3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by swinks
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1354 (resized).JPG

#1 3 years ago

Late driving to the airport today, didn't have time to stop, but as we were driving in Melbourne, about 451 Nicholsen (or maybe Nickerson, or something close to that, there were 2 pinball games set up outside and at least 2 video games. They had legs on, so it didn't look like they were transporting them. They just looked like they were outside. Definitely on the odd numbers side of the street. I could easily be a block off on the address as it caught me by surprise and by the time I found an address, I had to estimate. It all happened so quick, I didn't recognize the games. This was about 1:30 PM Melbourne/Australian time, Wednesday, December 7, 2016.

I hope someone can check them out and let us know what they were. Maybe an op raid opportunity. Hey, a guy can dream.

Joe (joemagiera at ameritech dot net)
    joemagiera@ameritech.net

#2 3 years ago

Yes mate, you seen right, A convenience store with pins & arcade set up outside the shop under cover

#3 3 years ago

Can't help with the games you saw ,but in August I was 8 miles from your town (Wrigley Field) and now you're about 8 miles from me (Nicholson st) Wow! Hope you had a nice visit.

#4 3 years ago

This ?

Hey Joe, you still in the area.

IMG_1354 (resized).JPG

#5 3 years ago

Yeah been past there before.
    A wcs and a shaq attack. It's outside 24 hours a day so they both have lots of rust on them. If I remember correctly Shaq pf is very very worn

#6 3 years ago

Yer, that would be right, you have to play those beater's too & leave your HS id on them

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from joemagiera:

Late driving to the airport today, didn't have time to stop, but as we were driving in Melbourne, about 451 Nicholsen (or maybe Nickerson, or something close to that, there were 2 pinball games set up outside and at least 2 video games. They had legs on, so it didn't look like they were transporting them. They just looked like they were outside. Definitely on the odd numbers side of the street. I could easily be a block off on the address as it caught me by surprise and by the time I found an address, I had to estimate. It all happened so quick, I didn't recognize the games. This was about 1:30 PM Melbourne/Australian time, Wednesday, December 7, 2016.
    I hope someone can check them out and let us know what they were. Maybe an op raid opportunity. Hey, a guy can dream.
    Joe (joemagiera at ameritech dot net)
    joemagiera@ameritech.net

Hey Joe were you at the jjp event Sunday?

You here for work?

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from skywalker:

Yer, that would be right, you have to play those beater's too & leave your HS id on them

I think you are confusing me with RGR

#9 3 years ago

Until a few years ago, I worked in the city (Melbourne) for around 15 years and never spotted them.

I can't believe it. Unless this is a fairly recent development?

#10 3 years ago

I never noticed them either.

And a good response from the Melbourne locals. Well done!

#11 3 years ago

Hey Melbourne guys, go see a manager and make a very low offer..... or will deteriorate further!
    Pinball machines are not suitable for outdoor!

#12 3 years ago

Yep played them. Good old school worn to hell.

Renovators delight or realistically

A money pit as obtaining a shaq playfield here is hard to find.

#13 3 years ago

Yeah, they have been there for ages.

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from skywalker:

This ?
    Hey Joe, you still in the area.

Thanks for the responses. In town on vacation only, didn't know or attend any events. Aussie is AWESOME! Headed for home back to the states today, but there is a lot of snow falling in Chicago, so we might be delayed a day. Might be stuck in Sydney another day. YEA! (if it happens). If so, might go to the Blue Mountains. Been to Sydney, Cairns (diving on Great Barrier Reef!), Melbourne, Adelaide, Kangaroo Island, Great Ocean Road. Fantastic!

Yes, that picture looks right. Like I said, wasn't expecting it and it happened fast. Thanks much for the responses and IDs. My (non-collecting) traveling mates didn't believe me when I told them I guaranteed someone would respond to my post with an ID.

Joe

#15 3 years ago

go to Luna Park (Sydney), apparently a new section of old school pins and arcade there or Diggers club near Maroubra a heap of modern games.

Rocks Markets for something different today - no pins but nice area

if going to the Blue Mountains head to Katoomba to see the Three Sisters and then to the Skyway, worlds steepest train down at the very front and then walk the loop and sky way out of the valley. Beautiful spot

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 60.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Whitewater pinball mods
    $ 4.00
    Electronics
    Z-connector (24 pin) Out of stock
    Professor Pinball
    $ 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 17.00
    $ 32.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 38.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 115.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Merf's Pins
    $ 90.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    The Pinball Vault
    $ 27.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 9,099.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    £ 49.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 59.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 49.99
    Lighting - Led
    Comet Pinball
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 14.95
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 59.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Sales
    $ 19.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside