(Topic ID: 24527)

Any Linux Users/Developers Curious About JJP's System?

By Crash

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tinman.jpg
    thanks-alex.jpg
    ivybridge.jpg
    P1050258.JPG
    6db2913323eacdcfdb4ab78ab4d4826b.jpg
    fb77db728cada1c25e87c38da95dd2b2.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vislor.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#63 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

Thats not an ivybridge its a final generation sandybridge and you wont find it in an enterprise class server. Thats for home tinkerers and people who build shit whiteboxes. Sorry I don't play in that space. Thats not what REAL companies use.
    Go to HP, DELL or IBM's server sites and find that processor used in one of their enterprise models.
    You won't. Only dumbasses who use supermicro white boxes would put that processor in their machine. It's missing so many instructions needed to perform efficiently in a heavy HPC world that it will never make its way into an enterprise machine and hasn't. It's a desktop processor on steriods. Has no embedded option capabilities.
    Sorry but you are wrong. Just say "I Was Wrong" and we can move on. (P.S. i called out Ivybridge from the start but since you know nothing about processors and their appropriate names you had to actually find a single niche processor > 100w LOL)
    When you can write a single line of code or actually understand what a QPI link does and what the benefits of having less than more you let me know. Until then go back to sleep with you.
    BTW.. Those new ivybridge processors must be in girls laptops because they all MAX around 70-80w.
    Power consumption is priority #1 in datacenters not speed. When you learn that you may actually progress to doing something meaningful in technology.

I don't know about HP or IBM but I know Dell makes enterprise-class servers that use the C600 chipset (the server version of the X79 that you apparently don't like) of which the chip that Vid1900 pointed out is a member (E5-2600 family). 130W TDP is quite common in the server processor space in multi-core processors.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vislor.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-linux-usersdevelopers-curious-about-jjps-system?tu=vislor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.