DSC03299 (resized).JPG
DSC03261 (resized).JPG
IMG_6106 (resized).JPG
IMG_2585 (resized).JPG
DSCF5645 (resized).JPG
DSCF5644 (resized).JPG
DSCF5643 (resized).JPG
DSCF5642 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 7 years ago

F-------k you guys on the west coast and your ability to easily source candy cabs. /sigh

I've owned 2 capcom big blues. Sold the last one a few months ago to http://freeplayrichardson.com/ local arcade....it's out on the floor scratched up CPO and all. Looks and plays great. Have always wanted a Neo, but I really need a cabaret or mini. King of Monsters is what Rampage wished it could be.

1 week later
#57 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm working on hooking up a couple more, I might actually sell some pins and go with a CPS2 Darksoft, a CPS3 Darksoft, and then a vertical shmup cab. All Astro Cities.

I hate you. =\

#59 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I've been in an arcade mood this year. Anyone who saw me at Expo saw my Street Fighter hat, I'm playing more Street Fighter than pinball for sure right now, had to rep it.

It's the SMHUPS that get me. We have an arcade chain here, Round 1, that is carrying all kinds of stuff. Lots of candy cabs, only two with SHMUPS, but stuff also like Tetris Grandmaster and all kinds of fighting games. Anyways, my wife watched me play a bit on a few shooters and didn't get it at all how I wasn't dying constantly.

Keep wanting to try Sound Voltex 3 but haven't mustered the gut to do it yet. Always seems kind of dicky to me to occupy a game playing it on super easy to learn it when it's CONSTANTLY taken by people playing at top difficulty. =P

#61 7 years ago

I'd only have room for one cab at most, so it would likely be vertical games. Which is fine by me. Most good non-fighting games are. You just can't find the cabs around here. I'd literally have to talk to a guy I know that owns a retail arcade/pinball shop and have him source me one. =|

I don't even know what I was playing at round 1, frankly. I'm kind of "out of it" when it comes to keeping track of all these things. I couldn't even tell you what the producing company for the two I played was. When I check ebay, and a popular SHMUP PCB is 1800 bucks? That's when I tap out of *really* wanting a candy cab. If I'm gonna be dropping that much on arcade games... frankly? I'm gonna hunt down a Pop'n Music. =)

ebay.com link: Deathsmiles Japan Import Arcade Jamma PCB Cave JPN VideoGameX

#65 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Heh. Two things going on there. One, Cave games are like the Medieval Madnesses of the PCB world, they're super collectible and high priced.
Secondly, that guy in Huntington Beach has ridiculous markups, it's like quoting the retail price on a used pin. Sure, you can pay $8k for a STTNG, but only suckers do it.
Plenty of great games for $200 or less out there.

Right, I know, but when it's the only one on ebay from a simple search...I bet someone out there is paying it, and when they go to resell it, they're not letting it go for 400 bucks. Prices on both Cave games and CPS2 boards has gotten really out of hand, IMO.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-neo-geo-fans-1?tu=frax and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.