• Hell no, I do not want the hassles 35 votes
    25%
  • I love my rental properties 48 votes
    34%
  • I have been thinking about doing that 28 votes
    20%
  • I used to and called it quits 31 votes
    22%

(Multiple choice - 142 votes by 141 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7E1755C7-8593-4FA2-92A9-9E2FE625EE32 (resized).jpeg
STFU Donnie (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
6F4F8A2D-CABB-420F-9A7C-D1DF45B82DCF (resized).jpeg
laneway (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pahuffman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#233 2 years ago

I have been wanting to have a rental property for some time now. The current plan is to rent out our current house when we decide to upgrade eventually. Our house is a 3br 3ba about 10 minutes north of downtown, directly attached to the nicest neighborhood in our part of town but not actually in it so no HOA to deal with, garage, metal roof, non-flood plane, and generally low maintenance with pretty good neighbors. Does this sound like a good starting point? Seems to make sense to me.

But I'm curious how everyone else got their start. Did y'all start renting your existing houses or purchase with the intent to rent?

2 years later
#279 9 days ago

We started renting our old house in August of last year. So far, everything is going well. The family seems nice and the property is well cared for. I'd like to start saving for another property but the rates are still crazy high. We are using a property manager but so far the only repair has been a garage door spring that likely was past due anyway.

#281 9 days ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

Awesome! Good for you! Ive never used a property manager, I'm pretty handy and live close by, but I bet that's good peace of mind.

The manager is a friend of mine (actually a pinball buddy). I decided to use him because he gave me a good rate and I wanted someone to go after my tenants if they didn't pay the rent. Thankfully, that hasn't been an issue but knowing myself it would be difficult for me to do. So definitely some peace of mind there but he has been great to work with. Listing the property and getting it rented was a breeze.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pahuffman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-landlords-here-please-post-tips-and-stories?tu=Pahuffman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.