DSC03299 (resized).JPG
DSC03261 (resized).JPG
IMG_6106 (resized).JPG
IMG_2585 (resized).JPG
DSCF5645 (resized).JPG
DSCF5644 (resized).JPG
DSCF5643 (resized).JPG
DSCF5642 (resized).JPG
There are 122 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 7 years ago

Maybe the greatest system with somes of greatest video game ever,Neo Geo is the master race among these peasants.Other AES/MVS fan here?

#2 7 years ago

used to have almost every MVS cart, now only have like 5-10

Windjammers is life

used to have 2 goldie cabaret cabs and a 4 slot big red. now i just have 1 goldie and a single slot conversion cab

#3 7 years ago

AES Way to rich for my blood

MVS I have been wanting one for a while

lots of great games on that platform

#4 7 years ago

Would love one of those mini cabs they made!

#5 7 years ago

I'm more of a CPS2/3 fan, Capcom > SNK

Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Windjammers is life

I've heard there's a remake or new version or something in the works?

Neo Geo was seriously great. Metal Slug 1-3 are my jams, and even though I'm a Street Fighter whore the SNK fighters are awesome too.

#6 7 years ago

Great system. Metal Slug is one of my all time favorites.

20131121_171849 (resized).jpg20131121_171849 (resized).jpg

#7 7 years ago

used to have almost every MVS cart, now only have like 5-10
Windjammers is life
used to have 2 goldie cabaret cabs and a 4 slot big red. now i just have 1 goldie and a single slot conversion cab

Would like to get one of these mini golden one!

Quoted from Aurich:

Neo Geo was seriously great. Metal Slug 1-3 are my jams, and even though I'm a Street Fighter whore the SNK fighters are awesome too.

Disc Jam but Windjammers look way better

#8 7 years ago

hell yeh King Of Fighters series is the best

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

oh yeah, I restored a capcom big blue for all my SF needs. Have most of those cps2 boards and currently running Marvel Vs Capcom 2 in it right now. SFA3 is my jam even tho a lot of people prefer SFA2 in the series.

My gateway drug in this crazy ass hobby was a SFII cab I got in college, escalated to like 30+ cabs, then I found pinball and sold most of my arcades to fund pinball.

Metal Slugs are great, I always try and 1 coin complete them and its so hard. Also love all the space shumps on the Neo, some good shit for sure.

Magical Drop 3 > Bust a Move/Puzzle Bobble

#10 7 years ago

BTW NeoSD announce a flashcart for MVS for this November 15th:
http://vgleaks.com/review-neosd-mvs/

#11 7 years ago

Also love all the space shumps on the Neo, some good shit for sure.

Too bad we dont have more shmup on the system.Would like to own Neo XYX,great hommage to Toaplan

#12 7 years ago

I have owned over 10 neo geo cabs. Most were conversion cabs, but a few were dedicated two slots and four slot boards. I have kept a dedicated four slot cab. I have gifted two 'minis' to my nieces/nephews, and gifted a dedicated 2 slot to a friend. Those mini cabs are really cool!

I'm not big into cart collecting, but I have found many good titles from local operators over the years. Aero fighters 3, Bust a Move Again, Last Resort, Magician Lord, Driftout, Viewpoint are the big ones I can remember.

#13 7 years ago

SFA3 is my jam even tho a lot of people prefer SFA2 in the series.

I have a Darksoft CPS2 setup I run in an Astro City, and I love putting SFA3 on it.

Right now it's got a Third Strike board though.

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I have a Darksoft CPS2 setup I run in an Astro City, and I love putting SFA3 on it.
Right now it's got a Third Strike board though.

nice, I bought the darksoft cps2 setup and never got it up and going lol, its still in its packaging from over seas

#15 7 years ago

F-------k you guys on the west coast and your ability to easily source candy cabs. /sigh

I've owned 2 capcom big blues. Sold the last one a few months ago to http://freeplayrichardson.com/ local arcade....it's out on the floor scratched up CPO and all. Looks and plays great. Have always wanted a Neo, but I really need a cabaret or mini. King of Monsters is what Rampage wished it could be.

