rami-malek-emmys-mr-robot (resized).jpg
50092-robo (resized).jpg
GiantRobot_400x400 (resized).jpg
Attention (resized).jpg
fsociety (resized).png
20160715_014802 (resized).jpg
20160715_014107 (resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

I really like this show and love how it exposes some real shit! It's a mind trip show for sure.

#2 7 years ago

Havent watched it yet, but it's on my watchlist after stranger things. Looking forward to that already, have heard good things about it

#3 7 years ago

Yep. Notice anything interesting in this pic from season 1?

20160715_014107 (resized).jpg20160715_014107 (resized).jpg

#4 7 years ago

Ha! Nice catch!

#5 7 years ago

I can't identify it though. A true pro like vid1900 or Lloyd probably could.

#6 7 years ago

Slightly bigger

20160715_014802 (resized).jpg20160715_014802 (resized).jpg

#7 7 years ago

Yep, loved the first series. Started slowly but it got going nicely.

The series had a Fight Club feel to it. My wife thought I was crazy when I said Christian Slater was imaginary after the 3rd or 4th episode.

Spoiler? Or not? You'll have to watch to find out ...

rd

#8 7 years ago

Yes, it's a great show. One of the best currently airing, imo. It skirts the line of being "out there" but also relatable so well that I'm always worried that each new episode will somehow either jump the shark or delve too far into mediocrity. So far, nearly flawless, though.

#9 7 years ago

The first 15 minutes of last week's episode had me laughing out loud several times. Awesome show!

#10 7 years ago

Easily the most entertaining show on TV right now. Elliot makes me feel normal.

#11 7 years ago

No Elliot last night, but his sister has now proven she is not to be fucked with! Wow!

#12 7 years ago

I really liked Season 1. Haven't started watching Season 2 yet.

#13 7 years ago

Awesome show - Total mind *uck!

#14 7 years ago

I loved the season 2 end of episode rant on his AA/narc anon group.
I don't listen to my imaginary friends,
Why the fuck would I listen to yours.
(did I just really say that?)

Great fresh idea for a show,
So sick of the recycled bullshit.

#15 7 years ago

fsociety (resized).pngfsociety (resized).png

Attention (resized).jpgAttention (resized).jpg

1 week later
#16 7 years ago

I'm all caught up on Season 2 now.

Wow, the twist at the end of EP 7 (when Krista asks Elliot if he knows where he is right now) was amazing. Never saw that coming!

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

Never saw that coming!

the skinheads trying to give him the old "you dropped the soap" gave it away for me

#18 7 years ago

Hello friend.....give a man a gun & he can rob a bank, but give a man a bank, & he can rob the world. F Society.

#19 7 years ago

I watched the official Apple product keynote speech today and thought of what Elliot told his shrink...

"we collectively thought Steve Jobs was a great man even when we knew he made billions off the backs of children?"

Gulp!

#20 7 years ago

it doesn't look like a real playfield at all. Way to many mechs on there, and no lamp sockets or wiring. Apron looks oversized. I think they had a playfield and just screwed a bunch of metal on it to look like a playfield.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

it doesn't look like a real playfield at all. Way to many mechs on there, and no lamp sockets or wiring. Apron looks oversized. I think they had a playfield and just screwed a bunch of metal on it to look like a playfield.

Hmmmmmmmm Neos been drinking.
http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1977

I just started watching the new season.

The first episode (double episode) was weeeeeird. My Mrs couldn't follow it.

Third and forth calmed down a little.

I like it, I like weird stuff that's outside the square. But I think a lot of people (like Mrs RD) have trouble following it, its too weird for them. She did get into the first series after a while, so we will see how she goes this time around.

rd

#22 7 years ago

Season 1 was awesome to the end. Season 2 has lost the plot IMO. The cool caper interludes are pretty muted this season, and what capers there are have people doing them I can't stand (like dumbface, selfhelp-loving, Angela). I also liked the more clever use of time and order in Season 1. There's also too much "hey look at us, we have hacker cred" real-world callouts in Season 2. There was only one in Season 1, really, and that was the Lizard Squad arcade machine in the hideout. I was concerned that didn't bode well for Season 2, and so far, I'd say I was right. I'm not even caught up on all the episodes, when I couldn't wait to watch them on Season 1.

So, basically hoping it gets back more on track with a pace and rhythm more similar to Season 1.

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Hmmmmmmmm Neos been drinking.
http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1977
I just started watching the new season.
The first episode (double episode) was weeeeeird. My Mrs couldn't follow it.
Third and forth calmed down a little.
I like it, I like weird stuff that's outside the square. But I think a lot of people (like Mrs RD) have trouble following it, its too weird for them. She did get into the first series after a while, so we will see how she goes this time around.
rd

Since I own robot. I know that is not a robot playfield. I know it very very well.

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Season 1 was awesome to the end. Season 2 has lost the plot IMO. The cool caper interludes are pretty muted this season, and what capers there are have people doing them I can't stand (like dumbface, selfhelp-loving, Angela). I also liked the more clever use of time and order in Season 1. There's also too much "hey look at us, we have hacker cred" real-world callouts in Season 2. There was only one in Season 1, really, and that was the Lizard Squad arcade machine in the hideout. I was concerned that didn't bode well for Season 2, and so far, I'd say I was right. I'm not even caught up on all the episodes, when I couldn't wait to watch them on Season 1.
So, basically hoping it gets back more on track with a pace and rhythm more similar to Season 1.

I watched a little bit of "Hacking Robot" last night (that's the "Talking Dead" copycat aftershow) and the cast discussed a bit of the rationale behind the season 2 slowdown. The gist seemed to be that they're thinking longer term (5 seasons was mentioned by Rami) so they've needed to slow it a bit, since they can't constantly have huge, world-altering hacks taking place. Basically they're using this time to both explore the ramifications of what has happened, as well as introduce new characters and better develop older ones.

Ive liked season 2 thus far, though i agree that is slower and not as good as season 1, but for what it's worth, it appears that at least it was a targeted choice and not just shoddy writing or something.

#25 7 years ago

I prefer giant robot.

GiantRobot_400x400 (resized).jpgGiantRobot_400x400 (resized).jpg

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from nman:

I watched a little bit of "Hacking Robot" last night (that's the "Talking Dead" copycat aftershow) and the cast discussed a bit of the rationale behind the season 2 slowdown. The gist seemed to be that they're thinking longer term (5 seasons was mentioned by Rami) so they've needed to slow it a bit, since they can't constantly have huge, world-altering hacks taking place. Basically they're using this time to both explore the ramifications of what has happened, as well as introduce new characters and better develop older ones.

That's all well and good in the goals department, but if they constrict the main character to the point where what was enjoyable about watching him the first season isn't there much in the second, they might not get to seasons 3,4,5 if the audience leaves. It's a balancing act they seem to be failing - and viewers are down like 40% from last year, which is not a good sign.

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I prefer giant robot.

Johnny Sakko!!!

Loved this show as a kid!

50092-robo (resized).jpg50092-robo (resized).jpg

#28 7 years ago

I watched the after show too. You could see they were trying really hard not to spoil anything! LOL!

#29 7 years ago

Rob I'm addicted to this show. It is soooo good. Hope it wins an Emmy this year.

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

Johnny Sakko!!!
Loved this show as a kid!

Metromedia Television 11, every day after school in So Cal. Appointment television.

1 week later
#33 7 years ago

"Kyle Chandler of Netflix’s “Bloodline,” Bob Odenkirk of AMC’s “Better Call Saul,” Matthew Rhys of FX’s “The Americans,” Liev Schreiber of Showtime’s “Ray Donovan,” and Kevin Spacey of Netflix’s “House of Cards” were also up for the award."

Solid nominee list, all good shows, no network crap.

#34 7 years ago

Last week I binge-watched both seasons of Mr. Robot

Get your mask before Halloween!

Mr_Robot_Pinball (resized).jpgMr_Robot_Pinball (resized).jpg

1 week later
#35 7 years ago

Just finished last weeks season finale. This show gets better and better.

What a serious mind-fuck!

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

Just finished last weeks season finale. This show gets better and better.
What a serious mind-fuck!

Actually, i just got around to watching it tonight too. Good stuff. Glad to see they're keeping it interesting. I feel like i should unplug all of my UPS's now...

#37 7 years ago

Spotted this in SD. Why does Dark Army use a Commodore 64? It was then I realized this show is really trying to f the viewer's throwback mind with some classic DOS script. IMG_00005317 (resized).jpgIMG_00005317 (resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.