Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by PEN
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Thinking of getting a DH pin for the collection, had a quick look in the search by the looks of it not much for Luv for Harry,
I,m liking fast flowing games like JM, has a low rating of 7.3 on the IPDB,
What are your thoughts on this pin

#2 5 years ago

I've only played one game of it, one time - and I don't remember much about it. Sorry, no help here.

#3 5 years ago

I played it once at a bar/restaurant in NJ while on vacation. My wife had to drag me out. I didn't understand the rule set and I couldn't heard it well. I liked it a lot, I am on the hunt for one. The game flow was really good, my kind of pin. I would buy it. However, I'm a Clint Eastwood fan, I even like the movie "Every Which Way But Loose".

#4 5 years ago

I have had one for a year and play it almost every day in a 9 pin collection. Very challenging with several satisfying shots. I have sold 6 pretty good games since I got it . I recommend it highly.

#5 5 years ago

Pretty cool game. Hoping to get one someday. Might already have one if I had the room.

#6 5 years ago

Bought one last December but only recently got it all working properly.Lots of people say it is crap/boring but I have found it anything but.Only game I am playing at the moment and loving it,very fast!

#7 5 years ago

Anything related to Clint Eastwood is awesome.

#8 5 years ago

The design is great but a lot of people are turned off by the theme. If you like Clint Eastwood, I don't see how you could not like DH.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

+1

But like Clint, the game can be a real hard-ass. Not sure about tremendous flow. Surely the ramps and lanes are there for the flow, but the game requires fairly precise shots to make them. During get-togethers, it gets the least love simply because a newbie can't just walk up to it and make a lot happen. I've even had it ball-hunt on me in the middle of a ball. I think this is likely one reason for the relatively short run of them.

That said, its not one that will leave my collection. As frustrating as it can be, I'll return to it over and over again.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

No Kidding! Considering Stern's reputation with code, their net pin should feature Clint and be themed "Empty Chair".

#11 5 years ago

the game is super fun. there is much more depth than most people think. collecting items at the warehouse is crazy, I've gotten like 20 or more once, and it never defaulted back to the first item, still wondering what the last one could be? plus, wizard modes and trying to make arrests Is tough. the safehouse has like 5? modes, and a final Alcatraz MB mode. the blackout at midnight multiball is rad, although I haven't done it in a couple years. I just replaced my thrashed original PF with a super fast clear coated one. I love DH. right now i'm working on some opto issues, my gun is moving slow, I think its a daisy chain opto issue from my right loop opto (: (). I need to take her all apart just to look/replace that opto. that's pinball.

get it if you can, I love mine.

#12 5 years ago

When everything is working right, it is a great game.

Has some linearity to it in that Safecracker modes and Bullet Awards are always provided in the same sequence, but that is also one element of the game I tend to enjoy as it makes it that much more fun to make it to the last few modes and awards. I am a big fan of the last Bullet Awards: (a) Shoot Out - which is a similar concept to, for example, Save Toto, where, if you drain via outlanes, you have a chance to save your drained ball if you can hit all the bullet shots before time runs out and (b) Playfield promotion where everything on the playfield is multiplied in value by up to 5X (based on your current rank i.e., how many times you've been promoted).

The fact that the Bullet and Safecracker Awards and Modes are linear means that it is a special, rare treat to get to even see the final one or two of these awards. You will quickly become familiar with the Shot Gun Shell modes (the six modes in the center of the playfield which are not always awarded in the same sequence) and Multiball (lit to start at the Warehouse by making all 5 badge shots), but it will be a much rarer experience to get to play Alcatraz Multiball or receive the Playfield Promotion Award.

One problem with the game reputation, is that most games out on location had one of several common problems and any of these can really ruin the fun of the game:

- Left loop optos not working: This prevents the magnet from catching the ball and feeding the upper flipper for the ramp shot. The ramp shot is pretty important to the game and is hard enough even with the help of the magnet feed. It also prevents the game from recognizing left loop shots which are often needed to relight the HQ. Also kills the Ramp Shot Skill Shot choice when not working.

- Gun not working: When added to the above, if the Gun is not working, you now have lost the two fun Skill Shot choices (Load Gun or Ramp Shot). How about ruining the skill shots to start off your play time? Talk about making a game less fun! Lots of other reasons why gun failures make the game seem weak besides the lost skill shot choice, including, multiball, Feel Lucky award, and so on.

- HQ upkicker not working right: Messes with several modes and multiball.

I have rarely come across a game on location that didn't have one or more of the above problems.

#13 5 years ago

Fast with flow DH is not

Had it and love Clint but just didn't live DH I wanted to love it.

#14 5 years ago

It's a fun game, but the sight lines are a bit odd. It feels like the playfield is lower in the cabinet than other games. But that goes away after playing it a while. And then it is just a good game. Not one that is usually kept for your entire life, but bring it in, play the crap out of it for a year or two, then move it along.

#15 5 years ago

Thanks guys, Big Clint Eastwood fan, the man is a living legend of the silver screen, last of Genuine tough guys, didn't want to buy this pin for the wrong reasons, see what happens now, seen one advertised around my parts as a proto type, drop target in front of the warehouse, other than that see no differences

Luv Clint's cameo role in back to the future

#16 5 years ago

DH Promo vid, has to be one of the better Vids made

just had to put that in

#17 5 years ago

I really like the game now, but my first impressions of it were not positive, it takes some time to grow on you.

IMO, the game that needs mirror blades more than any other, and it really benefits from installing the backboard decal and doing some LED modifications as well.

Don't hesitate to buy it if the price is right!!

1 week later
#18 5 years ago

What's the heads up with the proto type version the extra drop target infront of the warehouse is that the only difference

#19 5 years ago

I have love, It is a great game with a deep rules and fast play, wasn't a keeper for me but definitely worth grabbing at a good price.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 135.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside