Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by LTG
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

My wife's family lives in Minneapolis, and we get up there at least a couple of times a year, i was just wondering if there was any sort of pinball expo there. I need to get to SS, to check that out for a cool place to visit, and i also heard of "pinball on a stick" at the state fair (not sure if that is still going on or not) Anyway, just wondering if any fellow pinsiders from the north know of any such event. thanks

#2 12 years ago

I think its over but if your going to be in that area you have to check out SS Billiards. While Ive never been there myself its on my list of must-do's. go LTG

#3 12 years ago

SS billards has weekly and monthly things
    Blainbrook (in blaine) has a lot of pin's...40-50 and they do tourny's on the weekends.

#4 12 years ago

Thank you northvibe. My next trip up there, i really want to check out SS. ive been to the website, and i've gathered that LTG is a legend

#5 12 years ago

Yep. It's SS Billiards in Hopkins (ask Lloyd the owner what Launch Those Geese is all about) and the Blainbrook and that's about it for pinball in Minnesota. As far as we know anyways.

#6 12 years ago

Hey,

I have relatives in the area as well. As far as I know, Pinball on a Stick is the closest thing to an expo. Other than that, there are a good number of routed games kicking around, but I'd try SS Billiards in Hopkins and Blainebrook Bowl in Blaine. They're the places I wind up at when I'm there.

Luke

#7 12 years ago

there are some at the mermaid in mounds view
    WPT
    Batman
    HD
    LOTR

#8 12 years ago

Yup, both great places, go to both. No expo type events going on I am aware of. Lloyd does run monthly events and several larger events through out the year. I know Blainebrook also does tourneys, check their websites, never know Otherwise several non-public events can be found as well. We need to coordinate a Iowa party, you guys could rent a bus and go on tour or something

Have fun, good hunting!!

#9 12 years ago

SS Billiards and Blainebrook Bowl are the two best locations but there are a couple of smaller venues as well.

Maplewood Bowl has a few. Last time I was there I believe they had a Spiderman, Medieval Madness, Simpson Pinball Party and World Poker Tour. Spiderman had a broken flipper but the others were serviceable.

Eclipse Records in St. Paul had half a dozen games or so but alas, just checked and it looks like they are now closed.

Pinball on a stick is my favorite but that's only going on during the Minnesota State Fair. Great line-up and reasonably priced games.

#10 12 years ago

Maybe we should put together a Pinside MN/IA party????

#11 12 years ago

You can check the SS Billiards website for upcoming pinball events at my business.
    http://www.ssbilliards.com/

Normal things are the Crazy Joe Esposito Pinball Event the second Thursday every month.
    Pinball Circus Spring and Fall. Next one is March 31st and April 1st. One entry fee for two days. Sunday is free play pinball and two tournaments, Saturday is free play pinball, one ball TOPS tournaments, Goose Egg Event, two tournaments, and free pop and hot dogs all day, pizza from Pizza Luce' every two hours. The last one 12 more pins were brought in for the event.
    May Day Tournament the first weekend in May.
    Friday after Thanksgiving tournaments.
    New Year's Day tournaments.

And occasionally Pinball Picnics or Launch Those Geese events. And when I get a new pinball machine, I always have a party to introduce that game. Usually on free play and Famous Dave's ribs.

I started my own ranking system, the Universal Players Yearly Organized United Ranking System, to track people that regularly attend my events, so I can do things just for them. New Year's Day there will be a separate tournament for the top point holders. There is a website so the players can track their standings.

LTG

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-minn-pin-expos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.