#16 7 years ago

I tried a group buy for somes candy but with our CAD$ plus the shipping,its was over 1300$ each,way too expensive

#17 7 years ago

I bought a modded AES years ago and was collecting games for a long time. I've since stopped collecting and have moved on to pinball but still like to plug in the giant carts and enjoy some classic 2D fighters.

If anyone happens to be an AES collector looking for hard to find or more expensive titles send me a PM with what you're looking for. I can probably work out a very good deal since I'm trying to slim down to a smaller collection and raise more funds for my pinball habit!

#18 7 years ago

BTW here a another update with his 3rd boss reveal,cant wait to get it:

#19 7 years ago

For all Neo Geo fans. You will be humming this for weeks!

#20 7 years ago

I just sold my last SNK system about a month ago. The original front loading cd system. Serial # was 000215 which was pretty cool. I had the top loader and CDZ about 15 years ago. And I had an MVS system in the late 90's. Kept this one the longest as it was the rarest.

#21 7 years ago

I have a 2 slot with a 100in1
And another 1 slot mini with a 161in1

Love me some neo geo

#22 7 years ago

Man I wanted the home Neo Geo so badly back in the early 90's... But $550 for the system and $200 per game!

Many a $5 was spent on the local Neo Geo though. Good games. Love Samurai Showdown, Magician Lord, Ninja Combat...

#23 7 years ago

I do love my AES but as far as the best system. I'm gonna go with the SNES. Not as powerful and didn't have that same wow factor but it truly had some epic games and it was "affordable" too. I'd give the Neo-Geo the coolest award tho.

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

F-------k you guys on the west coast and your ability to easily source candy cabs. /sigh

I'm working on hooking up a couple more, I might actually sell some pins and go with a CPS2 Darksoft, a CPS3 Darksoft, and then a vertical shmup cab. All Astro Cities.

#25 7 years ago

I'm in the same boat, heavier on pins, miss my cabs. I'm itching to buy a couple of classic 90's Janna cabs.

Had an AES back in the day, traded it along with my turbo duo for some N64 games. Ugh, what a horrid deal in retrospect, but this was in like 1999.

Baseball Stars 2 is the greatest baseball game ever. I so wish they would remake with a legit season mode and power up elements like the NES version of Baseball Stars.

The newest Pandoras Box has decent emulation of the Neo games for those with a jamma cab looking for a cheap Neo fix.

#26 7 years ago

Used to have lots of big reds in the day. Really a fantastic system that managed to keep relevant far longer than other systems.

I still have one big read 4 slot along with another 4 slot. Going to sell the other one as soon as I get un-lazy enough to snap some photos and post it. Kind of thinging about repainting and re stenciling the big red and keeping it as my token arcade game... way more into pins.

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

I do love my AES but as far as the best system. I'm gonna with the SNES. Not as powerful and didn't have that same wow factor but it truly had some epic games and it was "affordable" too. I'd give the Neo-Geo the coolest award tho.

Even til this day nothing beats SMW.

Quoted from dsmoke1986:

I'm in the same boat, heavier on pins, miss my cabs. I'm itching to buy a couple of classic 90's Janna cabs.
Had an AES back in the day, traded it along with my turbo duo for some N64 games. Ugh, what a horrid deal in retrospect, but this was in like 1999.
Baseball Stars 2 is the greatest baseball game ever. I so wish they would remake with a legit season mode and power up elements like the NES version of Baseball Stars.
The newest Pandoras Box has decent emulation of the Neo games for those with a jamma cab looking for a cheap Neo fix.

The best part about Baseball Stars Professional? CHANGE

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

AES Way to rich for my blood
MVS I have been wanting one for a while
lots of great games on that platform

If you ever want to buy one let me know, I've got a two slot modified for free play with a the coin door swapped for one without slots/mechs. I'm hoping to sell this one and get one I can put in my shop instead.

I know I can modify it back, but why bother doing that when I know there's plenty of people who will want one like this?

#29 7 years ago

Love the Neo Geo. Built a custom 6-switch arcade cab 11 years ago before getting into pinball.

Sold it, only kept one game: NEO TURF MASTERS!

