(Topic ID: 4175)

Any Member Here Who Does'nt Own A Pinball?

By pinmike

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 50 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by Brokedad
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

awwman.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jarjarisgod.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 12 years ago

Wow! If there were a "Pinside Hero" award I would nominate pinmike for it. That's a very generous offer. Nice way to introduce somebody to the wonderful world of pinball.

#22 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinmike:

Thank you Jarjar,How are you today?

I'm doing well thanks... Just dreaming of what pin to buy next like usual. Oh, and attempting to figure out what is wrong with my garbage disposal. How about yourself?

#26 12 years ago

Good grief. Does he think you were born yesterday?

What did it end up going for? I've seen a number of them for sale online. Just wondering if you could get a better price elsewhere...

#28 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinmike:

It went for 1120,I had a gut feeling this was going to end up like this
    which is no big deal

Nothing like the wacky world of Ebay. I think I know which auction you're talking about. Noticed it a couple times while looking for new machines this past week. I've yet to bid for a machine on Ebay. Based on experiences like yours, I'm kinda dreading the day I do.

#30 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinmike:

Your gonna have BS like that on Ebay but just stick with the price you are
    willing to pay for and watch out for second chance offers right after the
    auction ends those are always suspicious.

Just like buying a car. You gotta be able to walk away. I actually lucked out with LOTR. It was on Ebay, nobody bid on it, and so I contacted the seller. By the time I contacted him he already had an accepted offer from somebody else. A couple days later he contacts me to see if I'm still interested because the other buyer fell through. Ended up getting it for $400 less than what it was originally listed for. Just goes to show that patience IS a virtue.

#32 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinmike:

I got mine about 500 less but as you know i had some issues with
    the machine.I fixed up everything accept that darn Balrog flasher issue

Ugh! That damn flasher. There has to be a fix for that... Still bugs me and it's not even my machine. I can only imagine how you feel about it.

#34 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinmike:

I try to ignore it but it bugs me to see no glow.I will probably clip off
    those zipties on the wires under the playfield are trace that one wire
    all the way back.

Sounds like a plan. Do you have a digital multimeter? If so, might be worth hooking that bad boy up and seeing what sorts of voltages you're drawing.

#36 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinmike:

Yes i have one and thats the plan im going for

Well played sir!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jarjarisgod.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-member-here-who-doesnt-own-a-pinball?tu=jarjarisgod and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.