(Topic ID: 163022)

Any mylar experts want to help?

By KornFreak28

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Post_to_ball_gap2_(resized).jpg
    Post_to_ball_gap_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KloggMonkey.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from KornFreak28:That is the thing. I have no idea how long its been like that since I just bought the machine. Should I try the hair dryer first and then remove if the hair dryer doesn't work? If I cut it, will that prevent further lifting?
    To cut it, do I cut right on top of the PF? Or do I lift and cut?
    What about using a thin strip of mylar and sticking one side of the mylar to the edge of the bubble and stick the other end on the wood down in the hole? Sort of like an "anchor" to hold it and prevent it from getting worse? I know it sounds weird but just an idea
    Thanks!

Try the hair dryer first.
    Then cut it, it should prevent further lifting since you are cutting away the lifted part.
    I would cut away the lifted part instead of cutting down on the playfield , that way you don't chance scoring the playfield by cutting right on top of it.

Don't do the "anchor thing"

Is this a small mylar or a big playfield covering area?

I would consider removing completely. Freeze spray, goo gone, flour, naphtha, or whatever the current popular way to remove is.
    Then you can wax and redo the mylar or not.
    Seems to be the swap kickout area, maybe remove the existing mylar and use a cliffy or a small spot of mylar where the ball lands coming out of the kick out

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KloggMonkey.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-mylar-experts-want-to-help?tu=KloggMonkey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.