"On the qweeen!!!!"

Hope to build a new, slim arcade again someday.

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

"On the qweeen!!!!"

"Player one had a baaaaaaaaaad day"

NeoTurfMasters09 (resized).pngNeoTurfMasters09 (resized).png

#31 7 years ago

MVS is what started me into this goddamn sickness. Still have my MVS-1 arcade.

#32 7 years ago

I had a the 4 cart version with a 200 in 1 pack, loved it but it had to sell, looking for one again.

#33 7 years ago

I've owned several dedicated 2 a 4 slots but I now have the true " big red " a dedicated 6 slot. Funny thing though my wife and I owned a game store for several years and SNK being my favorite company and owning every console they released minus the front loading cd, we never play it now that we got into pins.

#34 7 years ago

Samurai Showdown boiiiiiii!!!!!

#35 7 years ago

And the last blade too.

#36 7 years ago

A big red 2- or 4-slot is one of my next vid purchases along with a Tempest.

I play them all the time on my MAME cabinet, but I still want a cabinet with an mvs board. Plan to use it for JAMMA board swaps and testing too.

Favorites are the Metal Slug series, Super Dodge Ball, Baseball, lots of cool titles.

#37 7 years ago

Metal Slug! And BustAMove ate a couple of my favs

#38 7 years ago

I have a single slot with a 138 in 1 in it. Love the cab and the multicart is terrific. I'm hoping someone comes out with a CF/SD card flash cart eventually.

Favorite games are definitely Puzzle Bobble (with the GF), Metal Slug 1-3, Windjammers (sadly not on the 138 cart), League Bowling, Baseball Stars 2, and as others have mentioned... NEO TURF MASTERS! Without question the best golf game ever made. Eff Golden Tee.

#39 7 years ago

Let's discuss ideal four slot loadouts!

My picks:

Neo Turf Masters (poops all over Golden tee)
Metal Slug
Puzzle Bobble (huge hit with the GF's at parties)
Then maybe a fighting game?

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Let's discuss ideal four slot loadouts!

ahhh 4 slot is so hard to fill perfectly, too bad the 6 slots are so finicky

id go:
Windjammers (Sports Slot) - could go Baseball Stars or Neo Turf Masters but Wind Jammers is the best head to head game ever
Magical Drop 3 (Puzzle Slot) - Could go Puzzle Bobble/Bust a Move but Magical drop 3 is better
Blazing Star or Ironclad (Shmups Slot) Last Resort and Viewpoint are ballin' too
Metal Slug 2 - Never leaves system.

if a fighting game was in it id go KOF99 or SS2

#41 7 years ago

My 4 slot would be:

Nam1975
Baseball Stars 2
Shock Troopers 2nd squad
Art of Fighting

#42 7 years ago

For me:

Viewpoint (aged really well, just played this recently)
Metal Slug
Nightmare in the Dark
Puzzle Bobble

#43 7 years ago

I always felt the games were cheap knockoffs with Bugatti pricing. Doesn't mean I still didn't want the console though.

And I think I thought that because the cabinet looked like a generic multi-game machine.

#44 7 years ago

I Sold all my games and just bought a 161 in 1 Cart. It's the only Video machine in my home arcade. Works great.

#45 7 years ago

I just bought a 4 slot again and keeping this one, I did have a 161 in 1 cart with my old one but sold it as part of the deal, I can't remember where I got it from, they are all over ebay and the like but does anyone know a reliable source, or does it not matter much?

IMG_1379 (resized).JPGIMG_1379 (resized).JPG

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Then maybe a fighting game?

Garou: Mark of the Wolves!

#47 7 years ago

Modified my X-Arcade console to make it more Neo-geo friendly

IMG_20140909_190807 (resized).jpgIMG_20140909_190807 (resized).jpg

#48 7 years ago

Ain't nothing better than 1 on 1 Windjammers action.

#49 7 years ago

Big neo geo fan here. I'm a pretty big retro collector but AES is too rich for me. I do plan on adding an MVS into the basement at some point though!

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Garou: Mark of the Wolves!

Isn't that one pretty pricey?

There are 122 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-neo-geo-fans-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.