(Topic ID: 4175)

Any Member Here Who Does'nt Own A Pinball?

By pinmike

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 50 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by Brokedad
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

awwman.jpeg
    #1 12 years ago

Might be a silly question but anyone on Pinside who doesnt own
    a Pinball Machine? If you dont please post i have something for you
    Thanks,Mike

#2 12 years ago

I have had my first pinball machine for about two weeks now but it is failing more often than it is working so it is almost as if I was a Pinside member with no pinball. Waiting for a guy to come and have a look at it. (Either no power at all on the flippers or randomly blowing the fuses when they are activated on a FT. Fuses are ok)

#3 12 years ago
    Quoted from BonisEnr:

I have had my first pinball machine for about two weeks now but it is failing more often than it is working so it is almost as if I was a Pinside member with no pinball. Waiting for a guy to come and have a look at it. (Either no power at all on the flippers or randomly blowing the fuses when they are activated on a FT. Fuses are ok)

I'm sorry to hear and your still having problems with the board if i remember
    correctly it was the connector on a different kind of board that was not the same
    as other members had mentioned about

#4 12 years ago

Are the fuses blowing on the fliptronics board?

#5 12 years ago

Hmmm i think i know where this might be going.I think.

#6 12 years ago

I don't have any. I live in an apartment so the noise would be too much for the neighbors.

Also, I live about ten minutes from two pinball museums and there's 125 games between the two.

#7 12 years ago
    Quoted from Shane300zx:

Hmmm i think i know where this might be going.I think.

Hi Shane

#8 12 years ago

I don't currently own a machine, been looking hard for a few months now though. I'll be joining the ranks soon enough.

#9 12 years ago
    Quoted from jonnyo:

Also, I live about ten minutes from two pinball museums and there's 125 games between the two.

I'm on the wrong coast...

#10 12 years ago

I bought my first machine and haven't been able to get it working. Looking for another one, but its hard to find a good machine under 2k in socal.

#11 12 years ago

I don't currently own a pin. I am what you call "house poor" and plus my basement has had some recent leaking/flooding problems, so I need to get that squared away before I can start saving to get my first pin.

#12 12 years ago

Pinside is honestly the most helpful forum, I've ever been a part of. They guys and girls here seriously help each-other out. You also don't bash newbies like me. Seems like lots of other forums see newbies as competition. It doesn't feel like that here.

Very kind of pinmike for helping someone get started. Be warned though, pinball is like Pringles, "once you pop you can't stop".

On a related note it would be cool to see a Pinside traveling machine. You keep it for a few months and then pass it to the next Pinsider who requests it, hopefully locally. Keep a log book with it to note any stories, repairs, high scores, etc. Probably wouldn't work, anything of value would be a target for theft.

#13 12 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

It would be cool to see a Pinside traveling machine. You keep it for a few months and then pass it to the next Pinsider who requests it, hopefully locally

That might be an idea to start at next falls outing! lol I guess you get if first since it's your idea. Perhaps we could all chip in for a new Tron or WOZ??

#14 12 years ago

I think we'd need to come up with a way of preventing someone from just keeping it.

PS: I see your not to far away and you mentioned golf in your outing. If you ever want to golf at Eagle Ridge in Galena, IL send me a PM. I can't really open it up to everyone, but I can bring along a few friends.

PSS: I'd also like to see some more of the public games listed in our area. I listed the few I know about, but I'm sure there are a lot more hiding in the midwest.

#15 12 years ago

Alright here is the deal i have a Bally Black Pyramid Pin i would like to
    give to a member who doesnt have a pin and would like to have one
    The machine works and plays good it just needs a coil i gave it a real
    good cleaning i changed out the lights,cleaned the playfield,installed
    new rubbers.The machine could use a new coin door and new legs.The
    only problem is alot of members live pretty far from me who knows
    maybe something can be done with shipping.Thanks,Mike

// Error: Image 5430 not found // // Error: Image 5431 not found //

#16 12 years ago

Some more pics

// Error: Image 5433 not found // // Error: Image 5434 not found //

#17 12 years ago

Super generous offer. Black Pyramid is a pretty fun game, especially to cut your teeth on. Left shot, right shot, left shot, right shot, left shot....

#18 12 years ago

If I didn't think the shipping to Montreal would cost more than the price of the table I'd almost be up for paying for shipping... but I imagine it's pretty expensive to securely ship these things across North America...

#19 12 years ago

Wow! If there were a "Pinside Hero" award I would nominate pinmike for it. That's a very generous offer. Nice way to introduce somebody to the wonderful world of pinball.

#20 12 years ago
    Quoted from skudfisher:

If I didn't think the shipping to Montreal would cost more than the price of the table I'd almost be up for paying for shipping... but I imagine it's pretty expensive to securely ship these things across North America... []

Shipping across the U.S. is usually around 400-450 bucks i really dont know
    about canada and also custom charges

#21 12 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Wow! If there were a "Pinside Hero" award I would nominate pinmike for it. That's a very generous offer. Nice way to introduce somebody to the wonderful world of pinball.

Thank you Jarjar,How are you today?

#22 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinmike:

Thank you Jarjar,How are you today?

I'm doing well thanks... Just dreaming of what pin to buy next like usual. Oh, and attempting to figure out what is wrong with my garbage disposal. How about yourself?

#23 12 years ago
    Quoted from ARTMAN:

Super generous offer. Black Pyramid is a pretty fun game, especially to cut your teeth on. Left shot, right shot, left shot, right shot, left shot....

It is a pretty hard game.

#24 12 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

I'm doing well thanks... Just dreaming of what pin to buy next like usual. Oh, and attempting to figure out what is wrong with my garbage disposal. How about yourself?

Doing Pretty good today

#25 12 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

I lost the auction on WWF by like 20 bucks and the funny thing is the seller
    contacts me saying the person who won the auction wants to pay cash and
    he doesnt want cash and he wants paypal.Now does this BS make any sense?
    Does he think that im that stupid.He probably had a buddy bump up the auction
    bid but went too far.I hope other members see this and dont fall for this BS

#26 12 years ago

Good grief. Does he think you were born yesterday?

What did it end up going for? I've seen a number of them for sale online. Just wondering if you could get a better price elsewhere...

#27 12 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Good grief. Does he think you were born yesterday?

What did it end up going for? I've seen a number of them for sale online. Just wondering if you could get a better price elsewhere...

It went for 1120,I had a gut feeling this was going to end up like this
    which is no big deal

#28 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinmike:

It went for 1120,I had a gut feeling this was going to end up like this
    which is no big deal

Nothing like the wacky world of Ebay. I think I know which auction you're talking about. Noticed it a couple times while looking for new machines this past week. I've yet to bid for a machine on Ebay. Based on experiences like yours, I'm kinda dreading the day I do.

#29 12 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Nothing like the wacky world of Ebay. I think I know which auction you're talking about. Noticed it a couple times while looking for new machines this past week. I've yet to bid for a machine on Ebay. Based on experiences like yours, I'm kinda dreading the day I do.

Your gonna have BS like that on Ebay but just stick with the price you are
    willing to pay for and watch out for second chance offers right after the
    auction ends those are always suspicious.

#30 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinmike:

Your gonna have BS like that on Ebay but just stick with the price you are
    willing to pay for and watch out for second chance offers right after the
    auction ends those are always suspicious.

Just like buying a car. You gotta be able to walk away. I actually lucked out with LOTR. It was on Ebay, nobody bid on it, and so I contacted the seller. By the time I contacted him he already had an accepted offer from somebody else. A couple days later he contacts me to see if I'm still interested because the other buyer fell through. Ended up getting it for $400 less than what it was originally listed for. Just goes to show that patience IS a virtue.

#31 12 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Just like buying a car. You gotta be able to walk away. I actually lucked out with LOTR. It was on Ebay, nobody bid on it, and so I contacted the seller. By the time I contacted him he already had an accepted offer from somebody else. A couple days later he contacts me to see if I'm still interested because the other buyer fell through. Ended up getting it for $400 less than what it was originally listed for. Just goes to show that patience IS a virtue. []

I got mine about 500 less but as you know i had some issues with
    the machine.I fixed up everything accept that darn Balrog flasher issue

#32 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinmike:

I got mine about 500 less but as you know i had some issues with
    the machine.I fixed up everything accept that darn Balrog flasher issue

Ugh! That damn flasher. There has to be a fix for that... Still bugs me and it's not even my machine. I can only imagine how you feel about it.

#33 12 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Ugh! That damn flasher. There has to be a fix for that... Still bugs me and it's not even my machine. I can only imagine how you feel about it

I try to ignore it but it bugs me to see no glow.I will probably clip off
    those zipties on the wires under the playfield are trace that one wire
    all the way back.

#34 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinmike:

I try to ignore it but it bugs me to see no glow.I will probably clip off
    those zipties on the wires under the playfield are trace that one wire
    all the way back.

Sounds like a plan. Do you have a digital multimeter? If so, might be worth hooking that bad boy up and seeing what sorts of voltages you're drawing.

#35 12 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Sounds like a plan. Do you have a digital multimeter? If so, might be worth hooking that bad boy up and seeing what sorts of voltages you're drawing.

Yes i have one and thats the plan im going for

#36 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinmike:

Yes i have one and thats the plan im going for

Well played sir!

#37 12 years ago

That's really cool!

I'm sure someone would love to have that pin!

#38 12 years ago

Great job pinmike!
    Super generous offer!
    If I had a pin donated- or on the cheap, I would definitely fix it up and give to a younger pinhead.
    Spread the pinball passion!

#39 12 years ago

Anyone who has anything to say bad about Pinmike well, they better not live within a 500 mile radius of me. I got the free parts that he shipped on his dime, if that's not a stand up guy, I don't know what to say. Thank you Mike, my son is super excited and says thanks as well, To the shop I go this weekend.

#40 12 years ago
    Quoted from Shane300zx:

Anyone who has anything to say bad about Pinmike well, they better not live within a 500 mile radius of me. I got the free parts that he shipped on his dime, if that's not a stand up guy, I don't know what to say. Thank you Mike, my son is super excited and says thanks as well, To the shop I go this weekend.

Awesome!! Tell him he's very welcome and i hope everything works out and please
    let me know how it goes and good luck..

#41 12 years ago

If you're looking at giving it away, have you thought about donating it to a local boys & girls club? BrokeDad does some of that as I recall. Great way to get some kids interested in pinball, take a tax write off for yourself and help out a great organization. Maintaining it for then could be pretty fun as well - you could show the kids that you don't have to be a rocket scientist to fix these things. Just a thought. Either way that's a hell of a nice thing you're offering.

#42 12 years ago

besides how would you decide which pinsider to give it to? there are quite a few of us (myself included) who don't own a pin. how would you pick one over the other?

#43 12 years ago
    Quoted from BigJoe:

how would you pick one over the other?

Why a 1200 word essay of course!

awwman.jpegawwman.jpeg

"Aww... FIGNUTS!!!"

#44 12 years ago

i think instead of an essay it should be a short story about pinmike going on a pinball adventure.

#45 12 years ago
    Quoted from BigJoe:

besides how would you decide which pinsider to give it to? there are quite a few of us (myself included) who don't own a pin. how would you pick one over the other?

I was hoping some member was close or might be passing thru

#46 12 years ago

When you decide if they are on the westcoast, i could likely get it from Evans, GA to socal if needed. Company runs trucks back there a couple times a week and if there is room it wouldn't take much to throw it on a pallet and on the truck.

3 weeks later
    #47 12 years ago

pinmike, I've been looking for the right machine for a couple months now. Initially i was looking for a refurb'ed unit, but half the fun I'm looking for is in putting a nice machine back into nice condition.

If this offer is still available, I'm just east of you on I20 in Brandon, MS and could easily come out to pick it up.

#48 12 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

Pinside is honestly the most helpful forum, I've ever been a part of. They guys and girls here seriously help each-other out.

Give it 6 months or a year once everyone starts migrating over from the RGP you might recant your statement, sorry to say but most are all pretty ruthless over there and could care less about helping a fellow pinball enthusiast out.

#49 12 years ago

Is the Black Pyramid fund to play? I have always loved the artwork on that one.

#50 12 years ago

Very nice offer of you pinmike !! I've donated some highly collectable (extremely old) machines to museums as I could not see keeping them from the public. They may not be on display all the time but will see display time during "themed" exhibits. They will also be preserved much better than I could do. I hope the Chicago Museum of Science and Industry puts the one out many times.

It'd be so cool to see a Pinside member get a machine like that for just pickup or shipping as their first machine.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-member-here-who-doesnt-own-a-pinball?tu= and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.