• Hell no, I do not want the hassles 35 votes
    25%
  • I love my rental properties 48 votes
    34%
  • I have been thinking about doing that 28 votes
    20%
  • I used to and called it quits 31 votes
    22%

(Multiple choice - 142 votes by 141 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7E1755C7-8593-4FA2-92A9-9E2FE625EE32 (resized).jpeg
STFU Donnie (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
6F4F8A2D-CABB-420F-9A7C-D1DF45B82DCF (resized).jpeg
laneway (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rotordave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Anyway, tenants at 2 houses have been awesome for a long time now, and if they keep it up I may do a new will, and will them the house when I die.

Holy!

Wish you were my landlord!

Out of interest, how much $$ are the houses in your area ... what sort of rent do you get?

Always interesting to compare ..

rd

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Houses are high now, running 150k to over 200k for a decent place. The most I ever paid was 112k.

Yeah, houses are cheap in most of America. Except the big cities ...

We drove around Texas, there were some shitty houses in small towns for like $10,000. Lol!

In large cities in NZ and Australia (and Canada) you really can’t get much under $1,000,000.

Which at the moment is $650,000 USD (but the exchange rate is currently very low - usually $1,000,000 NZD = $750,000 USD ish)

Close to Auckland city centre, this is what $1,000,000 USD buys ... 2 little Sections.

If you built a nice little townhouse on one of those sections, it’d be worth 2,500,000 NZ bucks.

Like anywhere, the further you go out from the city centre, the cheaper the places get. You can get a decent older family home in Pukekohe (40 mins drive from the city) for around $650,000 ($450k USD)

Because the houses are so expensive, you can’t really get a good return as a landlord.

Using the $650,000 Pukekohe house as an example, that would rent for $500 a week - so $26k a year - less your taxes and upkeep - you’d make about $20k a year I guess. About 3%. Not super great.

I only have commercial - A lot better return and the tenant has responsibility for upkeep and taxes etc. Over here, at least - I can’t speak for the States.

rd
6F4F8A2D-CABB-420F-9A7C-D1DF45B82DCF (resized).jpeg6F4F8A2D-CABB-420F-9A7C-D1DF45B82DCF (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rotordave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-landlords-here-please-post-tips-and-stories?tu=rotordave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.