Any must see pinball locations in Los Angles and San Diego?

(Topic ID: 176362)

Any must see pinball locations in Los Angles and San Diego?

By PanaPinResto

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by jhanley
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

I'm going to be in the LA and San Diego areas for a couple weeks over the holidays. What are the best pinball locations in the area? I see some on the pinside map I plan on checking out but what's your favorite?

#3 1 year ago

Comic Hero University in Fullerton has a nice selection of games.

#4 1 year ago

Yes, but they can't all be "must see" locations. I'm looking for places with enough games to keep the whole family busy for a few hours. Would love to play all the newer stern machines. Heck, I haven't even played GB yet.

#5 1 year ago

LA, One of the largest cities in the US and only 3 locations with more than a dozen games... and only one with more than 20?

Such weakness...

http://pinballmap.com/la
    http://pinballmap.com/sandiego

Hopefully you can find some collectors who are willing to share their stash with ya!

#6 1 year ago
    Quoted from Caucasian2Step:

LA, One of the largest cities in the US and only 3 locations with more than a dozen games... and only one with more than 20?

Hey, LA just got a football team for the first time in over 20 years and they really suck! Asking for mega arcades around here is a real stretch...

#7 1 year ago

Such weakness...
    http://pinballmap.com/la
    http://pinballmap.com/sandiego
    Hopefully you can find some collectors who are willing to share their stash with ya!

This surprised me also. I figured there would be several places with lots of machines. Even when I visited Chile they had an arcade with 25 pins.

#8 1 year ago

AYCE Gogi in Van Nuys has the best/nicest machines in LA. Check pinball maps.

#9 1 year ago

Such weakness...

You basically pointed out the problem. LA is huge, no one walks anywhere, driving is a huge pain, it's not a great recipe for location play to grow. It's like the opposite of the PNW.

Some of the best private collections in the world. But it will probably never be a great location play place.

#10 1 year ago

82 is a place actually (in the downtown area). I also like Button Mash. As pointed out, there is not much to choose from in LA except for the once a year show out in Banning.

#11 1 year ago

Highly recommend The High Dive in SD. The Brisket Melt and a few craft beers. They actually have a MET Premium on location. The Eight Ball Champ was fun as heck. Also had Kiss when I was there. Hot waitresses and friendly.

#12 1 year ago

Lol, 82 is a place. I thought you ment there were 82 locations.

#13 1 year ago

You mentioned for a family - 82 does not allow minors, so that might have reduced your options.

#14 1 year ago

Harbor Town Pub in San Diego just expanded their lineup to 7 machines. And despite 'Pub' in the name, they're more welcoming of children/families than the other pinball spots (Coin-Op, Waterfront).

For family-friendly locations in LA, it's hard to beat Ayce Gogi. The pins are kind of in a back "bar" area, but they don't seem to be real strict about disallowing kids in there.

#15 1 year ago

Ca sucks for pinball places. Not sure why. Only a handful of places already mentioned. Are you coming to Anaheim? I have 22 machines to play. Just let me know including GB LE. All the new Sterns.

#16 1 year ago

calprog's got the goods alright. Can I come over too? I promise I won't spill anything this time.

2 months later
    #17 1 year ago

Flying into San Diego tonight. Doesn't seem like much available. Will be at the bruery in LA Tuesday night. Anywhere to play in SD or around Placentia (near Anaheim)? Gotta pack up two pallets of beer to ship back to Wisconsin...

#18 1 year ago
    Quoted from kettchxxii:

Anywhere to play in SD or around Placentia (near Anaheim)?

Fullerton is next to Placentia and Anaheim and Comic Hero University has several machines.

http://www.comicherou.com/

#19 1 year ago

Do you have the pinball map app on your phone? San Diego is well covered there, assume LA is.

#20 1 year ago

When we were in SanDiego there was a place next to Miramar naval base.I cant remember the name.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 214.99
    $ 19.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    liorillusion
    $ 50.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Just 3D Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 119.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 14.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 76.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7.00
    Various Other Swag
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 45.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ...redshiftLED
    $ 45.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 14.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside