5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by HighVoltage
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

Just curious. Next to pinball, the most fun I've ever had.
    Steve

#2 5 years ago

Are you talking about LeMans endurance racing?

#3 5 years ago
    Quoted from SuperGrafx:

Are you talking about LeMans endurance racing?

Not quite lol

#5 5 years ago

Frickin awesome! Reminds me of when I use to drag race a 1977 Subaru wagon When I was a freshman in high school. Ran 20.60's every single time! Slow but consistent. Wasn't a solid panel on the car. I'm going to have to check this out!

#6 5 years ago

I've been wanting to do this for years.

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from mdelorenzo:

I've been wanting to do this for years.

Go to the website that was posted and see if there is a race near you. There is a forum
    on the site and one section is for teams looking for help.

For those that might be interested, LeMons is a parody of NASCAR. Its hobby, endurace racing
    on some of the very best road courses around the country. The basic idea is buy a car for $500
    or less and turn it into a full blown race car. This includes the same safety requirements as NASCAR
    (fire suit, certified helmet, full cage, etc). While its serious racing, and not inexpensive by any means,
    it is a LOT of fun.

A lot of effort is made to keep things light hearted. One example is teams get extra points by having
    a theme. Ours is based on the Austin Powers movie 'Goldmember'. Others include roto-ruter
    (an RX-7 team), one teams theme is the Godfather and their car has a fake horse head mounted
    to the top. Another example is if you do something really stupid on the track you get black flagged
    and have to come in to get chewed out. In extreme cases people are wrapped in seran wrap,
    and made to stand in a corner with a dunce cap as an example to others.

The creativity engineering wise is amazing. One of my favorite entries is a previously wrecked
    Porche 911 with a turbo diesel engine gratfted into it. Complete with semi-style exhaust
    stack and flapper valve. The rear wing consists to two tractor seats. There are many cars like this.

Our team fields two cars. A Jensen-Healey and '98 Mustang. The J-H is painted gold with
    appropriate theme gadgets and the 'Stang is painted as a Brit flag.
    Steve

#8 5 years ago

I would probably sign up right now if not for having to construct a roll cage. It's something I can't do myself.

Overall, I love the idea but I'm concerned that I can't get the vehicle I want to use race worthy and safe for $500 simply because I really couldn't do much of the work myself.

#9 5 years ago

Parody of NASCAR? They don't do endurance racing and don't turn right very often. Its a parody of Le Mans/Sports car racing if anything. Hence the name.

I've been a PCA racer for years and the $ finally took its toll. A set of tires alone cost more than building an entire Lemons car.

I've been thinking of LeMons and looking of a team of guys to race with here in ATL.

By the way, cage is not included in the $500 limit - Safety equipment is excluded from the calculation.

#10 5 years ago

This sounds really fun, and there's an event in Washington State! If I can't find a way to get involved, I'm for sure going to go down to Shleton and check out the festivities.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside