD, no toys, no mechs, no coindoor and no new code to make.
What's the selling feature that sets this machine apart? Nice graphics, cool cabinet? I don't know what's going to inflate the price up to the cost of a regular pro machine. I wouldn't spend any more then 3k on one of these new.

#41 9 years ago

I've also heard they're doing two models. One with the actual crate the game sits on and one with metal legs. No idea what the price difference would be.

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from TVP:

$3-$5k is awfully expensive for a single player game.

well, some of us LIKE single player games...

Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I've also heard they're doing two models. One with the actual crate the game sits on and one with metal legs. No idea what the price difference would be.

i'll take the legs over the crate... the crate looks like it might be a pita to deal with...

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

I am going to wait until they hit the secondary market and see what they are going for then. I won't be buying any more NIB pinball machines as long as there are 50+ year old EM classics in like new or slightly weathered condition available at a fraction of the cost. I've got Universe and Trade Winds coming next.

Can you say antiques?
th-793.jpegth-793.jpeg

I knew you could.

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

well, some of us LIKE single player games...

i'll take the legs over the crate... the crate looks like it might be a pita to deal with...

I was told the crate would ship in pieces and would have to be assembled. It is the perfect look, after all.

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I was told the crate would ship in pieces and would have to be assembled. It is the perfect look, after all.

gotcha... flat packed, that wouldn't be too bad...

you do have a point there on the look... i reserve the right to change my mind on this...

#46 9 years ago

There is supposed to be Limited Edition WNBJM beer cans as game levelers. No PBR this time.

#47 9 years ago

What? No coin door?

#48 9 years ago

I might be wrong but, I think there's 4 whoa nelly games. The original and 3 fan made copies.

I didn't look for the pic from the stern announcement, but I've never seen a coin door on oneimage.jpgimage.jpg

Edit: these do look to have small access panels on the front

#49 9 years ago

I might be wrong but, I think there's 4 whoa nelly games. The original and 3 fan made copies.

Mostly correct. There are 4 from them, the original and 3 they made. Then are are however many fan made copies. I only know of one for certain.

The original is in a collection down here in SoCal.

#50 9 years ago

I just watched the videos of the game. And I'm gonna say hmmm, that's an interesting little game. Priced well, I think I'd want one. Priced high, pass. So I guess that is the question. How much are they? I am already sure I'll be disappointed with the price, so I won't get my hopes up. After all, what was the last pleasent surprise price in pinball?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

There are 139 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-new-news-on-wnbjm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.